• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Finding the owner of a unit not on market?

SUN-N-Fun

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
We were wanting to buy a resale at sunset harbor. We were looking for a specific week and room. Is there any owners list or way to get contact info for existing owners other than public record/deed searches?

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were wanting to buy a resale at sunset harbor. We were looking for a specific week and room. Is there any owners list or way to get contact info for existing owners other than public record/deed searches?
I would love to know the answer to this for HRC High Sierra. Wondering if this could be located online through the County recorder.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
What week and unit are you looking for?

RM@SH

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor
We had asked the same as we are after a specific week and unit but we're told it is not available. They suggest going that week and leaving a note in the door. I am sure if the information was available, owners at SH would be deluged with requests.
There is also an email chain put out by one of the owners that lists many rent, purchase and for sale requests.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Deeds are public records, so you can find the deed on the county website, but it usually doesn't contain contact info, just names, and sometimes a mailing address that was correct at the time the deed was recorded. But using the names you might be able to find the person online.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
I just checked. Since Monroe County is dysfunctional, searching the public records is an exercise in futility. Unless the search has been made before, a request must be submitted. And knowing that government, it is safe to assume a long wait after that, and probably nothing more, ever. I think we can all breathe a little easier knowing that people aren't going to send us return-receipt letters begging us to sell our weeks.

SUN-N-Fun

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
I’m looking to purchase a summer week 22-30 in a 532/533 unit, specifically.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
I’m looking to purchase a summer week 22-30 in a 532/533 unit, specifically.

Think about it this way. If you owned that week, and enjoyed using it, would you want people sending you certified letters with cash offers for it? Calling your house (if you have a listed land-line number)?

Once you buy your week, I think you'll agree that it's best that the rest of the world doesn't have easy access to the owners.

SUN-N-Fun

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
Think about it this way. If you owned that week, and enjoyed using it, would you want people sending you certified letters with cash offers for it? Calling your house (if you have a listed land-line number)?

Once you buy your week, I think you'll agree that it's best that the rest of the world doesn't have easy access to the owners.
Of course, but as a Florida person myself I know it’s all public records. Usually members have access to contact/communicate with other members of associations, but I’m new to HSH

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Of course, but as a Florida person myself I know it’s all public records. Usually members have access to contact/communicate with other members of associations, but I’m new to HSH

Monroe County is different. You'll see if you do a records search.

SUN-N-Fun

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
Monroe County is different. You'll see if you do a records search.
It’s easy to navigate if your familiar, those records dump into excel easy. Other than title agents using inconsistent fields and legal descriptions Monroe is like most counties in FL. Always use internet explorer, otherwise the data is butchered.

but like I said I was hoping there was a quick and efficient way for fellow owners to contact one another. (A message board like this as an example)

As to getting bombarded. Again due to easy access laws we get tons of postcards daily for standard realty holdings. Timeshares aren’t much different, fractional ownership but still realty.

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
If you're on Facebook, have you joined the Hyatt Residence Club Owners page? You might try posting on there to see if anyone is interested in selling their week.