• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Finally

Tooletime40

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
King's Creek Triennial
My wife and I have owned our Time share week at King's Creek since our honeymoon 13 years ago. We were so naive then. We rarely use our triennial. We have discussed selling, but we have never gotten serious about it. This may be our year.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Just to set expectations here. "Selling" may not be the correct term to use. "Giving away" may be more realistic.

Tooletime40

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
King's Creek Triennial
Agreed. It will be more like giving than selling. I shall use the term "selling" to pacify my extremely disgruntled wife who gets enraged every time she thinks about Ed and his plethora of lies. I still don't know how some of the salespeople sleep at night or live with themselves for the shameless lies they tell. Resale would have be the way in for any that thinks a timeshare would work for them.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I still don't know how some of the salespeople sleep at night or live with themselves for the shameless lies they tell.

Probably lying flat with eyes shut.

Bill

hcarman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It has been rare, if ever, that I have ever made it through a sales presentation without catching at least one lie or gross fabrication. One exception might be Disney. They were like here is our product - if you like it great, if not no big deal.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a 3BR LO off there - biannual and from time to time watch the sales of these units on ebay. They do typically get a couple of hundred of dollars. But, certainly don't hold off selling in search of that. Take whatever you can get, even if nothing if you wish to sell.

FWIW, the unit is a decent trader with either RCI and II, if you have the ability to book a prime week (like summer, ideally 4th of july) to deposit. If you do own a 3BR LO, you can also split into a 1BR and a 2BR and deposit two units for your one. Just mentioning because if do any type of traveling then the week you own can be still be used for great travel if you cannot sell.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
J
My wife and I have owned our Time share week at King's Creek since our honeymoon 13 years ago. We were so naive then. We rarely use our triennial. We have discussed selling, but we have never gotten serious about it. This may be our year.
Hi..its a great resort. I've stayed there and enjoyed it. Perhaps you can give it a try with a vacation or two. Even if 7 nights might be too much, I sometimes stay for 5 nights...at least you will use it!!

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Stayed there in 2007. Nice enough. Resale is possible if you have the right week in a good unit. Saw an estates section 2/6 for $ 995 points week. Resale prices are not going to get much better or worse in this overbuilt area.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Just to set expectations here. "Selling" may not be the correct term to use. "Giving away" may be more realistic.

Relieving one's self might be a more apt expression here too....

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
First. Welcome to the TUG WEBSITE.
King Creek, is a very nice resort, a good locations based in Williamsburg, located beside Watercountry USA and Busch Gardens. Take your time with your decision. This is only one suggestion, when you are not going to use it rent out for the cost of m/f.

Wishing your family happiness and peace of mind in 2021.

Last edited:

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own a 2br/1br Cottage. We've stayed there a couple of times since we bought it...about 2005? It's a very nice resort. Pretty good for trading. Have you asked KCP about taking it back?

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Kings Creek one year in one of the 3BR/3BA cottages. They may not be worth much on the resale market, but we really enjoyed our stay there, especially those 3BR/3BA Cottage lock-offs. Super convenient for a 7 Day pass week at Busch Gardens / Water Country.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed. It will be more like giving than selling. I shall use the term "selling" to pacify my extremely disgruntled wife who gets enraged every time she thinks about Ed and his plethora of lies. I still don't know how some of the salespeople sleep at night or live with themselves for the shameless lies they tell. Resale would have be the way in for any that thinks a timeshare would work for them.

With a triennial, you could deposit w II or RCI and go to some pretty nice places. I use RCI, but I think most people do Interval. Do you use it for exchanges?

Tooletime40

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
King's Creek Triennial
With a triennial, you could deposit w II or RCI and go to some pretty nice places. I use RCI, but I think most people do Interval. Do you use it for exchanges?
We did initially, but our family expanded to 7. Travel is expensive for 7. We go somewhere every other year.

Tooletime40

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
King's Creek Triennial
We stayed at Kings Creek one year in one of the 3BR/3BA cottages. They may not be worth much on the resale market, but we really enjoyed our stay there, especially those 3BR/3BA Cottage lock-offs. Super convenient for a 7 Day pass week at Busch Gardens / Water Country.
We love the area. When it comes to the beach, my wife is part fish.

Tooletime40

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
King's Creek Triennial
We own a 2br/1br Cottage. We've stayed there a couple of times since we bought it...about 2005? It's a very nice resort. Pretty good for trading. Have you asked KCP about taking it back?
I have a hard time getting the right person on the phone. I almost need a part time secretary.

Tooletime40

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
King's Creek Triennial

Tooletime40

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
King's Creek Triennial
First. Welcome to the TUG WEBSITE.
King Creek, is a very nice resort, a good locations based in Williamsburg, located beside Watercountry USA and Busch Gardens. Take your time with your decision. This is only one suggestion, when you are not going to use it rent out for the cost of m/f.

Wishing your family happiness and peace of mind in 2021.
Thanks for the welcome and wisdom. I love this site.

Tooletime40

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
King's Creek Triennial
Stayed there in 2007. Nice enough. Resale is possible if you have the right week in a good unit. Saw an estates section 2/6 for $ 995 points week. Resale prices are not going to get much better or worse in this overbuilt area.
I did find some favorable numbers online. I want to rent, but my wife wants out.

Tooletime40

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
King's Creek Triennial