• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Finally Time for Our Molokai Trip

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, slept in this morning and I got a call from Young Brothers and my wife’s car was in and we could pick it up today if we got there by 11am. I was surprised for a Sunday especially on a holiday weekend. Anyway, we hopped in the shower and headed out to get it. They did a great job Again. It is in great shape.

View attachment 13752

View attachment 13751

We had to stop and get gas right away because it had to have under a quarter tank to ship it.

After that we stopped by Maka’s Corner for some breakfast to take home and eat on the lanai.

Teri Pork and Corned Beef Hash.

View attachment 13749

View attachment 13750

That’s awesome you got the car so quick. Will save on rental car money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife was cold last night and had to put on a blanket. It was probably 77 degrees :)

Couldn’t be more perfect here right now.
87 and the sun is shining and Lanai is in the background. I can even see the Big Island today. :cool:

View attachment 13764

I thought you determined that was Kaho’olawe you we’re seeing and not the Big Island, unless you are referring to Maui itself.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I thought you determined that was Kaho’olawe you we’re seeing and not the Big Island, unless you are referring to Maui itself.

That’s right, I made the same mistake again. :doh:

Reactions: Xan

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Right now she is coming back and staying with me on Oahu. She doesn’t feel she will like the big city much. I think she will end out liking it after a wile. Otherwise she will stay with me for a few months and then go to Molokai when she wants to get away for a few months.

This will be the interesting thing for her. I grew up in Chicago and am used to the big city things, although they are not my favorite I’m alright with it. My wife has always been in a small rural area so the crowds and noise will be an adjustment. She is adventurous though so I think she will adjust. Time will tell.

Well as far as liking, not liking, and tolerating big cities I need to mention that my husband and I just came home from 8 nights in New York City.(We only live 60 miles East of New York City on Long Island but it is a different world). We met in NYC 43 years ago and were born there many years ago so New York City is not new too us but we are older. However, as much as we love the city life of Honolulu it is NOTHING LIKE New York City. New York City is toooooo much. It is too big, too busy, too many people, too noisy, too much traffic(we didn't have a car). Besides the weather being better in Honolulu is a nicer city for our needs and desires. Perhaps your wife will find it as nice as we do.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
New York City is toooooo much. It is too big, too busy, too many people, too noisy, too much traffic(we didn't have a car).
The first time I visited NYC I felt this way. I was on sensory overload. But, on my second trip I fell in love with it. We have been going back once a year in the Fall.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Well as far as liking, not liking, and tolerating big cities I need to mention that my husband and I just came home from 8 nights in New York City.(We only live 60 miles East of New York City on Long Island but it is a different world). We met in NYC 43 years ago and were born there many years ago so New York City is not new too us but we are older. However, as much as we love the city life of Honolulu it is NOTHING LIKE New York City. New York City is toooooo much. It is too big, too busy, too many people, too noisy, too much traffic(we didn't have a car). Besides the weather being better in Honolulu is a nicer city for our needs and desires. Perhaps your wife will find it as nice as we do.

I really do think she will like it more than she lets on. Certain things we will get used to and will be fine.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
what's the name of the pink drink?

The one with the Pineapple is a Lava Flow and the other is a Ling Hing Mui Margarita on the rocks. Both were excellent.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I bet Mrs. Slip will enjoy her time in Honolulu, because she knows she will be going back to Molokai, so it will be fun for a change. I think getting to know Honolulu will actually be helpful, because after you are both retired full-time on Molokai, I'm sure you will want to visit Oahu sometimes just for fun. You've got the best of both worlds now! I'm just a little tiny bit envious! :clap:

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I bet Mrs. Slip will enjoy her time in Honolulu, because she knows she will be going back to Molokai, so it will be a fun for a change. I think getting to know Honolulu will actually be helpful, because after you are both retired full-time on Molokai, I'm sure you will want to visit Oahu sometimes just for fun. You've got the best of both worlds now! I'm just a little tiny bit envious! :clap:

This is what I think to. We will be planning vacation for next year soon and I’m sure we will be coming back to Molokai for some long weekends too. We already had a week on Kauai planned so we won’t change that.

We get to Honolulu today at 4pm. We’ll have a nice dinner out tonight, maybe Duke’s.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I know you will get settled into a routine and get busy with work, but I hope you will keep posting pictures and updates for those of use who are living your adventure vicariously!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I know you will get settled into a routine and get busy with work, but I hope you will keep posting pictures and updates for those of use who are living your adventure vicariously!

I’ll start a new thread when we’re doing something cool and maybe sometimes when we’re not. We’ll see what lays ahead. :):cool:

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I’ll start a new thread when we’re doing something cool and maybe sometimes when we’re not. We’ll see what lays ahead. :):cool:

It’s so nice to see two people who have followed their dreams. Too many times, I see people retire and just plant.

I know your changes were initially hard (like moving, selling the house, etc), but based on how happy you look it was well worth it.

I’ve learned a lot from both of you (like you can still afford a condo in Hawaii albeit in Molokai). I thank you for that. Keep it coming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It’s so nice to see two people who have followed their dreams. Too many times, I see people retire and just plant.

I know your changes were initially hard (like moving, selling the house, etc), but based on how happy you look it was well worth it.

I’ve learned a lot from both of you (like you can still afford a condo in Hawaii albeit in Molokai). I thank you for that. Keep it coming.

Thank You, I appreciate that!!

We definitely were lucky and hopefully the last step of our house selling will come soon. There is an open house today.

Compared to a lot of you, we are relatively new to going to Hawaii, even though it’s been over ten years. We really started seriously started to put it together 5 years ago. So relatively late in life but we made it work. We are definitely not rich but are very happy where we have gotten and most definitely feel blessed.

Also, while over the national average, we never made a ton of money annually. With this new position, I am making the most I ever have, making what both of our incomes were last year but that is common in people’s later years.

Verifying we can afford this in retirement years was the hard part and brought us to check out Molokai and it turned out to be exactly what we wanted in the end.

I’ll report later how our trip to Oahu goes.

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We just got back from the street sale in Kaunakakai. I bought a couple tank tops. Didn’t have many left after we left Wisconsin. I need to buy a few Aloha shirts so I can wear them to work.

We took a ride out to the ward and drove out to the end. My wife took a video. I’ll see if I can post a link later.

We hung the picture this morning that we bought in Kaunakakai earlier in the week. It’s actually of the shore at mile marker 20 here on the east end of Molokai.

9AA3F8BC-E711-4567-A56D-056362556FF3.jpeg

Just enjoying the last couple hours on the lanai.

235555A4-797E-4F88-A9C6-01E26C3A46DC.jpeg

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
we just got back from the street sale in Kaunakakai. I bought a couple tank tops. Didn’t have many left after we left Wisconsin. I need to buy a few Aloha shirts so I can wear them to work.
Dh's favorite Aloha shirts are ones he's gotten at Tori Richards. They are expensive, but they are nice.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Dh's favorite Aloha shirts are ones he's gotten at Tori Richards. They are expensive, but they are nice.

That’s the type I have to get. More business Aloha and not so loud. :)

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
That’s the type I have to get. More business Aloha and not so loud. :)
An Aloha shirt and jeans are dh's dress up outfit. :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I probably have two dozen Aloha shirts. Most are Tori Richards. Great quality.

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I probably have two dozen Aloha shirts. Most are Tori Richards. Great quality.

Dave

I only have two so I need some new ones. :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We’re waiting to board now, 10 minutes. My wife says she prefers the small planes, no TSA, even though it only took two minutes to get through. :)

Now for the loooong 30 minute flight home. :cool:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I switched to some Haggar pants for work. They are cooler. :thumbup:
Well when we're in Hawaii it's Aloha shirts and shorts. The jeans are when we are home in Santa Fe. :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well when we're in Hawaii it's Aloha shirts and shorts. The jeans are when we are home in Santa Fe. :)

I can wear Aloha shirts to work but no shorts. :D

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
We’re waiting to board now, 10 minutes. My wife says she prefers the small planes, no TSA, even though it only took two minutes to get through. :)

Now for the loooong 30 minute flight home. :cool:

Hey. Curious. How much is it to fly from Molokai to Oahu? Which airline do you use?