• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Finally Time for Our Molokai Trip

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Going down stairs bothers her knees. It is likely she will have additional problems with both knees as she gets old. She is now only 65.

This will sound strange but it really helps. Anybody with knee problems who finds it difficult and or painful to walk down stairs should try walking down backwards (facing up the stairs). Different muscles and ligaments take the weight while you are bending the knee going down backwards and it is nearly painless. Of course care should be taken by watching (look down between your ankles) where you are putting your feet to make sure most or all of your foot is on the step and hold onto the railing. After my 1st torn meniscus and subsequent surgery (in 2013) I spent months going down the stairs backwards (and getting some funny looks in public) on the advise of my physiotherapist. I tore and macerated the meniscus in my other knee in June and am scheduled for surgery in October. I have resorted to walking downstairs backwards again!

~Diane

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
This will sound strange but it really helps. Anybody with knee problems who finds it difficult and or painful to walk down stairs should try walking down backwards (facing up the stairs). Different muscles and ligaments take the weight while you are bending the knee going down backwards and it is nearly painless. Of course care should be taken by watching (look down between your ankles) where you are putting your feet to make sure most or all of your foot is on the step and hold onto the railing. After my 1st torn meniscus and subsequent surgery (in 2013) I spent months going down the stairs backwards (and getting some funny looks in public) on the advise of my physiotherapist. I tore and macerated the meniscus in my other knee in June and am scheduled for surgery in October. I have resorted to walking downstairs backwards again!

~Diane

My husband just goes know stairs slowly. However, sometimes when going up a steep hill he will turn around and go up the hill backwards with smaller steps since the pressure on the torn meniscus becomes great going up a hill.