• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fighting Covid again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MdRef

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas, Orlando

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Sometimes I wonder if being able to make a quick and clever comment on social media is more important than giving thoughtful consideration to what’s already been said.

Test before close contact with people you’re not regularly sharing space with, to try to prevent you asymptomatically infecting them. Test after, too, just in case they’ve asymptomatically infected you. More tests aren’t going to hurt anybody!

Seriously. What is so damned difficult to understand about the fact that a deadly pandemic has been circulating the world for more than two years now, and pretending otherwise in order to score political points is probably the stupidest response we could have had?!?!

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
What's so damned difficult to understand that we need to follow the directives / advice of our nation's leading health experts?

In all seriousness, If I (because I'm one of the TUG people who looks at "The Experts" skeptically) said I tested AFTER thanksgiving, you all would be jumping over me shrieking "but....but...that's not what we were told to you . You are reckless and irresponsible and selfish and probably infected people at dinner . Testing afterwards makes it all about YOU".

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What's so damned difficult to understand that we need to follow the directives / advice of our nation's leading health experts?

In all seriousness, If I (because I'm one of the TUG people who looks at "The Experts" skeptically) said I tested AFTER thanksgiving, you all would be jumping over me shrieking "but....but...that's not what we were told to you . You are reckless and irresponsible and selfish and probably infected people at dinner . Testing afterwards makes it all about YOU".
Not what I said, not a response that I'd give (which you know based on how I do respond,) but thanks for playing anyway. :rolleyes:

MdRef

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas, Orlando
Sometimes I wonder if being able to make a quick and clever comment on social media is more important than giving thoughtful consideration to what’s already been said.

Test before close contact with people you’re not regularly sharing space with, to try to prevent you asymptomatically infecting them. Test after, too, just in case they’ve asymptomatically infected you. More tests aren’t going to hurt anybody!

Seriously. What is so damned difficult to understand about the fact that a deadly pandemic has been circulating the world for more than two years now, and pretending otherwise in order to score political points is probably the stupidest response we could have had?!?!

"....pretending otherwise in order to score political points is probably the stupidest response we could have had?!?!"

"Stupidest response" ?

It's not best that we should all think alike and there's no world where people exist that are exactly alike. In fact, life would be dull if we all agreed. But remember, every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle and even in that difference of opinion, we must still respect each other.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
"....pretending otherwise in order to score political points is probably the stupidest response we could have had?!?!"

"Stupidest response" ?
You have to appreciate the irony, though.

It's not best that we should all think alike and there's no world where people exist that are exactly alike. In fact, life would be dull if we all agreed. But remember, every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle and even in that difference of opinion, we must still respect each other.
I disagree.

I have absolutely zero respect for the people who deliberately maligned the experts who had been leaders in their pandemic-related fields for decades prior to COVID-19 coming on the scene, when and after that malignant mindset was started at the top by a moron who obviously thought that ignoring the possible seriousness of what was to come would be advantageous for his political career.

I also have absolutely zero respect for the people who refused to consider practicing known, well-established pandemic mitigators measures that were suggested by the experts while and after they were working to uncover the pandemic's seriousness, because those people chose to prioritize politics over health.

I also have absolutely zero respect for those who try to tell me that I must respect everybody, when I have obviously seen and been a direct beneficiary of blatant disrespect that only added fuel to the COVID-19 fire.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
We all needs to be extra careful right now. Because Covid-19 have not been eliminated. IMHO
Covid will never be eliminated. Heck, even the virus that caused the 1918 pandemic is still around. Are you saying we need to be "extra careful" forever, since the Covid virus will be around forever? Just trying to understand your comment.

Kurt

MdRef

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas, Orlando
You have to appreciate the irony, though.

I disagree.

I have absolutely zero respect for the people who deliberately maligned the experts who had been leaders in their pandemic-related fields for decades prior to COVID-19 coming on the scene, when and after that malignant mindset was started at the top by a moron who obviously thought that ignoring the possible seriousness of what was to come would be advantageous for his political career.

I also have absolutely zero respect for the people who refused to consider practicing known, well-established pandemic mitigators measures that were suggested by the experts while and after they were working to uncover the pandemic's seriousness, because those people chose to prioritize politics over health.

I also have absolutely zero respect for those who try to tell me that I must respect everybody, when I have obviously seen and been a direct beneficiary of blatant disrespect that only added fuel to the COVID-19 fire.

We all have to live with our choices whatever they are so, good luck. ;)

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
RUH ROH … you are testing AFTER thanksgiving? The guidance was to test before hand.
My prior post was addressing the issue as to whether there was any difference between meeting people at one's office versus a family Thanksgiving gathering. For the reasons I mentioned, I believe there is a substantial difference.

Thanks for posting, however, in that it gives me a chance to reiterate that if anyone has attended a large family gathering at Thanksgiving, given the heigtened dangers, they should have themsleves tested. (I feel the same way if one has travelled and passed through an airport.)

As far as Fauci's advise, I believe he suggested that you should test yourself the day of Thanksgiving, not before. Admittedly I did not do that, but I live at a senior living center where the possibility of Covid is very tightly monitored. I can say, given the daily reports, that no one at the Center had Covid the days prior to Thanksgiving, although four off campus workers have tested positive. They worked in a different part of the facility and I was not exposed to them. If I were to have caught Covid here, it would have had to have been the day before Thanksgiving before I set off for a family gathering. In that case, it would not have shown up in any test until after Thanksgiving. Thus, in my own case, which is fairly unique, following Fauci's advise would have been fruitless.

Have a nice day and enjoy life.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Check to see if your tests have extended time-
"The FDA has compiled a list of 23 different at-home COVID tests along with their most accurate and up-to-date expiration dates. The iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test, for example—the one sent via mail by the government—has an extended shelf life of 12 months. The FDA now says that if the box of that specific test has an expiration date of August 2022, you may now safely use it until February 2023."

Thanks for posting. When I initially got to the FDA site, I couldn't find the info that I wanted. So, I did a google search on: fda covid test kit expiration extension for ________ (plug in your kit's name), and it drilled directly to the info I needed.

Reactions: Tia

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
FWIW, my family tested before our Thanksgiving gathering. It was no problem, no inconvenience, no issue whatsoever…

And today I flew to Europe, during which time I had an engaging conversation with the couple next to me who admitted just an hour prior to landing that neither of them were vaccinated, one for a justifiable medical reason, and both had Covid and believed they have antibodies…yet also couldn’t remember if they had Covid this year or last year… sorry, not sorry but this is the type of opinion which has very little basis in fact given what we know about the relative protection Covid antibodies have for us. I wore my mask to protect myself, and I wasn’t the only one on the plane, though I was in the minority.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW, my family tested before our Thanksgiving gathering. It was no problem, no inconvenience, no issue whatsoever…

And today I flew to Europe, during which time I had an engaging conversation with the couple next to me who admitted just an hour prior to landing that neither of them were vaccinated, one for a justifiable medical reason, and both had Covid and believed they have antibodies…yet also couldn’t remember if they had Covid this year or last year… sorry, not sorry but this is the type of opinion which has very little basis in fact given what we know about the relative protection Covid antibodies have for us. I wore my mask to protect myself, and I wasn’t the only one on the plane, though I was in the minority.

Ken I hope it worked.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Ken I hope it worked.

Believe it or not, I’m not that worried. Still, the misguided, ignorant, and politically motivated posts which continue to infest TUG and elsewhere about this issue is just crazy.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I’m not that worried. Still, the misguided, ignorant, and politically motivated posts which continue to infest TUG and elsewhere about this issue is just crazy.

:wave: :cool::poop:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We just came home from a Rhine River Cruise on Tuesday, we tested on Wednesday morning for Covid. Both of us tested negative. Our son came to stay and we had Thanksgiving at our daughter and son in law’s house on Friday.Extra days to rest before celebrating with our family! We wore masks on the planes and when in crowded indoor spots. Enjoyed a much anticipated cruise. Thanks to Sandy!

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there any data on file of Covid spreading after a college or any NFL football game or a college or a NBA basketball game
(Airborne and very high & hugh public contacts) ??????.
My clients strongly believe they caught covid (one and only time up to that point because of wfh) from attending a NBA conference finals this past season.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
[DELETED]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
ok, so since this effort has still not yet had the intended results, we will change the rules yet again in the hopes that the forum can still remain a source of information for covid travel related topics, but eliminate all the petty political/contentious nonsense that seems a good number of you are so addicted to.

so from here on out, if your post is just a link to an opinion piece, or political article or other such nonsense you know full well is going to spark a debate with the "other side", itll just get locked immediately. If you wish to discuss the merits of treatments/vaccines/political rhetoric/alex jones/the view/whatever...there is an ENTIRE INTERNET available to you outside of TUG.

stick to posts that discuss topics related to covid and travel and or timesharing. period.

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.