• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

chickensoop

Reaction score
I am booked up for May, 2017. I noticed the all inclusive offer for $80 per person per day. This seems quite pricey as when 2 of us vacation at other places, we average about $100-130 per day for 2 of us ($50-65 each per day). We are not huge people and try to eat healthy and don't drink much booze.

If you don't go all inclusive, can you still eat meals there, at a reasonable price? We are there for 2 weeks so I don't want to get all jammed up looking at the same buffets and meals every single day. We like to get out and explore local cuisine, but still, we need to eat local breakfast and lunch at the hotel, while heading out for supper.

CodyA88

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, where do you go where AI is only $50-65/per person? I'm going to FA Cabo in June and am excited about the optional $80 AI. Although, my wife and I, ok mainly me, will put down some drinks while we're there.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
If you don't go all inclusive, can you still eat meals there, at a reasonable price? We are there for 2 weeks so I don't want to get all jammed up looking at the same buffets and meals every single day. We like to get out and explore local cuisine, but still, we need to eat local breakfast and lunch at the hotel, while heading out for supper.

Yes you can still eat your meals there w/o going AI. We will be going on our 3 trip there this February. Personally, we like to eat our breakfast in our room (watching the whales) and sometimes our lunch. We like to go out for dinner in town and the other lunches (we always rent a car for this). We haven't eaten the food at FA because we like to experience the local atmosphere.

PezLori

Reaction score
I've been curious about this too. We're interested in this location and unsure about the AI option. We'd like to have some poolside meals and drinks, and mix it up for dinner. Breakfast likely in our room. Can anyone give some info about food pricing if you don't go the AI route? Thanks!

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Can anyone give some info about food pricing if you don't go the AI route? Thanks!

We will be there February 9-16. I should be able to capture pictures of the menus for you then. (if someone doesn't answer with details beforehand).

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
There are several different restaurants there with various prices. We didn't do the AI when we were there because we like to eat in town. The food at FA was good.

We only stayed 3 nights. If I was there longer, I might do AI for a few days. $80 a day isn't bad but we like to drink.

mrsmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't been there, yet, but we own there. I called to ask about a guest who is going at the end of February. As an owner or a guest of an owner, and I think if you are coming from HGVC as well, you can pick which days to do AI. for instance, not your first day and last day for travel - or if you know you are going to be out sightseeing or on a tour. You just have to decide and pick when you check in and pay for it.

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana
They also have some AI that is for less than the whole day - breakfast and lunch, for example.

MattnTricia

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at the FA Los Cabos in Dec 2015.

AI is the only way to go unless you are going to cook in your timeshare unit.

Drinks and food are very pricey.

IMHO $80 a day is way less than almost any other resort and a value at Fiesta as their service is exceptional.

Also remember that

Passport

Reaction score
My first post! My fiancé and I were there December 2016 and loved it. If you book the all inclusive all week at the outset of your arrival the price is $70 per person a day. Or, you can decide daily for $80 per person whether you want all inclusive. We do not eat or drink much either. We added the all inclusive every other day and took it easy diet and drinking wise and hit the gym when not on the all inclusive days. Non all inclusive days totaled about $100 (for 2 of us) a day. I would experiment and see what works best for you guys.

Last edited:

elleny76

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, where do you go where AI is only $50-65/per person? I'm going to FA Cabo in June and am excited about the optional $80 AI. Although, my wife and I, ok mainly me, will put down some drinks while we're there.

The Op means they eat appx on their own (no AI) an average $50-65 each per day.