• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Festiva Celebration World trading

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a good friend who fell for the developer spiel a number of years ago and she has never used her TS. I am pretty sure this resort would not be a good trader in RCI. Does anyone here own a Celebration World floating week?
She knows I use TS all the time and asked for my help in learning to use her week. I think she has a RCI membership. Would she do better in DAE or another free service? I will tell her what I know about Last Call vacations. ( I use II )
I already told her Orlando is loaded with resorts and hers would not be a top pick. Anyway does anyone have any tips I can give her? She does for others all the time. I would like to help her.
I told her I thought she would have trouble getting rid of her resort. It would be nice if she could get some use out of it.

Gophesjo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Others will have more experience than me, as this is my first year trading. I am pleased so far with what I have gotten through Platinum, and am about to make a deposit to get a week that I want from DAE. I have to track the availability with them quite closely, however. I have not yet put in an advance request with either, as I have seen things pop up on the availability screen that I have been looking for.

Platinum is much cheaper than RCI - a domestic trade is $129 and an international one is $149, without an annual membership fee. DAE is cheaper too, with trade prices about the same, but does give individuals who have an upgraded (for a fee) annual 'Gold' membership a 14 day jump on many deposited weeks.

DAE also had Bonus Week certs for $149 at Christmas time.

I have not used Trading Places or SFX, so can't tell you about them.

You may want to join one or another of these services to help your friend learn how to use them. Why not - its free!