• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fees Associated with Trading into RCI

anderik1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry for a very basic question, but I want to make sure that I understand how the RCI exchanges work.

Let's just pretend that I have 5000 HGV points in my 2019 account.

When I look at something for a week through RCI, it shows 2400 points.

My belief is that if I wanted to book that, it would take $239 (current free for a week) and 2400 of my 5000 points. Is that correct?

Then I would have 2600 points left for HGV. I thought I saw something about saving points to RCI which gives you two years to use them. How does that change things? Do I pay a fee to convert them to RCI and then another $239 when I book something? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
There is only one situation in which you should save (deposit) points to RCI...
You already saved them to next year's HGVC account (for maximum flexibility).
Then, to keep HGVC saved points from expiring, you can deposit them to RCI.
RCI deposited points are valid from date of deposit plus two calendar years.
The booking fee is in addition to the fee to save (deposit) points.

To quote the Rules:
"Members may deposit current-year ClubPoints or previously saved ClubPoints into the RCI Exchange Program for future weekly and nightly RCI Exchange Reservations. RCI deposits are valid from the date of deposit through an additional two calendar years; travel must occur prior to points expiration."

Last edited:

anderik1

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is only one situation in which you should save (deposit) points to RCI...
You already saved them to next year's HGVC account (for maximum flexibility).
Then, to keep HGVC saved points from expiring, you can deposit them to RCI.
RCI deposited points are valid from date of deposit plus two calendar years.
The booking fee is in addition to the to save (deposit) points.

To quote the Rules:
"Members may deposit current-year ClubPoints or previously saved ClubPoints into the RCI Exchange Program for future weekly and nightly RCI Exchange Reservations. RCI deposits are valid from the date of deposit through an additional two calendar years; travel must occur prior to points expiration."
In that case would you be charged two $104 saving fees?

Any ideas on the fees associated with my original question on the direct RCI booking?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Where the points come from makes no difference in the booking fee. Whether you use current year points, saved HGVC points or deposited RCI points, you pay the same fee.

Next, you pay a fee for each act of saving... one for saving to HGVC and then one in the following year if you need to deposit them to RCI. The only reason for that would be failing to use up your saved HGVC points for either HGVC or for RCI, or for a partner perk.

The system draws HGVC points for RCI bookings in the following order: saved HGVC points*, current HGVC points, following two years points. So having to deposit to RCI means that you haven't even started current year HGVC points.

*Booking RCI with saved HGVC points must be for travel in the same year.

Last edited: