• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Feeling embarrassed [Rescind Advice Needed]

Tink63

Reaction score
Last Thursday in Branson, my husband and I fell for the "closing" pitch at a Wyndham Resort presentation. Now that we are back home and have had time to think and research a little, we feel this was a bad decision and want to cancel. However I have searched all my paperwork and there is no cancellation/rescinding forms attached or included!! Where do I send my letter? To the Wyndahm main office or to the office in Branson where we attended the presentation. Help please! If anyone has been here before us, could you give some advice?

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Last Thursday in Branson, my husband and I fell for the "closing" pitch at a Wyndham Resort presentation. Now that we are back home and have had time to think and research a little, we feel this was a bad decision and want to cancel. However I have searched all my paperwork and there is no cancellation/rescinding forms attached or included!! Where do I send my letter? To the Wyndahm main office or to the office in Branson where we attended the presentation. Help please! If anyone has been here before us, could you give some advice?

I haven't seen that particular paperwork, but I seem to recall in the past people saying something about it being inside the back cover of the book or binder they provided? It has to be there somewhere - it's the law. Don't delay your rescission, as there is a time limit on when it needs to be postmarked. You need to send it to the address in the paperwork - other addresses aren't "official." Follow the instructions to the letter.

Maybe others here can offer more specific information?

Dave

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Certified Mail .. suggest you also pay for Return Receipt, too.

removed "wrong info".

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You will not find a form. But just write a simple , I/We wish to cancel contract XXXXX, Dated XXXXX. Both signers of the contract must sign the rescissions letter. Include a COPY of the contracts signature page. Send it USPS Certified to the Business office address.

Mail it Tuesday.

Best wishes. You just bought yourselves a very Merry Christmas.

Jim

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's on the last page of your contract above where you signed.

Wyndham Vacations Resorts Inc.
ATT. Account Servicing Operations - Rescission Department
PO Box 94443
Las Vegas, Nevada 89193

Or

10750 West Charleston Boulevard, Suite 130
Las Vegas, Nevada 89135

I don't know why it has different zip codes but that's what it shows.
Be sure to put your contract number on your cancellation notice and all buyers have to sign that signed on the contract.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
In Missouri, you have 5 days (not business days) to cancel. The key date is the postmark. With Christmas in the way, the first opportunity you have is Tuesday morning which is also the 5th day. So make sure you get to the post office on Tuesday to send the letter out.

Sue

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
PO Box 94443
Las Vegas, Nevada 89193

Or

Las Vegas, Nevada 89135

The street address location is just in a different zip code than the PO Box address. The PO Box is just east of the Strip, northeast of the I-15 and I-215 interchange, probably in a post office building there. The street address is just west of I-215 in South Summerlin. ?

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone gave mistaken advice about the hidden compartment. That is another developer that does that. Not that Wyndham salesweasels are angels, but compared to Wastegate, they just might be.

Jim

Tink63

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for all the advice. I will be at the post office first thing Tuesday! Merry Christmas!

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
It's on the last page of your contract above where you signed.

Wyndham Vacations Resorts Inc.
ATT. Account Servicing Operations - Rescission Department
PO Box 94443
Las Vegas, Nevada 89193

Or

Las Vegas, Nevada 89135

Be sure to put your contract number on your cancellation notice and all buyers have to sign that signed on the contract.

If you choose to pay for return receipt, then I recommend you mail it to the street address, not to the PO Box.

Several people in the OP's situation have reported on Facebook that the PO Box may show "Delivery Rejected" in their electronic delivery notification.

Good Luck.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you choose to pay for return receipt, then I recommend you mail it to the street address, not to the PO Box.

Several people in the OP's situation have reported on Facebook that the PO Box may show "Delivery Rejected" in their electronic delivery notification.

Good Luck.
Even though it showed "Delivery Rejected" did Wyndham acknowledge and process the rescission?
Both addresses appear on the contract. I quoted from a contract.
I would think Wyndham would be very liable for putting an address on a contract only to reject what is delivered to that address in less than 2 weeks

Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Paying for Return Receipt is up to you, but it's not required for rescission. Even if Wyndham rejected a letter, the sender has proof that they sent it with their receipt from the post office. The sender would have met their requirements for rescission as long as the letter is MAILED within the rescission period.

I've never heard of any developer being able to NOT rescind a purchase because they rejected a rescission letter that was sent in a timely manner.