• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FAY

silvib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Take care fellow FL residents and visitors alike. Here we go again! We're going to Sanibel 1st week in Sept so hope any further tropical activity waits until later.

laxmom

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
Reaction score
Same here! We are cruising out of Port Canaveral on Labor Day! Watching closely for the next 10 days or so!!

Everyone who lives in the path of this storm, please stay safe!

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here in Ocala, they've already cancelled school for the next couple of days...here we go!
Connie

taffy19

Reaction score
I hope it won't be too bad for you Connie and all other Floridians either. I still prefer earthquakes over hurricanes, I believe, as hurricanes seem do much more damage and more often. Take care and be safe.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
We prepared for another Charley, but it looks like Fay won't ever become a hurricane. Oh well, better to be safe than sorry. Now we're looking forward to the shelling by the end of the week. The surf is kicked up just enough to bring in some nice stuff!

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We're more inland, and it looks like it will be a tropical storm for us. I don't worry about the hurricane itself as much as the finger tornadoes that seem to just happen.
Thanks for the concern:)
Connie

Jim Bryan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gloomy in Winter Haven this morning. Rain, some wind. Waiting until later today for things to pick up. Hope we get plenty of rain. Glad St. Pete was spared.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/

Last edited:

JoAnn

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Heavy rain most of the night here in Lehigh. Our lake is way up and the ditches are over flowing. It's windy, but nothing is blowing around. Some power outages, but short lived, although quite a few in Lehigh have no power. Hope everyone else is doing OK.

silvib

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're in Avon Park/Sebring, in the middle, it's been raining constantly but not torrentially, and the winds are gusting quite strongly. As Connie mentioned, don't like the idea of those finger tornadoes and I think we're still in the dreaded red watch box!

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Well, it's all over here on Marco. Fay hit around 4AM with 60 MPH winds. We got about 8 inches of rain. There are some puddles in the streets here and there, a few palm fronds and tree branches down, but nothing worthy of the 6:00 news. We lost power this morning for about 4 hours but everything is fine.

Jim Bryan

TUG Member
Reaction score
At about 5 PM: Worst its been all day. Hard rain and wind gusts around 30 mph.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Fay has turned into a yawner. At least it made
the EM people feel they werre important, like they
almost earned their paycheck for opening shelters.

Charley was a real 'cane, like Donna in the 60's.
Still, "better safe than sorry," as they say.

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Fay is stalled in Brevard County (space coast area) right now. She's been here since yesterday. Lots of rain and winds up to 50 miles an hour. She spawned a tornado in a manufactured home community that injured some residents, destroyed several homes and damaged a lot of others. 9,700 people are without power. Not so much of a yawner for them.

Last edited:

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
My pool turned into an infinity pool overnight as it was overflowing. I know we had at least 6 inches of rain in the last 24 hours. I just emptied about 5 inches of water and we'll see if it fills up again. It hasn't yet stopped raining! Now that Fay is pretty much stalled over Brevard County, the forecast if for a few more inches of raiin before it moves out of the area.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Just curious...what happens when there's 5 ft of standing water all over the place from Fay's heavy rains? Do any canals risk overflowing, and what about gators coming up onto formerly "dry" land? :shrug:

Be safe ya'll.

jlwquilter

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am dealing with the high standing water right now... and it's not fun. I live in a very rural area of Palm Beach and our dirt roads are not maintained except by us homeowners as best we can.

Right now one long stretch of road is many feet under water and while my 4 wheel drive has traction, the water is up to the engine and I am terrified of stalling out! It's worse this evening when I came home than it was when I left this morning. I seriously need to decide if I am going to risk it in the morning to get DD to school... as then I have to come home, and then do it again roundtrip in the afternoon.

Conveniently (har-har) DH went out of town Monday morning before it all hit and is not due back until Friday night.

As for gators, we have them in the water around us for sure (see them often) but while I do not really expect one to take up residence in my front yard, I ALWAYS assume that they are in water, including my pool, before anyone goes in. Better safe than sorry applies to more than hurricanes!

silvib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just curious...what happens when there's 5 ft of standing water all over the place from Fay's heavy rains? Do any canals risk overflowing, and what about gators coming up onto formerly "dry" land? :shrug:

Be safe ya'll.

It was on tv a short while ago - a gator & a snake were seen swimming along the street, in the St Lucie area and the FL Game & Wildlife people were called in, but the alligator swam off before it could be caught, into a area where there were houses/flooded yards.
I have a friend who lives in the Cocoa Beach area and she says it's been miserable.