• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Favorites for July & August

BarbmC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Club
Marriott BeachPlace
Marriott Vacation Club points owner
My husband went back to teaching full time - so looking for July or August, just the 2 of us. Looking for ideas. What are some of your favorite summer locations and why? Thanks!

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband went back to teaching full time - so looking for July or August, just the 2 of us. Looking for ideas. What are some of your favorite summer locations and why? Thanks!
My kids are very particular and difficult to satisfy. But they are unanimously in agreement with the awesome-ness of Marriott's Surf Club. Great, great lazy river which everyone enjoys; fun / engaging free activities hosted by MVC during the week; very good ocean activities which are purchased such as windsurfing lessons and snorkeling trips. And they like several of the restaurants (Benihana) in Aruba although there are a number they do not like (Zeerovers). I know how that last sentence may cast doubt on my kids food acumen, but kids are the way they are and I'm just glad for the variety of food and restaurants that are available on the island.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Park City Utah, lots of things to do there, good art shows, restaurants, etc., good for just 2 without kids too. Not too hot too.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Newport Coast Villas !!!!!!!!
You have to go there at least once. Gorgeous.

Climate Newport Beach - California
°F
JanFebMarAprMayJun
Average high in °F:636363646668
Average low in °F:505152555861
Av. precipitation in inch:2.092.61.650.710.120.08
Days with precipitation:------
Hours of sunshine:------
JulAugSepOctNovDec
Average high in °F:717272706763
Average low in °F:646564605449
Av. precipitation in inch:0.040.040.160.390.941.81

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Newport Coast Villas !!!!!!!!
You have to go there at least once. Gorgeous.

Climate Newport Beach - California
°F
JanFebMarAprMayJun
Average high in °F:636363646668
Average low in °F:505152555861
Av. precipitation in inch:2.092.61.650.710.120.08
JulAugSepOctNovDec
Average high in °F:717272706763
Average low in °F:646564605449
Av. precipitation in inch:0.040.040.160.390.941.81
I agree, but the only issue is they are all two bedrooms. For two people, this is a bit of overkill, especially if you have to use points. It would be difficult to trade in during the summer as well.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maui as late in August as you can given your schedule. Many kids will be heading back to school in early August so it starts to slow down. We did this last August and it was so nice.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I agree, but the only issue is they are all two bedrooms. For two people, this is a bit of overkill, especially if you have to use points. It would be difficult to trade in during the summer as well.

Many resorts are only 2 bedrooms...Grande Ocean is one, Newport Coast Villas is another, and so on,
and no one will ever stay at either unless they get one, which would be a shame.
Because of our kids' schedules this past holiday season, my wife and I spent Christmas "alone together" at Manor Club in a 2BR.
It was awesome.
I would never have traded that huge, beautiful villa in the "original" resort's Berkeley Building for anything,
especially for the available and cheaper 1BR in Sequel.... It would have been a much different vacation.

So I do not think it's overkill to be in a great spot....ever. Hard trade or extra points, so?
If we had lived our timeshare lives that way, we'd have missed out on a lot of our greatest memories.
I understand your point totally, but maybe the OP simply wants a great new adventure (that was my take),
and I believe strongly that NCV checks that box. For one thing, it avoids the heat that many resorts have during July/August.
IMHO, the resort and the location are worthy of the slightly extra cost. It's without a doubt one of Marriott's most outstanding properties.
(And the OP didn't mention a 1BR anyway, just that there were only 2 traveling.)

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many resorts are only 2 bedrooms...Grande Ocean is one, Newport Coast Villas is another, and so on,
and no one will ever stay at either unless they get one, which would be a shame.
Because of our kids' schedules this past holiday season, my wife and I spent Christmas "alone together" at Manor Club in a 2BR.
It was awesome.
I would never have traded that huge, beautiful villa in the "original" resort's Berkeley Building for anything,
especially for the available and cheaper 1BR in Sequel.... It would have been a much different vacation.

So I do not think it's overkill to be in a great spot....ever. Hard trade or extra points, so?
If we had lived our timeshare lives that way, we'd have missed out on a lot of our greatest memories.
I understand your point totally, but maybe the OP simply wants a great new adventure (that was my take),
and I believe strongly that NCV checks that box. For one thing, it avoids the heat that many resorts have during July/August.
IMHO, the resort and the location are worthy of the slightly extra cost. It's without a doubt one of Marriott's most outstanding properties.
(And the OP didn't mention a 1BR anyway, just that there were only 2 traveling.)

We actually enjoyed Park City as much as Newport Coast, different experiences for sure, but for us, equal. ymmv.

andre10056

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Palm Beach resort in Orange Beach, Alabama the week before July 4, the July 4 week, or the week after the July 4 week. Great beach, restaurants, side trips to many interesting areas.

There's a reason that the units "sell out" in no time despite booking.com, hotels.com charging megabucks.

I'm not from the South and I recognize that might sound somewhat strange to non-Southerners. But, in my opinion, Orange Beach has become one of the finest summer resort areas in the country.

BarbmC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Club
Marriott BeachPlace
It was awesome.

Completely agree on the 2BR - my husband and I don't let that change our minds about a resort - we too have stayed in a 2BR when that was the only thing available.

BarbmC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Club
Marriott BeachPlace
Thanks for the great ideas - love them! Park City, Newport and Hawaii all on our list of places we have not been together. These are exactly the kind of ideas I was looking for.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the great ideas - love them! Park City, Newport and Hawaii all on our list of places we have not been together. These are exactly the kind of ideas I was looking for.

Then, you have some wonderful trips coming up! Enjoy!

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are using VC points, the Ritz Vail Residence Club is also a great summer vacation destination. We typically alternate between there and Park City. We own at Newport Coast but seldom go there any more due to the traffic, high gas prices and crowds. July and August are peak season there, so the resort is very crowded and parking can be a problem. We typically go there in off season since we no longer have to deal with school schedules.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are using VC points, the Ritz Vail Residence Club is also a great summer vacation destination. We typically alternate between there and Park City. We own at Newport Coast but seldom go there any more due to the traffic, high gas prices and crowds. July and August are peak season there, so the resort is very crowded and parking can be a problem. We typically go there in off season since we no longer have to deal with school schedules.

I just never ever see availability to Ritz in Vail, in summer or winter. Looking right now, non for summer at all.

SciFiFans

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Caribbean and Hyatt Windward Pointe
I guess this would depend on what yo like to do foe fun. My wife and I love Colorado in the summer it is nice and cool great for long walks especially on the mountains. Great fishing good food lots going on we really enjoy ourselves.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just never ever see availability to Ritz in Vail, in summer or winter. Looking right now, non for summer at all.
We usually go in early June or Labor Day week. I've found good availability if I book 12-13 months in advance, but have tried closer to the stay dates. I think more people are becoming aware of it, and there are limited units available for VC stays. I think there are more 3BR than 2BR.