• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Favorite non Marriott Aruba resorts

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have our passport renewals in hand and I'm looking to head out in August. Never thought I would consider Aruba in the summer, but Aruba gives me the "break" from it all that I am looking for. Also, trying to stay out of hurricane belt.

We typically stay at Ocean or Surf club. What other resorts are the same (or better) in your opinion that I should add to my OGS or keep an eye out for?

My requirements:
2 Bedroom
Full kitchen
on the beach
Beach has fixed seating and at least large umbrellas
Simply organized activities are nice, but not required

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Divi Phoenix fits your requirement but not likely to get 2BR units there via II

Others that mean the 2BR, full kitchen and on beach are (cant speak to the fixed seating/large umbrellas because I havent stayed there)

Playa Linda (waling distance to surf club)
Costa Linda
Casa del Mar

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Divi Phoenix fits your requirement but not likely to get 2BR units there via II

Others that mean the 2BR, full kitchen and on beach are (cant speak to the fixed seating/large umbrellas because I havent stayed there)

Playa Linda (waling distance to surf club)
Costa Linda
Casa del Mar
All of these resorts have palapas on the beach and lounge chairs available for guests.

Divi Golf Village would also have 2BRs but can’t recall if they have palapas.

We love La Cabana but it doesn’t not have the bells and whistles that the Marriotts have and very hard to get a 2BR there.
Since there are many fixed weeks owners, it is almost impossible to get a studio and one bedroom next to each other.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Palapas - that is the word I was looking for! Thanks

Thanks for the info, I should also mention, doesn't need to be II, can be RCI too.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palapas - that is the word I was looking for! Thanks

Thanks for the info, I should also mention, doesn't need to be II, can be RCI too.
With RCI see if you can get the beach villas at Divi Phoenix. Fabulous units. Great location. Lots of palapas!

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We’re you able to book anything* today?

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could get the flights to work for those that I posted this morning.....
I'm annoyed, the other day I had the perfect Thurs/Thurs at Surf Club on hold. It was towards the end of Aug, which kept flight cost down and then my attention got diverted for 2 minutes too long and I lost it.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Could get the flights to work for those that I posted this morning.....
I'm annoyed, the other day I had the perfect Thurs/Thurs at Surf Club on hold. It was towards the end of Aug, which kept flight cost down and then my attention got diverted for 2 minutes too long and I lost it.
Pm me your dates. I will keep my eye out. Do you have school age kids?

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have secured the 2BR unit desired for me at Surf Club. Other family members are considering going. They could survive in a studio or 1BR. I will be keeping an eye on the marriott getaways - but what other resorts are within walking distance? Someone mentioned Playa Linda.....any others?

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have secured the 2BR unit desired for me at Surf Club. Other family members are considering going. They could survive in a studio or 1BR. I will be keeping an eye on the marriott getaways - but what other resorts are within walking distance? Someone mentioned Playa Linda.....any others?

Playa Linda is the closest and only Sunday check-in (few doors down. Next closest is RIU, then Divi Phoenix - both are walkable but a very long walk.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Playa Linda is the closest and only Sunday check-in (few doors down. Next closest is RIU, then Divi Phoenix - both are walkable but a very long walk.

Thanks - for the mention of the "long" walk One of the people broke a hip last year and the distance would be an issue.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks - for the mention of the "long" walk One of the people broke a hip last year and the distance would be an issue.
You might also consider renting at Holiday Inn. Especially for those who don’t plan on cooking. As you know you can get 8 wrist bands with your unit so likely could cover everyone.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
You might also consider renting at Holiday Inn. Especially for those who don’t plan on cooking. As you know you can get 8 wrist bands with your unit so likely could cover everyone.

That's a good idea. that is the one on the other side of SC, right? I book a unit at OC direct with Marriott for now (only thing available) but it is costly. I'm going took into the Holiday Inn. Thanks for the idea

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's a good idea. that is the one on the other side of SC, right? I book a unit at OC direct with Marriott for now (only thing available) but it is costly. I'm going took into the Holiday Inn. Thanks for the idea
Right next to Moomba. Had friends stay there in April and they said it was fine. Not fancy but clean. Ask for a renovated room.
Radisson Blue is directly next to the surf club back Building but as a brand new "fancy" resort I feel it would be pricey. Holiday Inn super convenient.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Playa Linda has an owners forum (not on TUG) where lots of rentals are posted, some at reasonable prices. I can't think of the URL right now, but Google found it quickly for me awhile back. You might get lucky and find your dates available.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Radisson Blue is nice looking. Same price at Marriot OC. Holiday Inn was much more expensive

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Radisson Blue is nice looking. Same price at Marriot OC. Holiday Inn was much more expensive
Wow, that's crazy!
When booking the OC did you use the MVC code 7VC? It should take 25% off the price.

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Limetree Resort STT
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
The Hyatt Regency Palm Beach

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you are still looking I have a 2 bedroom available at Paradise Beach Villas on Eagle Beach September 4 to September 11. Great location less crowded than Palm Beach area. You can walk to restaurants and the grocery store. here's a link to check out the resort. Paradise Beach Villas - Relaxation Redefined (paradisebeachvillas-aruba.com)
We love the restaurant Terrazza at PBV and eat there several times during our stay at La Cabana https://www.terrazzaitaliana.com/

bweltsch

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between the beach villas and the beach resort at Divi Phoenix?

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
What is the difference between the beach villas and the beach resort at Divi Phoenix?
Same property, separate buildings. Same beautiful beach.

Veritoalsol

TUG Member
Reaction score
I d recommend you rent a car - the island is small but to take advantage of it (or even if you need groceries) you will need a car. We rented an apartment (not in a resort) at Oceania in Eagle beach - the unit was a 2 bedroom fully furnished, including beach towels and chairs and it is a 20 second walk (literally you need to cross the street) to the beach, which is super quiet and not crowded at all. Units are not expensive at all.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Divi Phoenix has several reports of mold and musty smell on TripAdvisor.
You can search the TripAdvisor reviews using the word “smell”.

NOTE: There’s one review with photos of black mold from December 2019 (click on thumbnail below).

652856C8-E150-41E4-87C2-04C1859568D9.jpeg

707BEE11-DB93-43EC-AD2F-DCB03E33A9A9.jpeg