• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Favorite Movie Scenes

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Dudley Moore and Peter Cook were a classic team. I loved the original version of Bedazzled. Here's the great scene where Peter Cook (as the Devil) talks to Dudley Moore about his time as an angel in heaven.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I started this thread with the fantastic car chase scene from Bullitt. Bullitt has a number of other iconic scenes. But the Opening Title scene, with music by Lalo Schifrin, is also a classic, setting the neo-noir mood for the movie.

Only at the end of the movie do you understand what is happening in that scene. In fact, it didn't recognize what was happening until I saw Bullitt a second time, after knowing the story line.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Since you brought up Bullitt again, I feel obligated to post this again, even though I posted it back in 2013.

When I was a service technician back in the 70's, I used to work on the same fax machine shown in this scene from Bullitt. It was noisy because it used an electromechanical stylus to print with carbon paper. I can tell they had to edit this scene, because it took 6 minutes for each page, not the 40 seconds in the movie. You gotta love the acoustic coupler.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I had decided to reference another Bullitt scene, and I spent at least 15 minutes reviewing scenes to select which one I wanted to use. Bullitt is so well known for the car chase scene, that much of the other nuance of the movie gets overlooked.

I was deciding among the opening credits, the hotel hit scene, the telecopier scene you posted, the airport scenes, a couple of the scenes between Bullitt (McQueen) and Chambers (Vaughan), and scenes with Jacqueline Bisset, showing the tensions in Bullitt's life. Ultimately, I decided to go with the opening credits.

FWIW - when I was looking at the clips, it struck me that there might be a connection between Frank Bullitt and Dirty Harry Callahan. As it turns out, there is. Both characters are based on the same real-life SFPD investigator, Dave Toschi.

When Bullitt came out (when I was in high school) it was jarring to me to see Robert Vaughan playing a slimy character. I only knew him as the upstanding Napoleon Solo, Ilya Kuryakin's partner in the "Man from UNCLE". The effect of casting against type was somewhat the same as seeing Henry Fonda gunning down a farmsteading family in "Once Upon a Time in the West".

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When Bullitt came out (when I was in high school) it was jarring to me to see Robert Vaughan playing a slimy character. I only knew him as the upstanding Napoleon Solo, Ilya Kuryakin's partner in the "Man from UNCLE".
My friends and I were all obsessed with "Man from UNCLE". I still think of Illya Kuryakin when I see Ducky (Dr. Mallard) on NCIS.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
My friends and I were all obsessed with "Man from UNCLE". I still think of Illya Kuryakin when I see Ducky (Dr. Mallard) on NCIS.
My crowd was obsessed with "Get Smart". That was the production that made "Sorry about that" into a meme - though the word "meme" didn't exist at that time.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
MIDNIGHT EXPRESS ending.

If you watched the whole movie, this ending is about as good as it ever gets.
Hopelessness becomes unspeakable victory and freedom.
That movie, a true story despite later being accused of being an embellishment of the actual horrors of Turkish imprisonment,
had a profound effect on me. Billy Davis should have received far more accolades, even an Oscar for his portrayal.

How the ending came about was simply pure dumb luck, but you'll have to watch the movie to see how that perfect moment happened.

A depressing movie, but one of my favorites of all time...............

Reactions: jme

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
With James Caan passing away today, I remember the "I love Brian Piccolo scene" (actor speaking as Gayle Sayers).

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I had to add one in Honor of James Caan today.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I always though this was one of the best put together scenes. The use of the baby carriage ramps up the tension in a different way.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The classic, original baby carriage scene during the Odessa Steps massacre in Sergei Eisenstein's masterpiece - "Battleship Potemkin" (1925)

Richard
also referenced in the trailer for Naked Gun 33-1/3

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Chase scene from The French Connection

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Before Fatal Attraction, there was Play Misty for Me, with Clint Eastwood and Jessica Walter (1971). I had a friend who was working in a neighborhood movie theater in south Minneapolis, and when I was home from college he would let me in take in a movie with him. I can't remember all the movies we saw together - but I do remember seeing Play Misty for Me, Let's Scare Jessica to Death, and The Andromeda Strain.

Play Misty for Me was also Eastwood's directorial debut. I'll take the liberty of putting up two clips from the movie.

The first, the restaurant scene, I want to put up just because I'm pretty sure I recognize the restaurant where it was shot. There are two piers in the Monterey Marina, and in the 1970s one of them was a tourist locale and the second was an actual working pier for the still-existing Monterey fishing fleets, (Tourism has now taken over that pier as well.) The restaurant was on the working pier; you descended down some stairs to get to it, and it served some well-priced, nourishing food. I remember my first meal there - it was the first time I had an open face crab sandwich, on sourdough bread. To this Minnesota-bred boy, it was pretty wonderful. The table I sat at must have been very close to the one in the scene.

The second clip is part of the ending psycho climax.

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Happy Trails, Hans - From Die Hard.

In filming this scene, when Alan Rickman is hanging in the air, holding onto Bonnie Bedalia's wrist, there was to be a three-count before the line supporting Alan Rickman would be released, dropping Rickman into a safety net. Director John McTiernan had the effects team release on a one-count instead, without telling Rickman, to catch a truly panicked reaction by Rickman.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Spinal Tap - These Go To 11

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
One of the best cinematic concluding schmaltz scenes of all time …

But schmaltzwise, still behind the conclusion of An Affair to Remember

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But schmaltzwise, still behind the conclusion of An Affair to Remember
But not nearly as schmaltzy as the scene from A Dirty Dozen as described in Sleepless in Seattle. :LOL:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Night of the Hunter is such an excellent movie. One of the most chilling movies I've scene. Robert Mitchum, as Harry Powell, might be the most evil person portrayed in cinema.

This is the wonderful scene near the end of the movie, in which the good, Lillian Gish takes, takes on the evil, Harry Powell. The juxtaposition, with both of them singing "Leaning on the Everlasting Arms", is masterful. The B&W cinematography throughout the movie is also excellent.

"It's a hard world for little things."

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The much parodied scene from Der Untergang (The Downfall), when Hitler, in a rant, realizes that the end is at hand. For other takes on this scene, Google "Hitler Parodies"

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
With Dick Van Dyke passing this week, this just became one of my favorite movie scenes. He was 92 at the time, and didn't need a stunt double.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
With Dick Van Dyke passing this week, this just became one of my favorite movie scenes. He was 92 at the time, and didn't need a stunt double.

Sorry, it appears that reports of his death were a hoax.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Sorry, it appears that reports of his death were a hoax.

I was just thinking, I didn't hear about that one. :thumbup: