• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Favorite Movie Scenes

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I recently received a 2-disc CD (via fund drive at the Seattle listener-supported classical music station) of John Williams conducting Berliner Philharmoniker in a selection of his movie scores. One piece was Marion's Theme, from Raiders of the Lost Ark. And that brought to mind the Nepal bar fight scene, one of my favorite scenes from that movie. (Marion's Theme wasn't used in that scene, however.) Marion was by far my favorite of all of the female leads in the IJ movies, and I enjoyed it when they brought Marion back in Crystal Skull, as well as the storyline of him having a son he didn't know about, who is carrying on in the same fashion.

Karen Allen and Harrison Ford had an on-screen chemistry that was lacking in the second and third movies. I would have liked to see them continue together in the sequels, sort of an archaeologic Nick and Nora. But apparently George Lucas wanted a different love interest in each story.

Anyway, here's a clip of the bar fight scene, as well as a link to Marion's Theme.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Just in case it wasn't already included.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Network (1976) - "I'm Mad as Hell and I'm not going to take it anymore". Peter Finch, playing newscaster Howard Beale.

It's uncanny how, nearly 50 years later, almost every word of his rant rings true today.
I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's worth, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV's while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.'

Last edited:

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck in Roman Holiday.

dmbrand

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
“Why are you being so nice to me?”……”Because you’re letting me.” The make up scene with Claire and Allison has remained with me, reminding me that one of the most caring/loving acts we women do for each other, is to make someone look and feel beautiful.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
From One Last Thing

"When you are born, you cry and the world is happy. When you die, the world cries and you are happy."

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Karen Allen and Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones 4. Two clips. I wanted a clip of the scene in the truck to go with the first, but the only one I could find was the entire chase sequence. But that sequence is also good in it's own right, so that one by itself is a twofer.

Thanks to whoever prevailed in production to bring Karen Allen back.

vikingsholm

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
This cut is not filled with memorable one-liners or a well known classic scene.

It's just an excerpt from an Italian movie that I enjoyed, about a famous Chilean poet.

The movie comes pretty close to being a form of poetry itself. Just putting it out there to recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harvey. I agree with Elwood and recommend pleasant.

Reactions: DrQ

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Robin Hood Men In Tights: The Night Is Young

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Gaslight (1944) - A Wife's Revenge

The key ending scene from the movie that gave us "gaslight" as a verb. In which Ingrid Bergman turns the table on Charles Boyer.

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Star Trek IV The Voyage Home (1986) Spock and Kirk Ride The Bus

I love the dialogue starting at 1:10 in the clip:
S: The use of language has altered since our arrival. It is currently laced with, shall I say, more colorful metaphors. “Double dumb-ass on you.”, and so forth.

K: You mean the profanity?

S: Yes,

K. That’s simply the way they talk here. Nobody pays any attention to you unless you swear every other word. You’ll find it in all of the literature of the period.

S: For example?

K; Well, the collected works of Jacqueline Susanne. The novels of Harold Robbins.

S: Ahh. The giants.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Bull Durham - What Crash Davis believes (crude language alert):