• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Favorite Movie Scenes

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Double Secret Probation:
That was insulting the United States of America. This is "Double Secret Probation" - the year we grab the bulls by the balls.

dmbrand

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman

Not sure if it is the music, or the content of the scene, but I drop everything to run in and watch the scene…over and over.

jrb916

TUG Member
Reaction score

Not sure if it is the music, or the content of the scene, but I drop everything to run in and watch the scene…over and over.
My of my favorite movies... this scene, the opening scene & the main battle when they leave the fort & are attacked are all great.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thomas Crown Affair - 1999 with Rene Russo and Pierce Brosnan. The moment when Crown realizes he has encountered a worthy adversary (sporting a spectacular updo).

dago

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thomas Crown Affair - 1999 with Rene Russo and Pierce Brosnan. The moment when Crown realizes he has encountered a worthy adversary (sporting a spectacular updo).

I like the 1968 version with Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway better. Huge McQueen fan. Not really a fan of Pierce Bronson. I guess I am just old.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I like the 1968 version with Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway better. Huge McQueen fan. Not really a fan of Pierce Bronson. I guess I am just old.
Both of them are good, but I prefer the 1999 version. I thought Rene Russo stole the movie. In the 1968 version, I always felt as if the relationship between McQueen and Dunaway was forced; it seemed more natural with Brosnan and Russo. The chess match in the 1968 version was the highlight of that movie.

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
Loved Thomas Crown Affair, but probably for the scenes not available to clip. lol.;)

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
This movie is nearly 70 years old. I never heard of Judy Holliday until this past weekend, watching It Should Happen to You on TCM. This was Jack Lemmon’s first movie as a leading man, and sadly, Judy passed away from cancer in 1965. I am going to hunt down her other movies….she is fabulous to watch.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Paris car chase - Bourne Identity. In my opinion, this scene is at the same caliber as the iconic Bullitt car chase (Post #1). Like Bullitt, a combination of tautness and tension, with marvelous usage of a city as the backdrop for the chase. Having Marie in the car with Jason is an excellent touch, as Franka Potente (as Marie) provides a nice foil and contrast with Jason's stern concentration as he's driving.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
A note of thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. The posts have rekindled old memories, reminded me of movies I wanted to see but didn't, added perspective on other memories, and inspired me to see movies I didn't know about before. Most importantly, it helped me "get to know" some of you a bit more as you have shared what you like.

All of that is wonderful, and is what we desperately need more of in our world right now.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
A note of thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. The posts have rekindled old memories, reminded me of movies I wanted to see but didn't, added perspective on other memories, and inspired me to see movies I didn't know about before. Most importantly, it helped me "get to know" some of you a bit more as you have shared what you like.

All of that is wonderful, and is what we desperately need more of in our world right now.

No scenes clips, so I have to use the trailer. My memorial day/start of summer movie. . .

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Thanks for starting this thread and for the one/day rule. It's kept me thinking of the many movies I have enjoyed over the years. Here's another oldie.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Shawshank Redemption - the Escape

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Restaurant scene - first date. From The Shop Around the Corner.

You've Got Mail (with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks) was a remake of The Shop Around the Corner. Nora Ephron paid homage by naming Meg Ryan's Bookstore "The Shop Around the Corner". This is clip the restaurant meeting scene with Jimmy Stewart and Margaret Sullavan, which is nicely reprised in You've Got Mail.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Las Vegas
Wyndham Sedona
Wyndham Kona
I used to watch this film as a kid, when it aired on the Disney Channel, in the 80's. Twenty years later, working in a video store, a man asked me if we carried it, and if I had ever seen it. Turns out, it was Bruce Dern. He was in town, filming a Hallmark western. Unlike the villains he plays, he's a very friendly and inquisitive guy.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
I used to watch this film as a kid, when it aired on the Disney Channel, in the 80's. Twenty years later, working in a video store, a man asked me if we carried it, and if I had ever seen it. Turns out, it was Bruce Dern. He was in town, filming a Hallmark western. Unlike the villains he plays, he's a very friendly and inquisitive guy.
They would show this at college during finals week with this as the beginning short: