• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Favorite Kailua-Kona Timeshare with RCI/TPI/HTSE?

JulieAB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
We're thinking of going back to Big Island, but want to stay near town. We didn't like Waikoloa at all. Easy walking to a beach/snorkel spot is a huge plus (doesn't need to be spectacular). I'm having a hard time figuring that out from a map of the timeshares. Second choice would be something with ocean views.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We like the Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort. We would walk into town every morning for coffee from there. But to the beach, restaurants, etc., we would drive. I can't think of any timeshares directly in town and there is really only one beach for snorkeling in Kona. The better beaches are north (Hapuna and the beach at the Mauna Kea) or south.

Kona Reef is in town, but I'm really not sure who they trade through. We stayed there in a rental a few years ago.

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
Well, I suppose south of Kona would be just fine too, we liked the green and old hawaii feel that area had much better than north of Kona.

cowboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kona Coast 11 is close to a great snorkel Beach and a/c is available. It is about 1/2 mile from the best snorkeling area on the Island. There are two sections to Kona Coast Resort and KC 11 is the only one with a/c which is about $11 or $12 a day extra.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Kona Coast 11 is close to a great snorkel Beach and a/c is available. It is about 1/2 mile from the best snorkeling area on the Island. There are two sections to Kona Coast Resort and KC 11 is the only one with a/c which is about $11 or $12 a day extra.
Kona Coast is a nice resort. But it's not really walking close to Kona. It's not even walking distance to the beach as it is up on a cliff.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Well, I suppose south of Kona would be just fine too, we liked the green and old hawaii feel that area had much better than north of Kona.
We like both Kona and the Waikoloa resort area, for different reasons. A perfect stay, for us, on the Big Island was a week in Kona and a week in Waikoloa with a couple of nights in Volcano Village.

Kngarner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, royal sands, royal Hacienda, Kona Hawaii resort, Kaua’i Beach villas
Aloha: Luv the feel of the Kona Hawaiian Resort. The customer service is great the grounds are spectacular to walk and look at the varieties of flowers. This has been our home away from home for the past 18 years and cant wait for the next trip.
Does anyone have info on the next BOD meeting and who to contact.
Mahalo