• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Favorite Interval Orlando exchanges for Disneyworld?

amsunshine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Park Regency
Hello all: We are planning a Disneyworld vacation possibly for Thanksgiving week, 2023, and I'm gathering info about the resorts to request. Of course, all the Disney affiliated resorts look amazing on II, but I'm guessing those are difficult to impossible to exchange into (especially for a holiday week). Any suggestions for favorite resorts which are close and convenient for visiting the park? I've taken an initial perusal through the II offerings, but it's overwhelming. So much bigger and spread out than Disneyland, where I'm more familiar with the lay of the land. Thank you!

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
The three Marriotts across I-4 from the WDW complex would be my first choice - Sabal Palms, Imperial Palms, and Royal Palms. We've stayed at both the Imperial and Royal Palms and would return anytime we had the chance. All three are part of the Marriott World Center complex and (I believe, if it hasn't changed) therefore have access to all of the amenities there, including the newly-renovated pool complex at the hotel. The commute to WDW parks is quick and easy - up and over I-4 and you're on Epcot Drive. There are several other Marriott TSs in Orlando, but those are the most convenient to the parks. I honestly don't know which other TSs in Orlando trade in II but I'm sure you'll hear soon about the other options.

amsunshine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Park Regency
Perfect! Thanks so much! I will put these all on our list. They all seem to have availability around this Thanksgiving, so hopefully that will also be the case for next year.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I’m not sure if Orange Lake is an II Resort? It’s in RCI.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Mystic Dunes and Sheraton Vistana are our favorites and both are in II.

Sheila

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
definitely Marriotts. Also Grand Vista, Harbour Lake, and Cypress Palms, all near SW. Easy drive to WDW, esp Disney Spings via Palm Pkwy. There's another one Lakeshore Reserve (?). It is rarer in II and not as close to WDW, but viewed as the nicest. GV,HL and CP are all very nice. I'd put the 3 Palms a step down (due to age and lack of great pool right at complex). You can go over to Marriott--but you'd have to drive or it's hike. The Palms are still quite nice and the interiors are large and nicely furnished as well-note at Royal, the 2nd BR is very small. We prefer any Marriott over Vistana--but that's just our personal taste.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
definitely Marriotts. Also Grand Vista, Harbour Lake, and Cypress Palms, all near SW. Easy drive to WDW, esp Disney Spings via Palm Pkwy. There's another one Lakeshore Reserve (?). It is rarer in II and not as close to WDW, but viewed as the nicest. GV,HL and CP are all very nice. I'd put the 3 Palms a step down (due to age and lack of great pool right at complex). You can go over to Marriott--but you'd have to drive or it's hike. The Palms are still quite nice and the interiors are large and nicely furnished as well-note at Royal, the 2nd BR is very small. We prefer any Marriott over Vistana--but that's just our personal taste.
Just for clarification, I think you mean Cypress Harbour, not Cypress Palms. Cypress Palms is a Wyndham property in Kissimmee.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Yes. Cypress harbour.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Grande Vista or Sheraton Vistana Resort. There are so many excellent timeshare resorts in the Orlando area.

gradyfamily

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVCHarbour Lake Legacy Gold
Hello all: We are planning a Disneyworld vacation possibly for Thanksgiving week, 2023, and I'm gathering info about the resorts to request. Of course, all the Disney affiliated resorts look amazing on II, but I'm guessing those are difficult to impossible to exchange into (especially for a holiday week). Any suggestions for favorite resorts which are close and convenient for visiting the park? I've taken an initial perusal through the II offerings, but it's overwhelming. So much bigger and spread out than Disneyland, where I'm more familiar with the lay of the land. Thank you!
Our Marriott Harbour Lake is a fantastic option!! It is close, has shuttles and is an awesome resort for kids (many activities, great restaurants and bars etc). Wanna rent next year instead of trade? Thats our season!!

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our Marriott Harbour Lake is a fantastic option!! It is close, has shuttles and is an awesome resort for kids (many activities, great restaurants and bars etc). Wanna rent next year instead of trade? Thats our season!!

I'm also a fan of HarborLake for fold with kids. But, shuttles.....when did that start???

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I'm also a fan of HarborLake for fold with kids. But, shuttles.....when did that start???
There are no shuttles at Harbour Lake. I am not sure what @gradyfamily family is referring to there.

2rebecca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've stayed at the following:
Marriott's: Harbour Lake (MHZ), Imperial Palms (MIP), Grande Vista (MGV)
Sheraton Vistana Resort (VIT)
Westgate Vacation Villas (WGV)

While I would return to any of them again, my preference would be the Marriott's in the order listed. Since your plans are centered around Disney, I might swap Imperial in front of Harbour Lake. This would depend on how big a room you need. The Sheraton could be slipped in before or after Grande Vista. I'd pick based on the number of bedrooms needed and the age of children joining you. Younger children might like Harbour Lake better and teenagers will probably like MIP or MGV better. You really can't go wrong with any of them. The Westgate room was huge, but dated when I stayed there. I could easily get past the 80's decor since it was clean & comfy, but it would definitely be my last pick if the Marriott or Sheraton were available.

We just returned from Imperial Palms. We didn't visit the hotel amenities, but we were told we had access to their pool but NOT the new water park & lazy river. Also, when I stayed at Harbour Lake I don't recall there being a shuttle, but the drive to Disney, Universal, and Sea World were all easy drives.

diford23

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are Disney fans who have stayed “0n property” often…until we stayed at the Vistana, Springs section. ITS A quick ride to Disney Springs, or the parks. I often Uber, easier. You don’t pay for park parking ,and are dropped close to the entrance. At Vistana there is a small market, Publics larger market close by. Have fun, good luck.

amsunshine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Park Regency
Thanks for all the additional great feedback! We don't have young children if that makes a difference. Our daughter goes to college in Florida and we thought it would be fun to take her and a friend to Orlando for Thanksgiving break. We are leaning toward Marriott Grande Vista, given all the accolades for the other resorts related to families with kids. Would you say this a more adult oriented resort? Or at least not solely focused on young kids? It looks amazing.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Thanks for all the additional great feedback! We don't have young children if that makes a difference. Our daughter goes to college in Florida and we thought it would be fun to take her and a friend to Orlando for Thanksgiving break. We are leaning toward Marriott Grande Vista, given all the accolades for the other resorts related to families with kids. Would you say this a more adult oriented resort? Or at least not solely focused on young kids? It looks amazing.
I stayed at Lakeshore Reserve that week last year and my coworkers were at Grande Vista. The pools at Grande Vista weren't as heated as Lakeshore Reserve. They were too cold for me (a Floridian) to swim in when it was in the 70s outside. The Lakeshore pool was heated to 86 degrees. IDK if you're planning on swimming at all, but the pool there is much better. It's comparable to the Beach Club pool IMO.

Inhislove

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Catalina Beach Club
Royal and Imperial Palms are closer to the front of the Marriott World Center complex - love all the palms and Sheraton Vistana for Disney.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Imperial Palms this past Thanksgiving...it has one of the better kitchens that made prepping the Thanksgiving meal in a timeshare a true joy. :)

rnsnake

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
World Mark, Iron Blossam
Marriott Cypress Harbour is our favorite so far. We will be there in 2 more weeks.

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott Cypress Harbour is our favorite so far. We will be there in 2 more weeks.
This is also my favorite resort. We’ve stayed thanksgiving week several times here, tons of activities. Harbour lake is smaller. Grande vista is also nice, especially if you snag a 3 bedroom p-it’s HUGE. We’ve stayed at all the Palms as well-and while like the proximity to Disney the rooms are sometimes laid out weird-really dislike block wall in bathroom at Sabal as there is no way to block light from outside (we like dark to sleep lol).