• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fares to Maui in December $778/RT, when will they go lower?

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I was recently pricing SFO-OGG flights on UA (non-stop). $778 per person, and I need 4. I can't use the Entertainment Book $75 off coupons because our return is on black-out day. Any idea when/if these will go lower? That is so expensive! I have these travel vouchers I have to ticket by 3/24 or lose $600 worth of credits. If I had known that the tickets were so high, I should have used my FF miles instead! I need to fly UA to use the vouchers, otherwise I'd consider Aloha or Hawaiian instead. Maybe in 2007...

calgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Denise, You can aggregate the United vouchers to buy one ticket for one member of your family, then try using miles for the others. Or keep a watch for price drops on the other 3 tickets, especially in the middle of the night. Once you are all ticketed one way or another, have United link your reservations so that you all sit together.
Or check if flights to Honolulu on United are much cheaper. If so, fly there and hop to Maui using Aloha or Hawaiian miles.

debraxh

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I was offered UA vouchers, you could not combine them to purchase a single ticket, but it could have been the specific type I was offered (I decided to pay change fee and take cash instead). So, be sure to check with UA to see if that's an option.

If you're traveling over the holidays, net fare (after vouchers) of ~$650pp is not that bad for United. What's the rate on other airlines? I prefer Aloha out of OAK anyway and have been able to get direct flights for ~$330 pp for spring break.

Of course sales can be offered any time, but I've had the most luck around 4 months prior to travel, but no experience with holidays.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
debraxh, you are lucky. I have never got airfares to Hawaii below $500. Then again, we always travel during peak season, i.e. President's week, July 4th, X-mas.

Denise, I'll grab it if it's around $600, but will wait if it's over $700.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Okay, I'll wait!

Thanks! I know that we have to use the vouchers per person in each person's name, so I can't combine them for one fare.

I'll keep checking every week. If it goes down a bit, I'll grab them. Thanks again!

debraxh

TUG Member
Reaction score
LisaH said:
debraxh, you are lucky. I have never got airfares to Hawaii below $500. Then again, we always travel during peak season, i.e. President's week, July 4th, X-mas.
I agree - we go to Kona every other year during my DD's spring break in mid-April, and I've been lucky to catch sales in late Nov-early Dec. I see the current specials are $181+tax OW, so not as low as I've had before, but not too bad either!