• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

"Fall for Massanutten" promotion on RCI Weeks

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
I have a Fall for Massanutten Bonus Week in my RCI account. (I don't own at Massanutten...not quite sure what's up!) Anyhow, check your accounts if you are someone who would travel there before the end of November. For the exchange fee, you'd have a week, and there are some nice ones. Happy Looking!

DianneL

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also have them in my account. Have been there and don’t think I’ll book one, but nice for those that can use a week.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
I also have them in my account. Have been there and don’t think I’ll book one, but nice for those that can use a week.
There were some for the last week of August. School doesn't start in Maine until after Labor Day, but I have teacher days the week prior. Sigh. Otherwise, I'd have that car headed south! ;)

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
There were some for the last week of August. School doesn't start in Maine until after Labor Day, but I have teacher days the week prior. Sigh. Otherwise, I'd have that car headed south! ;)

Don't know how the inventory compares, but if you have RCI platinum, this saves you about $50 versus getting a Massanutten week as "Last Call." It saves you about $80.00 if you don't have RCI platinum.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
We went there once and enjoyed the area, but there were hefty fees tacked on by the resort. Probably wouldn't return for that reason. I've been deleting the emails from RCI with the resort name in the subject.

Sheila

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Resort fees are $98 per week for a 2BR at Massanutten if you are not an owner there. I believe the fee is $59 per week for owner.

Rob562

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since taking over my parents' timeshare last year, I've seen a few of these weeks pop into the account now and then. We currently have the "Fall for Massanutten" as well as a "Resort Certificate 2-180 Days" that appears to be able to be used in additional places other than Massanutten.

Are these truly "free" weeks to use for an exchange? Where are they coming from? Did my Dad inadvertently sign themselves up for something? Any catches to be aware of?

-Rob

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Since taking over my parents' timeshare last year, I've seen a few of these weeks pop into the account now and then. We currently have the "Fall for Massanutten" as well as a "Resort Certificate 2-180 Days" that appears to be able to be used in additional places other than Massanutten.

Are these truly "free" weeks to use for an exchange? Where are they coming from? Did my Dad inadvertently sign themselves up for something? Any catches to be aware of?

-Rob
No deposit is required but a regular exchange fee of $249 for RCI and then if a resort fee is applicable payable at the resort.

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh my word! I assumed that was some kind of glitch in my account! Now I need to go back and take another look.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I have a Fall for Massanutten Bonus Week in my RCI account. (I don't own at Massanutten...not quite sure what's up!) Anyhow, check your accounts if you are someone who would travel there before the end of November. For the exchange fee, you'd have a week, and there are some nice ones. Happy Looking!
I got one too, this is a promotion for those of us who don’t own VV or Massanutten . There are daily fees of $7.00 for each bedroom you have. Cannot be used as an upgrade for a confirmed exchange. I’ll pass, they say no presentation required but we have heard that before. If anyone goes let us know how you like it.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
We have one too, but having been there last October and filled this year’s travel calendar with other destinations, we won’t be taking advantage of it either.

Misslady

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got one too, this is a promotion for those of us who don’t own VV or Massanutten . There are daily fees of $7.00 for each bedroom you have. Cannot be used as an upgrade for a confirmed exchange. I’ll pass, they say no presentation required but we have heard that before. If anyone goes let us know how you like it.
I’m currently at Massanutten on that promotion. The presentation is optional. After you check in you are sent to the welcome station for a parking pass and ask if you can view a property and give feedback. They will offer water park tickets, resort credit or a visa gift card for doing so. If you decline and get your parking pass they will call your room The next day. Other than that there is no catch. The resort it’s beautiful and offer a lot of activities but you will pay a fee for most of them. You also pay a resort fee of $7.00 per bedroom per night.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
After you check in you are sent to the welcome station for a parking pass and ask if you can view a property and give feedback. They will offer water park tickets, resort credit or a visa gift card for doing so. If you decline and get your parking pass they will call your room The next day. Other than that there is no catch. The resort it’s beautiful and offer a lot of activities but you will pay a fee for most of them. You also pay a resort fee of $7.00 per bedroom per night.

That sounds like a typical Massanutten stay/process to me.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I’m currently at Massanutten on that promotion. The presentation is optional. After you check in you are sent to the welcome station for a parking pass and ask if you can view a property and give feedback. They will offer water park tickets, resort credit or a visa gift card for doing so. If you decline and get your parking pass they will call your room The next day. Other than that there is no catch. The resort it’s beautiful and offer a lot of activities but you will pay a fee for most of them. You also pay a resort fee of $7.00 per bedroom per night.
What do you think about the place so far?

Misslady

TUG Member
Reaction score
What do you think about the place so far?
I‘m with my 16 year old son and we both love it here. Loved it so much after 20+ years of vacationing I broke own and bought the timeshare. Thanks to tugbbs I rescinded the sale and now looking for resale. You definitely need a car in order to enjoy the place. Usually my kids would walk around the resort to participate in activities but that’s not an options here and that’s one of the drawbacks. Also they do not provide pool towels, you have to use the ones in your condo and keep washing them. Other than that I have no complaints. We will definitely come back on the yearly basis after I purchase resale.

Misslady

TUG Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a typical Massanutten stay/process to me.

Yep. This is my first time here and from what I gather from the regulars, prices and resort fees have increase a bit.