• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fairways of the Mountain (Lake Lure, NC) - 2 Bdrm Lock-Off

cory30

TUG Member
Reaction score
Two bedroom lockout at Fairways of the Mountains at Lake Lure, NC. This is an annual use, fixed week 26 reservation that often includes July 4th.

This unit can be deposited in both RCI and II. I have exclusively used II with this ownership and have been provided a bonus week for each deposit (two one bedrooms equals two regular deposits and two bonus weeks to use).

New Owner can begin first usage in 2022 (check-in is Sunday, June 26th). I will cover any closing costs/transfer fees so there will be no out of pocket expenses to the new owner. Maintenance fees are due in January of each year and the fees for 2021 were $920.

Fairways of the Mountains, located in Lake Lure, NC in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina, offer countless resort and outdoor activities. In addition to 36 holes of golf and tennis, vacationers can enjoy water activities on beautiful Lake Lure or Bald Mountain Lake right at the resort. Nearby attractions include Biltmore House in Asheville, NC, Carl Sandburg home in Flat Rock, NC and Chimney Rock - one of nature's great attractions.

Please PM if interested.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Wow!
This is such a great ownership.
Back in the day I owned a few of these.
Great II trader and always got an accommodation certificate with deposit of both sides.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Is this a VRI resort? If it is, we were placed there one time when we had a Wyndham (or predecessor to Wyndham) reservation.

cory30

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still available. This is in a great location if you enjoy the Blue Ridge/Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina. It has also been a strong, low cost trader for me over the years given the lock-off option. When not using, my strategy has been to deposit both halves of the unit with II as two one-bedrooms (II then has provided an accommodation certificate for each deposit). With these I have primarily traded into places like Hilton Head (Marriott's Surfwatch, Grande Ocean, and Barony multiple times - primarily in shoulder seasons of March/April and late September/October) as it is one of our favorite places and times of year to visit.

flnewbie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smoketree Lodge, Banner Elk NC, Cranberry Gold Resort, Ontario, Canada Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Williamsburg
Two bedroom lockout at Fairways of the Mountains at Lake Lure, NC. This is an annual use, fixed week 26 reservation that often includes July 4th.

This unit can be deposited in both RCI and II. I have exclusively used II with this ownership and have been provided a bonus week for each deposit (two one bedrooms equals two regular deposits and two bonus weeks to use).

New Owner can begin first usage in 2022 (check-in is Sunday, June 26th). I will cover any closing costs/transfer fees so there will be no out of pocket expenses to the new owner. Maintenance fees are due in January of each year and the fees for 2021 were $920.

Fairways of the Mountains, located in Lake Lure, NC in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina, offer countless resort and outdoor activities. In addition to 36 holes of golf and tennis, vacationers can enjoy water activities on beautiful Lake Lure or Bald Mountain Lake right at the resort. Nearby attractions include Biltmore House in Asheville, NC, Carl Sandburg home in Flat Rock, NC and Chimney Rock - one of nature's great attractions.

Please PM if interested.
Sent you a PM

Rita584

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Inn season

Please PM if interested.
Are there any points with this? I use mine to exchange in RCI

cory30

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there any points with this? I use mine to exchange in RCI
This ownership is not part of the RCI points program. The fixed week can be deposited into RCI weeks (or the unit can be locked off and one or both units deposited separately into RCI).

troy12n

Reaction score
I know it looks like you have this one sold, but I was curious as to whether or not your unit had any rights to use facilities at Rumbling Bald, I have stayed at this resort using Wyndham ownership before, and when doing so, we had rights to use the facilities at Rumbling Bald. I was not sure if this ownership would allow this or not. I know these units are fairly close to the Wyndham ones at Lake Lure, but on the golf course, vs up on the hill in the woods.

I've been on the lookout for one of these, almost bought a Fox Run one.