• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fairway Villas no longer as a Spa

Kilby5924

TUG Member
Reaction score
Elizabeth Arden has relocated from Fairway and that portion of building is now closed. So no longer the sauna and steam and plunge pool are available. The GM stated that they close as of Nov 3. No warning was given to us about this change and apparently they knew back in summer that Arden had terminated there lease. Additionally you can no longer charged services at hotel back to your room which one of the things they promised wouldn’t change when it was no longer under Marriott management. Very lackluster stay.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mynd Spa & Salon at Seaview, in Galloway NJ formerly The Red Door, Elizabeth Arden has relocated from (Marriott) Fairway Villas to (Harrahs) Mynd Spa, Atlantic City, New Jersery.

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
This is discouraging news. As I've mentioned, here on TUG, in the past, I spoke with the GM at Fairway and he told me it is the #1 resort for owners walking away from their ownership. Our MF's have been rising at a steep pace. The points allocations are so small, I wonder if this resort is just going down for the count. I'm only using it for points these days, so may need to bail as well.

mpizza

TUG Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed the spa and its facilities - especially the private sauna and hot tub during the winter months and the quiet women's outdoor sun patio during the summer months. It was a welcome respite and convenient on-site amenity that Owners paid $40 per week in their maintenance fee to access. I wonder if we'll get a refund on 2020 maintenance fees?

In addition, I am troubled about the lack of communication from the resort. It is normal practice when a commercial lease is coming-up for expiration, that an owner will market the space and line-up tenants a year or more before the current lease expires. Even then, there is still some down-time for the new tenant to remodel, etc. It is very concerning that a large space at the resort is vacant as Owners may need to cover the loss of rental income from the spa. And loss of unit rental income if units go unused because of no spa facilities (there was a big rental market for bachelorette and wedding parties).

When I inquired with resort management about future plans for the space - are they trying to find another spa operator to lease or will they re-purpose the space? The resort claims that the GM has no knowledge or control over what is happening with the space and directed me to Customer Advocacy Manager in corporate. I am still waiting for a response.

Maria

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
When I inquired with resort management about future plans for the space - are they trying to find another spa operator to lease or will they re-purpose the space? The resort claims that the GM has no knowledge or control over what is happening with the space and directed me to Customer Advocacy Manager in corporate. I am still waiting for a response.

Maria

It will be interesting to see what response you receive. Per the budget letters,
  • 2019 MF: "The spa is owned by Marriott Ownership Resorts, Inc., but leased and operated by Elizabeth Arden Resort Spas, Inc."
  • 2020 MF: "The spa is owned by Marriott Ownership Resorts, Inc."
I doubt we will receive any refund, since they are still providing access to some of the facility amenities. We, the owners association, don't own it, so they can manage it however they would like.
I think it will be pretty difficult for them to rent out to another spa, unless it is a local spa, with a good customer base, that wants a new location with the hopes they will get more customers during from MVC guests.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Probably turn the space over to the Sales Staff.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
MARRIOTT'S FAIRWAY VILLAS
(2-bedroom villas near Atlantic City NJ)

500 East Fairway Lane,
Absecon, New Jersey,08205

Main: 609-748-4700
Fax: 609-748-4314

Marriott Vacation Club Resort

mpizza

TUG Member
Reaction score
The response:

“We do not have any plans at this moment for this area however, once we do have more information, we will inform all Marriott Fairway Villa Owners.”

It appears the space will be vacant for the foreseeable future. The least MVC should be doing is dedicating resources to research and develop a plan for the best use of the space.

Maria

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Several years back The European Spa at Barony Beach Club closed. It was about a year later that the Namaste Spa opened in the same space after renovations, and owners were not kept in the loop during the interim about finding a replacement.

Hopefully Fairway Villas will find another tenant for the space there.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have visited this resort years ago. It was nice, golf course onsite, restaurant onsite, and spa; Atlantic City near by(but was going down); but and but and that was the problem. The villa were very large and the resort was very well maintained. However, we had no desire to return, just was not our vacation travel destination for future timeshare travel or vacations.

Davey54321

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are weeks owners there, but generally cash in for DC points these days as our usage in general has changed. That said, we do and have spent weekends there on points (as recent as December 2019) since we are within driving distance. I would encourage all owners who are concerned about the Spa closeure (as we are) to send emails to the new GM to request periodic updates as to what they are doing and/or planning to do with the former Red Door Spa space. I plan to do so and I am tempted to cc Stephen Weisz, CEO of Vacation Club.

The GM for MFV is Yari Vasylyk (yari.vasylyk@vacationclub.com) I hope its ok to post this here!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
We are weeks owners there, but generally cash in for DC points these days as our usage in general has changed. That said, we do and have spent weekends there on points (as recent as December 2019) since we are within driving distance. I would encourage all owners who are concerned about the Spa closeure (as we are) to send emails to the new GM to request periodic updates as to what they are doing and/or planning to do with the former Red Door Spa space. I plan to do so and I am tempted to cc Stephen Weisz, CEO of Vacation Club.

The GM for MFV is Yari Vasylyk (yari.vasylyk@vacationclub.com) I hope its ok to post this here!
They will most likely replace it with another spa. It’s usually leased space. You could have another spa come in like Mandara Spa.

Davey54321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes they probably will replace it with another Spa but this can drag on and owners might want this done sooner rather than later ...and as owners we should be updated as to the plans. It doesnt hurt to send emails and request updates.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does the Spa space belong to Marriott, and they need to rent it to produce income for Marriott, OR does the space belong to the Fairway Villas Association?

If it belongs to the Association then I would think they would want to rent it as quickly as possible because all the Fairway Villa owners will have to pay higher maintenance fees to cover for the lack of rental income.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Does the Spa space belong to Marriott, and they need to rent it to produce income for Marriott, OR does the space belong to the Fairway Villas Association?

If it belongs to the Association then I would think they would want to rent it as quickly as possible because all the Fairway Villa owners will have to pay higher maintenance fees to cover for the lack of rental income.

Base on prior posts, it seems that the space is owned by Marriott Ownership Resorts, Inc, any loss on rent would be their loss.

BostonKingB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NONE! Looking for a good trader to purchase.
I'd been looking at this property for a potential future visit... preferably during late April or early/mid May. Boston briefly had direct flights to the Atlantic City airport on Spirit which made this a cheap destination but they've since been discontinued.

tynian16

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know its currently the middle of winter, but does anyone know if this will impact the outdoor 16+ pool? Will that stay open?