• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fairplus RCI deposits in limbo?

bbarn818

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I deposited 77000 of my FF points on line on October 5th. I requested a visible deposit be made so I would be able to search online. A week later the 77000 points were deducted from my FF account but the deposit has yet to appear in my RCI account. I have made several phone calls to FF and RCI and continue to get the run around. Is anyone else having this problem? I've done this before several times and have recieved nice exchanges for as few as 28000 points. Are these days over. Anyones help would be appreciated.:(

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may still get a good exchange through generic (invisible) exchange, but you probably will not get blue stdio visible deposit that easier. Since they change the procedure on how to get the visible deposit and generic deposit, they have a lot of trouble on handling that part of request. I think they don't have enough train or planning how to make a change like this. You should try to call them and press 3 (owner relationship) and ask them to look into it.

Good luck

Jya-Ning

fsu

Reaction score
I hope this is just a glitch. I just bought a FF resale and am waiting for the sale to through. I was definatly going to make deposits of both online and offline in the 28k or more this was a major factor in my decision to purchase FF.

urple2

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just had the same problem yesterday, and also got the run around because some of these people aren't trained. I made 2 invisible deposits and the points were taken out...

Three phone calls later I got it straightened out. The Fairfield VC can simply call the RCI Fairfield VC to verify you didnt get your deposit and they can simply back date your request and re-submit. Within 5 minutes they were in the acct.

It took a knowledgable VC to understand how deposits into RCI are done.

Whether Generic or Visible, I'm under the impression you would do better with a 70k deposit rather than the 2 bedroom white deposits.

Last edited:

urple2

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
one other point. If you used the on-line form. That form is now for generic deposits only. You can still view on the RCI website if that generic is in your acct.