• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fairmont Hot springs resorts

Jameson18

TUG Member
Reaction score
Planning for 2006 Sept/Oct timeframe. Any recommendations on which resort to stay in the Fairmont Hot Springs area. The websites show little info apart from the fact it wil take three hours drive from Calgary airoport.
Hoping for a quiet restful week in the mountains, one or two bdroom will do. :cool:

Aussie girl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at Fairmont. You have a choice of Hillside, Riverside, Riverview(new) and Mountainside. We like Hillside, Riverside Mountainside in that order we haven't stayed at Riverview.

I would not do a trade for that time of year, you should be able to pick up a Getaway for around $ 279US for the week. Hillside have a beautiful view of the valley and are lovely big units. Riverside are very nice but getting a bit dated and are right on the golf course with lovely views, close to the rec centre etc. Mountainside are the original timeshares, they are cedar, so more rustic, the two bedrooms sleep 6 and have the master bedroom up stairs. They feel more like a cabin in the woods. They are also very nice but have no lock off. At Hillside the lock off side is very comfortable for four people the Riverside lock off sleeps four but really is quiet small.

Hope this helps.

Donna

Victoria

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have just returned from a week at Marble Canyon - a very unique unit. It was very restful. We were at Mountainside the year before, and that is also a beautiful setting. That area in the fall is beautiful with the autumn colours - you should be quite relaxed after a week between the Purcells and the Rockies.

Garry

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Although Mountainside is the oldest and Riverside is next, both have been very well maintained and, along with Hillside, would all make excellent exchanges. Mountainside units are located along the original golf course and are in the treed area. The location is the primary attraction on Mountainside - the setting and the walks are beautiful. Hillside and Riverside have great views but there is a lot of asphalt around the units - not much shade and the walks aren't too pretty.
Mountainside units are definitely plainer whereas Hillside and Riverside are more glass and brass - much fancier than Mountainside. They all have their attractions but I would pick Mountainside first, then Hillside, then Riverside. We've stayed in them all.
Fall getaways always seem to be available. I'd recommend you go in September, if you can. The weather seems to be more consistent then, based on the past few years in any case.

Jameson18

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanx all; Great info. By the way, is there any faster routes to this area. At this time, the only option I see is a 3 hour drive from Calgary airport....anything closer??

Garry

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The quickest route is Highway 1 through Banff towards Lake Louise, then take 93/95 over to Radium, turn left at the 4 way stop and it's about one-half hour south to Fairmont. The drive across to Radium is quite spectacular - it'll take you 3 hours, unfortunately. You could consider flying in to Cranbrook; it's about 1.5 hours to Fairmont from there.

Aussie girl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with Garry, the drive is spectacular, especially from the Castle junction turnoff to radium. Late September early October is my favorite time. It will be a highlight of your trip.

Donna

eal

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marble Canyon

My son and 11 of his closest friends are spending a week at Marble Canyon (4 br, sleeps 12, complete with billiards room) in January. I will post his review. We got it via RCI within the 45-day window.

JRS

TUG Member
Reaction score
To Eall

Just wondered what kind of price range ? Also, what week will they be there ? As it turns out, looks like I'll be there in 2 weeks.

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just made reservations through II for Fairmont Mountainside in early July. I'm excited. I am thinking fly into Seattle on Southwest and spend a couple nights, then Vancouver and Victoria and drive to the Fairmont area. How long a drive would that be?
Thanks,
Liz

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
From Vancouver a long day - mapquest puts it at about 10 hours and that's the most direct route. I wouldn't try to do it from Victoria in a day as the ferry will add an extra few hours. You wouldn't much time to sightsee if you plan it as a one-day drive.

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Liz, the amount of time for the drive will be totally dependant upon your driving habits on the trip. It can easily be 10 hours (minimal stops, comfortable driving in mountains, taking fastest route) or 3 days (stopping for scenery, taking most scenic routes) or anything in between.

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I think we would need to do an overnight. I don't think either of us are up for a 10 hour drive. What would be a half-way point to spend the night between Vancouver and Fairmont Hot Springs?
Liz

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anything past Kamloops would be close to halfway. I personally wouldn't stay in Kamloops but would move on to the Sicamous area or past halfway but a spectacular setting is 3 Valley Gap.

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into a multi-city airfare, I think it will save us time and probably not cost that much more as we don't need a car in Vancouver and won't be using as much gas either. Fly to Seattle, then Vancouver, then Calgary and then home to Ontario. Alaska says the price for two of us is $1500, which doesn't seem that bad (that was without the Seattle addition).
Liz

MoeDan2727

TUG Member
Reaction score
The quickest route is Highway 1 through Banff towards Lake Louise, then take 93/95 over to Radium, turn left at the 4 way stop and it's about one-half hour south to Fairmont. The drive across to Radium is quite spectacular - it'll take you 3 hours, unfortunately. You could consider flying in to Cranbrook; it's about 1.5 hours to Fairmont from there.

A must stop on the trip is the Continetal Divide on the pass to Radium. Stop for a pee which will flow either east or west. :)

Dan

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I just made reservations through II for Fairmont Mountainside in early July. I'm excited. I am thinking fly into Seattle on Southwest and spend a couple nights, then Vancouver and Victoria and drive to the Fairmont area. How long a drive would that be?
Thanks,
Liz

Another alternative that I have taken is to fly over to Spokane WA from Seattle and then drive up to Fairmont from Spokane which is about a 5 hour drive. I am not saying it is the best way but it is another alternative. I did a big loop from Spokane to the Windermere Valley ( Fairmont area ) - Banff - Lake Louise - Golden - Revelstoke - Okanagan Valley - Spokane.