• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fairfield Points value @ Royal Vista

bpor3248

Reaction score
I am interested in purchasing points at the Fairfield Royal Vista in Pompano Beach, FL. Can anyone tell me what a reasonable price per point would be for a red week?

BPO

mshatty

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You should be able to purchase resale points for $20 to $30 per 1,000 points including closing costs. Sources to purchase FF points are ebay and well known re-sellers known to FF owners.

I don't want to violate any posting rules but I can give you some names if you want to send me a private message.

jrv331

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just in case you dont know, you also pay property taxes on Florida properties.
John

KenK

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
.017 to .019 cents per point. The reason the point cost is so low is that the maintance fees and taxes are very high in the S Florida area.

Just remember, a point is a point (if resale bought) and you might find some resorts with a bit higher point price (not above .03 cents) with maint costs and taxes less.

Check above to see how many points you need to stay in a 2 bed 2 bath in very high season at Royal Vista.

IMO...if I were planning to stay much of the time in the Royal Vista, I would try to find a 2 bed 2 bath L/O non points converted bright red week.

It is said to be a strong trader via II, and if locked out, and with an AC, it could bring you 3 weeks in the II system. (The AC is not guaranteed, and there will be a charge for it, if you want to use it.)

As long as there is no financial gain by the tug poster, you are allowed to make suggestions to sales reps. This is, of course, an attempt to keep the TUG BBS unbiased as possible.

One long time tug member. Angle Bittle English (a Realtor) might have some info....but I usually see the least expensive values on E Bay. www.redweek.com, or www.myresortnetwork.com might also have something.

Here the Yahoo group she runs.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Fairfield-Deals-AngelEngland/?yguid=40318829

Last edited:

jtridle

TUG Member
Reaction score
KenK said:
.017 to .019 cents per point. The reason the point cost is so low is that the maintance fees and taxes are very high in the S Florida area.

I own at Fairfield Sea Gardens in Pompano Beach, FL and the maintenance fees with taxes is very reasonable for my 231,000 points unit. Of the three FF fixed weeks converted to points that I own, it is the cheapest at about $3.21 per thousand. And that includes the points program fees. And I got it through Angel and I highly recommend her.

Jackie

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
FF retail is a ripoff - resale is the way

The point cost at a FL resort isn't any different than any other FF resort (except possibly Blue Beards which you shouldn't buy right now at any cost or even if it's free due to the problems at that resort). They aren't low due to taxes or other fees but because FF has made the decision to devalue resales even as they hike the costs on retail purchases. If you are selling your FF points this is bad as the prices are much lower than they should be for such a great and improving system. But if you want to buy it is a great! As stated points are points so unless you need to have reservation priority at a specific resort just buy the amount you want (or some extra for breathing room) with the lowest annual fees (the fees are related to the resort the points are based on) and enjoy. Don't worry about the ever changing VIP or housekeeping fees, etc - they don't amount to anything compared to the savings over retail pricing.

Now someday FF is going to wise up and stop devaluing resales and actually support them as Marriott and a few others do. Then the price will skyrocket and it will be good to be a seller! But, for now, that isn't happening and you can get a great deal on FF as long as you go resale. No one should buy FF retail as the price spread is too great right now.

mshatty

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
timeos2 said:
The point cost at a FL resort isn't any different than any other FF resort (except possibly Blue Beards which you shouldn't buy right now at any cost or even if it's free due to the problems at that resort). They aren't low due to taxes or other fees but because FF has made the decision to devalue resales even as they hike the costs on retail purchases. If you are selling your FF points this is bad as the prices are much lower than they should be for such a great and improving system. But if you want to buy it is a great! As stated points are points so unless you need to have reservation priority at a specific resort just buy the amount you want (or some extra for breathing room) with the lowest annual fees (the fees are related to the resort the points are based on) and enjoy. Don't worry about the ever changing VIP or housekeeping fees, etc - they don't amount to anything compared to the savings over retail pricing.

Now someday FF is going to wise up and stop devaluing resales and actually support them as Marriott and a few others do. Then the price will skyrocket and it will be good to be a seller! But, for now, that isn't happening and you can get a great deal on FF as long as you go resale. No one should buy FF retail as the price spread is too great right now.

At this point, you should heed what John says above.

KenK

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
FYI
Heres a low point sale on e bay. (49,000 points for current bid @ $503.) Ends in one + day:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FAIRFIELD-ROYAL...ryZ15897QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jackie:
Both our weeks in SE Fl are taxed at about $200 each week, with maint @ about $750, so totals are near $1000 per week. (2 bed L/O) Insurance rises may have helped this. At Marriott....

But a one bedroom one bath sleep six week at the very old ( Daily Resorts) Slver Seas (converted to T/S from an apt hotel in 1978-9) has maint at just under $700 a week (as of 12 months ago). The VRI Ft Lauderdale Beach Resorts 2 bed L/Os are also just under $900 (plus some assessments)

Some tuggers (like me) think that is pretty high fees....but I think they may be increasing all over.

Last edited:

mshatty

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
KenK said:
FYI
Heres a low point sale on e bay. (49,000 points for current bid @ $503.) Ends in one + day:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FAIRFIELD-ROYAL-VISTA-POMPANO-BEACH-FL-49-000-POINTS_W0QQitemZ150026100939QQihZ005QQcategoryZ15897QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

. . ..

Some tuggers (like me) think that is pretty high fees....but I think they may be increasing all over.

As a point of reference and so no one will bid on a pig in a poke, 49,000 points at FF Royal Vista will NOT get you any full week stay at any time during the year. The cheapest week for a 1 BD at Royal Vista is 96,000 points and is for weeks 36-39.

I believe that the maintenance fees are high because this is a converted week resort. For those maintenance fees, they are based on week ownership, regardless of size of unit.

This is a useless purchase unless you just want another 49,000 FF points to add to what you have, but you are also adding another $500+ in annual MF plus Fl. taxes.

KenK

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Mike:
How could there be a set of points at a converted resort that can't add up to a week?
Did the original week owner (Vacation Break didn't sell less than a week intervals) keep some of the points they contracted with him when he converted?

Or did FF increase the amount of points needed to stay for a off season week? (Does FF incease points needed after conversion? Does FF then increase the points for the owner who converted?)

And still IMO....$500 maint for points that don't even buy a week in a one bedroom off season is still pretty high. (All weeks in S Fl are red....talking lite pink)

acesneights

TUG Member
Reaction score
The weeks converter had to buy 49K to convert the week for "free".

They now want to sell this stub that they paid maybe $5K for because it's worthless and has a $500 MF.

aces

mshatty

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
acesneights said:
The weeks converter had to buy 49K to convert the week for "free".

They now want to sell this stub that they paid maybe $5K for because it's worthless and has a $500 MF.

aces

Aces,

Thanks for helping clarify why this is only a 49k contract.

bpor3248

Reaction score
KenK,

How do I check to see how many points it takes to get a 2 BR during a prime week?

BPO

cirkus

TUG Member
Reaction score
It takes 203,000 points for a 2Br in a prime week (154,000 + 49,000=203,000)
Bill

dcdowden

TUG Member
Reaction score
We bought 790K resale points at Royal Vista a few years ago. I think that you should definitely be able to find a resale at a price less than $.03 per point. We bought resale partly because we really wanted to have Royal Vista as our home resort and Fairfield was not selling Royal Vista points anymore. We have since found out that FF sometimes does sell Royal Vista points if you make it clear to them that is the only way they can make a sale. However, resale is obviously much cheaper. We had also heard that Royal Vista can be difficult to get into during certain times of year unless you have the home resort Advanced Reservation Priority.
Good Luck, I have frequently seen listings on ebay over the last couple years.
Doug
Naperville, Illinois