• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fairfield Points Chart

Rutro

Reaction score
Hello all.

My wife and I are looking into buy a timeshare and have been searching for about 2 weeks now. Our research has led us to Fairfield as being on top of our list. We're interested in either Myrtle Beach or Vegas (yes, quite a difference) as our primary location. What we have no idea is how many points are needed to get enough to sleep 4 comfortably during prime time (for a week). The charts are hidden until we buy we're told (even resales). So, are there any Fairfield charts out there where we can review? And, what would y'all recommend as far as a reasonable number of points.

Any FF Vegas or Myrtle horror stories out there too?

Thank you.
:wave:

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
A few resell in eBay do post the point chart. But you can look at this thread http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7197

If you want Myrtle Beach Seawatch prime time, you have better buy there if you are looking at resell. If not, does not matter where you bought.

There are a lot of horror stories in every resorts. Most of the time, you may never meeting any of them.

Jya-Ning

Arkansas Winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is an estimate I have seen in various ads for FF Points TS sales.

Below is an estimate of how many points it takes to travel to most resorts in PRIME red time:

154,000 - 189,000 for a 2br
105,000 - 126,000 for a 1br
77,00 - 84,000 for a Studio

You probably would need to add 40 to 50,000 points to get into Hawaii, and other prime resorts and areas during prime season.

Dale

Last edited:

molly2004

Reaction score
Hope you don't mind if I borrow your thread. :)

I'm looking into Fairfield too. I want to be able to pay cash for our points. The problem would be that we'd be limited in the number of points we'll be able to afford. When you purchase additional points down the line, do they just get added to your account? Or do the new points constitute a separate contract? Conversely, if you have a large contract (say 200k points), can you split it up to resell?

Please forgive the questions. I'm a newbie to timesharing. All I "seem" to understand about them evolves around how Disney handles theirs. I spent about a year researching DVC so I tend to gauge all others by DVC.

Thanks !

PS: I've tried to join the Fairfield Yahoo group for research (it's been about a week) and I still haven't been allowed access! :-(

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
molly2004 said:
Hope you don't mind if I borrow your thread. :)

I'm looking into Fairfield too. I want to be able to pay cash for our points. The problem would be that we'd be limited in the number of points we'll be able to afford. When you purchase additional points down the line, do they just get added to your account? Or do the new points constitute a separate contract? Conversely, if you have a large contract (say 200k points), can you split it up to resell?

Thanks !

PS: I've tried to join the Fairfield Yahoo group for research (it's been about a week) and I still haven't been allowed access! :-(

Check your email, if when you apply Yahoo Group, and you did not fill enough info, there may have a follow up email waiting you. It will be the email you put on when you apply to joint the group.

1. They will add these other contracts to your account. You have one account but many small contracts
2. FF contract is based on real deed, so it usually hard to even think to split it. Probably there will be only one that can success split a big contract and is the FF, and I have not hear anyone else try it or the cost of split the contract. If you think about split the contract then never let FF talk you to roll them into one.
3. you can buy a small contract and rent from FF owner, it close to MF in some cases.

Jya-Ning

Rutro

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks to all for the information. It certainly helped. :)

-k