• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fairfield bids

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Is there a hurricane discount on Fairfield properties?

I watch eBay all the day (better than SportsCenter) and am curious why the disparity in Fairfield pricing?

I see a 126,000 annual point package in Fairfield Glen, with MF of $585, that has 23 bids and is going for $305.

However, from time to time I've seen Florida properties with similar MF's that didn't sell at all -- and am curious if there is a penalty for the hurricane belt?

Please advise and thanks!

Caius

TUG Member
Reaction score
However, from time to time I've seen Florida properties with similar MF's that didn't sell at all -- and am curious if there is a penalty for the hurricane belt?

Please advise and thanks!

In addition to the potential for special assessments, Florida owners also receive a property tax bill on top of MF payments. I think many people avoid FLA based on this, although all you really have to do is add the taxes onto the MFs to find the yearly cost. You do have the extra concern of making sure the taxes listed in the ad are correct...

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you looking at week or point?

I just look at the completed list. The only point one I don't see bid is like Hawaii converted week, where MF ratio is too high.

Jya-Ning

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Thank you both -- the prop taxes may be the variable I was missing.

I have been looking at point packages for various properties and trying to figure out if Florida sold more slowly/less bid activity.

Thanks!