• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

EZ Pass in Orlando or other?

3kids4me

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
So can I bring my EZ Pass to Orlando and use it there, or are they still not using EZ Pass? If not, what is the best way to deal with tolls? Thanks!

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
So can I bring my EZ Pass to Orlando and use it there, or are they still not using EZ Pass? If not, what is the best way to deal with tolls? Thanks!

Just a half dozen threads down from this one is a thread entitled Help with Florida Tolls, where you'll find among the 32 posts all the info you seek and more.
No EZ Pass functionality (yet) in FL; they have their own incompatible Sun Pass. Apparently all the other many eastern states with EZ Pass somehow have it wrong.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Theo is right. www.sunpass.com. You can have it mailed to you (mine took 4 days) or buy it in Florida. Just mount it on your car and you are good to go. If you are renting, it is a little more complicated. You must add the rental info (plate #, make and model) to your account so that your sunpass is recognized. You do that by internet or 800#.

I leave Friday - - with my new sunpass!!! Good luck...

tiel

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a small nuisance, but the portable sunpass device works very well. We have had ours for 2-3 years now, and have used it in a number of rentals and our own cars when visiting FL. It easily attaches to/detaches from the windshield. You have to update your sunpass account only when you are using a rental, as mentioned before, but that is easy also. And that update includes an end date for the rental, so only one access is needed.

We have EZpass and are looking forward to the changeover, but we like how the sunpass is portable.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro

When we're in Orlando, we easily just avoid using the toll roads as there are plenty of alternative routes. Are you sure you will need to travel on the toll roads?

Kurt

jkb

TUG Member
Reaction score
No need to pay tolls

We take our GPS with us & use it in the rental car. Just say 'yes' on the page where it asks you if you want to avoid toll roads. I would think it works the same if you use the rental car company's GPS. You will undoubtedly get sent through areas with red lights & stop signs but ... If you have the time to spare, save the money.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Theo is right. www.sunpass.com. You can have it mailed to you (mine took 4 days) or buy it in Florida. Just mount it on your car and you are good to go. If you are renting, it is a little more complicated. You must add the rental info (plate #, make and model) to your account so that your sunpass is recognized. You do that by internet or 800#.

I leave Friday - - with my new sunpass!!! Good luck...

Just to clarify, you only need to add your rental car information to your SunPass account so if your transponder is not recognized. The system will first look to charge your account instead of billing back to the rental car agency. Even if you don't register your rental car in the SunPass system, it will still charge tolls to your transponder when you go through a toll. So you don't have to register your SunPass, but it is best to do so. The registration is just a fail safe.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
From www.sunpass.com/rentalcar ...
Customers with SunPass Portable transponders may use their transponders in their rental vehicles. It is strongly recommended that SunPass customers access their online SunPass accounts or contact the SunPass Customer Service Center to add the rental vehicle subscription to their account for the rental period.... Please remember to remove your transponder upon return of the vehicle.

SunPass Customer Service Center: 1-888-865-5352