• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Eyelid Dermatitis - Dr. said to put Johnson's Baby Shampoo on it!(2009)

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems like out of nowhere, about 5 years ago, I developed this chronic case of blepharitis. I was at the eye doctor constantly. I was getting the inflammation often and very bad. There were mornings I could not go to work. We tried everything. The cleaning pads, steroid creams, baby shampoo, warm compressors. I could not touch my eyes, the wind, make up, anything and everything aggravated my eyes. I started wearing the huge black glasses that people wear after cataract surgery. Someone suggested a dermatologist so I went. I was getting desperate and tired of hearing everyone say I can't believe nothing can be done to take care of this. The dermatologist said I can take antibiotics indefinitely. I did not want to do that. I have heard stress, roscea, allergies can be contributing factors too.

Since this has started, I am very, very careful with touching my face and/or rubbing my eyes. I do not wear eye make up. I can't even use mascara and will only wear it when I have a party/function to go to. I always feel like I have something in my eyes. They are dry and I use the Tear drops. I also use baby shampoo or just plain old ivory soap. The last two years it has not acted up as often. Last year though after going on a ride on a boat (we were away for the weekend) - I think the wind did it and the sunglasses were not enough protection - I developed again what I thought was a bad case of blepharitis. The eye was really swollen, red and I was in pain. I called the eye doctor on the way home almost in tears - I thought it was blepharitis but it turns out it was a bad stye. Cortizone needle on the eye lid cleared it up in a few days.

I hope the baby shampoo works for you and you do not get another round of this. It was not fun. Just be careful with what you put on your face/eyes and protect them.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Here is what I do, fill the sink with hot water, put cotton balls in the water. Retreated them one at a time, put small amount of baby shampoo on the cotton ball after squeezing execess water off, wipe across the eyelid once, toss the cotton ball, then repeat. I usually use 3cotton balls on each eye so six altogether. Then use one for each eye without shampoo for rince. This is a form of allergies. Mines flares up usually in the spring. Only lasts a few days.
Silentg

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I asked my eye doc about the dry itchy feeling above and below my eyes. She said it might be slight case of excema (sp) and to put a bit of Vaseline on it. She said the it would relieve the dryness without harming my eyes. Not sure f this info helps with your situation but might not hurt to try it.

Suzanne

I have used Vaseline for umteen years and it relieves dry feeling for a short time but certainly no cure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is what I do, fill the sink with hot water, put cotton balls in the water. Retreated them one at a time, put small amount of baby shampoo on the cotton ball after squeezing execess water off, wipe across the eyelid once, toss the cotton ball, then repeat. I usually use 3cotton balls on each eye so six altogether. Then use one for each eye without shampoo for rince. This is a form of allergies. Mines flares up usually in the spring. Only lasts a few days.
Silentg

I do this also with cotton balls. Sometimes I use a washcloth. It has been recommended to do this for at least 10 15 minutes a few times a day :( - Because it cools off too quick - the eye doctor recommended making a hard boiled egg and wrap it/place in sock, etc. It will take a little longer to cool off :)

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do this also with cotton balls. Sometimes I use a washcloth. It has been recommended to do this for at least 10 15 minutes a few times a day :( - Because it cools off too quick - the eye doctor recommended making a hard boiled egg and wrap it/place in sock, etc. It will take a little longer to cool off :)

Interesting, but you would need to make the egg right beforehand or that wouldn't work. My doctor sells me a bottle of occu soft to clean lids and lashes says use. Cotton ball, finger, or wash cloth.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Interesting, but you would need to make the egg right beforehand or that wouldn't work. My doctor sells me a bottle of occu soft to clean lids and lashes says use. Cotton ball, finger, or wash cloth.

I have used the Lid Scrub from OCuSoft off and on for a while. I have had issues the past two years with giant papillary conjunctivitis and meibomian gland dysfunction, pretty much to the point where I can't wear contact lenses. The Lid Scrib didn't help at all. I have started using a heat pack that you microwave for about 30 seconds and wear over the eyes for about 10 minutes. Helps get the pils moving through those glands. Eye doctor has me trying out contact lens dailies now instead of the monthlies that I wore previously.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have tried the eye lid scrubbers/pads also - not much help :( - just happy right now that it has not acted up but anything and everything will/can trigger it :(

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
For years I have had stinging, and itchy and grainy, etc etc and so I went to the eye doctor last month and he diagnosed it and treated it so correctly, it was gone in a few days. All of the above are good things to do plus.... I feel so much better knowing that it is an allergy and not an eye problem (I've had skin rash/allergy issues my whole life.) He said anything could trigger it again, even hot or cold weather. Certain air conditioners really cause an immediate recurrence, then better when we leave (that happened just last week when we went int a store for a short while.) .

Best advice to follow is DO NOT TOUCH YOUR EYES! , but sometimes difficult - if I do, I immediately wash them , etc

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
. I have started using a heat pack that you microwave for about 30 seconds and wear over the eyes for about 10 minutes. Helps get the pils moving through those glands.

I was wondering the same thing--if you could heat a 'rice bag' (easy to make if you don't have one) and let it cool a bit, wrap in a towel and use as a heat compress. The heat in those rice bags lasts quite a while.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just stop rubbing your eyes ;)

The problem will go away by itself. No med needed.