• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Explorer Package - Making it a good deal

margolism

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts about the WLR 1BR Explorer pakckage?

$2,720 for six nights in a 1BR plus 70,000 SPG points.

Extra nights in the 1BR are $199 per night inclusive of taxes.

We are owners here and come every February (President’s Week.)

Assuming a value of a SPG point at .02275 per point, it comes with $1592.50 worth of points.

Since we typically stay for 11 or 12 nights, the $199 per extra night brings the average cost per night down quite a bit. For a six night stay the nights are $453.33 per night, for 11 nights it comes down to $337.73 per night, not including the value of the SPG points. Renting our unit for a prime week recoups our annual maintenance x3.

Anyone do a similar analysis?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I know little about WLR - but in general ExpPkg should only be used in conjunction with a VSE purchase in conjunction with a requalification if a resale. And this should usually only be done if the desire is to get to 5* as inexpensively as possible.

So... IMO - unless 5* is your objective then ‘No’
There are usually cheaper ways to stay, or obtain SPs
YMMV and IMO

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
The StarPoints are worth $1600, but only if you know what you are going to do with them. Otherwise, you have merely exchanged a very liquid currency (dollars) into a less liquid currency (StarPoints).

The room is an okay value, but not an outstanding one. We stayed at Lagunamar last year in a one bedroom unit on a getaway for about $750.

I would say "no" for a different reason: I hate doing sales presentations. Especially on vacations.

margolism

TUG Member
Reaction score
I typically get 9c or more value with SPG points (FF transfer for business class and first class long haul flights), so the SPG points have lots of appeal.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
You really can rent your WLR for 3x MF? In the past I’ve had no luck renting for even break for prime weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk