• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Experiences by Welk - Now Charging Membership Fee?

JManteca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received an email from Welk saying that my free membership in the Experiences by Welk program had expired and they are asking me to pay $199/yr to continue as a member. I asked another Welk owner if they had received the same email but she had not. She originally bought from the developer; I bought resale. Has anyone else gotten an email saying that Welk is charging for membership? If so, are you a resale owner?

Attachments

• Welk Email.png
    Welk Email.png
    295.2 KB · Views: 57
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I am an owner who bought from Welk (developer) three years ago. I just spoke with owner services on Monday about this. I was told that the experiences by Welk (travel assistant type app/site not the collection of affiliated resorts) is included for your first year of ownership but then costs an annual fee.
If you don't pay the fee, the experiences program is still accessible but the discounts are not as good. Kind of like II member levels.
My experiences account is currently in accessible but I'll keep checking and let you know for sure as I have never paid for the experiences membership.

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told that the experiences by Welk (travel assistant type app/site not the collection of affiliated resorts) is included for your first year of ownership but then costs an annual fee.
If you don't pay the fee, the experiences program is still accessible but the discounts are not as good. Kind of like II member levels.

Yep, this is how it works for me. My introductory account expired; I've not renewed; I can renew for $199; I can access the travel services without renewing.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Update: my account is working again and I did some quick flight searches through the experiences app and they were the same price as through Google flights. I'm not paying the $199/yr membership. So that's good at least and you can collect rewards points, which I'm guessing take a long time to add up to anything. However:
Not to hi-jack the thread, but the OPs question being answered, has anybody had much experience with gaining and using Welk Reward Credits?