• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Experienced eBay seller has Colorado Grand Lodge week listed for $38,500

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great info thanks much! What are the relevant differences between Grand Peak 7 and Peak 8?

I have never stayed at Peak 8, but it is newer and I sense is it my be be little more high end and some room appear to have amazing views of the mountain. However, I prefer to start my day at Peak 7 and then over toward Peak 6 once it starts to get crowded. Peak 8 can be an absolute zoo on busy days and I try to avoid it. Although the Rocky Mountain Superchair line usually isn’t as bad as Colorado SuperChair.

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
Thanks to all who have provided additional Breck property information!

Last edited:

ncaahockeyfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GP7, GP8
This thread is super informative - thank you to everyone contributing. we love Breck and after a couple of stays at Peak 8 we are considering ownership at 7 or 8.

I am hoping someone can offer clarification about the BONUS TIME feature for club members.

Is the 14 day window only available for stays that are within 14 days? for example, if I am looking for 4 consecutive Bonus Time nights on October 2, does that mean I can only book the night of October 16? Or could I book October 16-20 since check-in occurs during the 14 day window?

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
This thread is super informative - thank you to everyone contributing. we love Breck and after a couple of stays at Peak 8 we are considering ownership at 7 or 8.

I am hoping someone can offer clarification about the BONUS TIME feature for club members.

Is the 14 day window only available for stays that are within 14 days? for example, if I am looking for 4 consecutive Bonus Time nights on October 2, does that mean I can only book the night of October 16? Or could I book October 16-20 since check-in occurs during the 14 day window?

You would only be able to book the night of the 16th as the other days are more than 14 days out. During the ski season it is more difficult to book multiple nights at one time and seems best chance is last minute, usually a day or 2 before check-in. I have only used the bonus times during January for 1 or 2 night stays and it has worked out well. I think it would be difficult to plan a longer trip during peak season as it is difficult to make multiple night reservations. The online calendar is real time and new nights become available at 7:00 am. The way I have used it is to just add the few nights on to my trip when I am already out in Colorado.

Obviously, there is much more availability during the off season. Below is a screenshot of what it looks like today. Green means there are available rooms and grey days are check out only. I originally purchased a resale Winter week for a pretty good price. They offered a program that allowed all owners to upgrade their weeks to a Winter Plus that includes mid-February and March, which I did and that is how I got into the Club. It actually cost more to upgrade seasons than buy my original week and not sure I would recommend the upgrade, but I sure enjoy the bonus nights when I use them.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

1660663990668.png

1660664287175.png

Last edited:

ncaahockeyfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GP7, GP8
Thanks Grupp! this is helpful.

I was surprised by the Bonus Days rates. They're higher than what the Peak 7 Club Rules document I read includes. The rates seem more like the friends & family rates I remember seeing in a different (longer) document for Peak 7.

1660665860319.png

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
As the Realtors say: another OPT (over priced turkey). :)

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Grupp! this is helpful.

I was surprised by the Bonus Days rates. They're higher than what the Peak 7 Club Rules document I read includes. The rates seem more like the friends & family rates I remember seeing in a different (longer) document for Peak 7.

View attachment 62620
How old is that chart? I never see bonus nights that cheap.

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
The chart is from the Membership Plan that linked on their website. My guess is that they just have not updated the chart over the years so those are not the current prices. But I don't believe the current price of $179 for a weekday 2br during ski season is unreasonable at all and is actually a bargain.

ncaahockeyfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GP7, GP8
Got it - sounds like this chart doesn't reflect current pricing.

Totally agree that $179 is a bargain for a 2 bedroom weekday ski season! Can anyone comment on the odds of getting 3 consecutive weekday nights in Feb/Mar - one or two bedroom unit?

Traveling from Minnesota for a 1 or 2 night probably won't happen. Three nights would be the minimum.

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am also from Minnesota :) My feeling is that it would be tough to plan a multiple day trip during that time as it seems much of units show up a day or two before or even same day as check-in. I have seen people at the front desk who had just extended stay by making a reservation that morning.

Having said that, you could certainly have a chance at stringing a few days together, but if trying to plan ahead it would be best to have a back up plan just incase you aren't able to reserve anything. There is usually more availability in the smaller units than the 2 br.

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.

That is a strange comment, the price may be high, but the resort itself certainly is not a turkey.

Strange? I didn't say anything about the resort. I'm sure it's an awesome place but no week is worth that amount of money. Therefore the "week" is an OPT. Just MHO of course. Unless we're not allowed to have opinions anymore. <wink>

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Certainly a great week that would deserve a high price...will be interesting to see if it sells at this price...6 days and counting. Or to follow any subsequent listings as it moves towards a market price.
What do you consider the "market price" for this auction?

My prediction is that this listing disappears unbought from eBay before the price drops to $32,000.

On the other hand, it takes only one interested buyer at a certain price point above that ...

It will be interesting.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I could not help but investigate some more. I found this about Grand Lodge Peak 7:

"D. RESALE INITIATION FEE The Club will be entitled to an initiation fee of twelve thousand dollars ($12,000.00) from the new Owner of a Vacation Estate in connection with the resale of a Vacation Estate through anyone other than Declarant or its authorized agent."

I find it difficult to believe this is enforced on all resales. The Club would just be asking for a bad debt problem from "shoulder season" Vacation Estates that sell on eBay for next to nothing. Does anyone know if it is enforced on any resales. If not, why is it in the Grand Lodge Peak 7 Club rules?

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
What do you consider the "market price" for this auction?

My prediction is that this listing disappears unbought from eBay before the price drops to $32,000.

On the other hand, it takes only one interested buyer at a certain price point above that ...

It will be interesting.
My market price estimate is $18K

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I could not help but investigate some more. I found this about Grand Lodge Peak 7:

"D. RESALE INITIATION FEE The Club will be entitled to an initiation fee of twelve thousand dollars ($12,000.00) from the new Owner of a Vacation Estate in connection with the resale of a Vacation Estate through anyone other than Declarant or its authorized agent."

I find it difficult to believe this is enforced on all resales. The Club would just be asking for a bad debt problem from "shoulder season" Vacation Estates that sell on eBay for next to nothing. Does anyone know if it is enforced on any resales. If not, why is it in the Grand Lodge Peak 7 Club rules?

I think there is some confusion about membership in the "Club". You can be an resale owner and use or trade your week without being a member of the Club. There is no requirement that you pay the fee to join. So there is really nothing to enforce, you can either pay to join or not and would suspect that most do not.

Membership in the Club gives you benefits that other resale owners do not have, most valuable are the bonus time and parking/day use privileges. How valuable those are is going to vary greatly from person to person. There a few owners that buy the cheap offseason resale week and pay to join just to use those benefits. I would suspect those people live within a reasonable driving distance of Breckenridge and have flexibility to take last minute trips.

I also think there are resale buyers that purchase their week assuming they get access to these benefits, only to find out later they do not qualify unless the pay to join.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I keep thinking someone is going to post that this one sold.

No matter what you are all saying about it, a ski week in Breck on the slopes is a gem to own. I say this because I paid a ridiculous amount of money back in 1986 or 1987 for a week in fall season at Val Chatelle from the developer. I am sure the price was about $4,000. The ski weeks back then were going for $25,000, if I remember correctly. Those are on a fixed rotation, and sometimes my ski weeks (acquired resale for pennies on the dollar) are only week 50, which is not a good week. The weeks rotate from weeks 50-52 and 1-14, I think. 14 is usually another dud. The units need remodeling. People are aging out of skiing, so our resort's management company is renting ski weeks for a bundle, but they keep a good portion of the rental income and rent only so many days of a week.

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
My market price estimate is $18K

I know that probably have a different way to value weeks than most do, but it has worked well for me. One thing to note about this resort is they do have a very strong rental program for all owners, although they do take a 40% cut of the rental. If the owner rented this out through the resort, I don't think it would be unreasonable for the owner to get close to $5,000 after they take their 40%. If any of the nights got to bonus time, they don't take 40% but charge a cleaning fee and the owner ends up with only about $30 for those nights. So, there is significant downside if all the nights are not rented.

If I owned this week and was not in need of quick cash, I wouldn't sell for less than $25,000. Otherwise, I would just rent it out. If I was looking to by buy, $18,000 to $20,000 would be where I am interested. But if someone wants a 3br for week 11 every year they would probably be willing to pay significantly more than I am.

RunCat

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HPP, Sheraton Flex.
FWIW, week 11 can often coincide with Spring Break. And looking at Mar 11-18, 2023 on Expedia, the large one-bedroom (largest available) is $8,000 for the week.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m an owner at Peak 7 and I’ve done a ton of research. This came directly from owner services Yesterday. If the contract changes hands with no funds for payment this can be considered a private transfer no cash involved and the benefits transfer with the contract. Even if you purchase a contract without the benefits transferring everyone gets owner pet privileges which seems to be extremely popular. I’m at Peak 8 for 2 weeks right now and the front desk told me 50% of the rooms are pet friendly.
You can still book your contracted floating week, still bank with Interval which in the short stay area of getaways Grand Timber, Peak 7 and Peak 8 are available for a very reasonable amount which would be just like having bonus time in your contract.

Their are Owner Facebook pages for both Peak 7 and Peak 8. I find it extremely interesting what people spend and really don’t know what they bought. One owner wants to sell their 2 bedroom annual Spring/ Fall week they have no idea how to sell it or how much to list it for. They would like to recoup what they still owe on their loan which is 56,000.00. Not even a ski week. Yowza

I do find the BGV owner services to be very user friendly. Everyone I have ever emailed or spoke to chatted with knows what they are doing.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I find it extremely interesting what people spend and really don’t know what they bought. One owner wants to sell their 2 bedroom annual Spring/ Fall week they have no idea how to sell it or how much to list it for. They would like to recoup what they still owe on their loan which is 56,000.00.
This is common throughout the timeshare universe.

A 2 bedroom Spring/Fall at Grand Lodge Peak 7 recently sold from a reputable seller at $250 plus about $500 closing and transfer costs -- only 1 bid offered.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even if you purchase a contract without the benefits transferring everyone gets owner pet privileges which seems to be extremely popular. I’m at Peak 8 for 2 weeks right now and the front desk told me 50% of the rooms are pet friendly.
ugh ... that would be a reason why I would never want to own there.

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
This is common throughout the timeshare universe.

A 2 bedroom Spring/Fall at Grand Lodge Peak 7 recently sold from a reputable seller at $250 plus about $500 closing and transfer costs -- only 1 bid offered.

Yep mud/fall seasons are the lowest prices on most Colorado timeshares

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
I’m an owner at Peak 7 and I’ve done a ton of research. This came directly from owner services Yesterday. If the contract changes hands with no funds for payment this can be considered a private transfer no cash involved and the benefits transfer with the contract. Even if you purchase a contract without the benefits transferring everyone gets owner pet privileges which seems to be extremely popular. I’m at Peak 8 for 2 weeks right now and the front desk told me 50% of the rooms are pet friendly.
You can still book your contracted floating week, still bank with Interval which in the short stay area of getaways Grand Timber, Peak 7 and Peak 8 are available for a very reasonable amount which would be just like having bonus time in your contract.

Their are Owner Facebook pages for both Peak 7 and Peak 8. I find it extremely interesting what people spend and really don’t know what they bought. One owner wants to sell their 2 bedroom annual Spring/ Fall week they have no idea how to sell it or how much to list it for. They would like to recoup what they still owe on their loan which is 56,000.00. Not even a ski week. Yowza

I do find the BGV owner services to be very user friendly. Everyone I have ever emailed or spoke to chatted with knows what they are doing.
@jules54 this is excellent and valuable information...thanks so much for posting!

ski_sierra

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Too many
What is special about week 11. Breckenridge faces east and the snow would not be great this time of the year.

Week 11 would be far better in Vail or Beaver Creek as they have a lot of north facing slopes.

If it was week 52 or 7 I could understand the price.

I am missing something.