• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Experienced eBay seller has Colorado Grand Lodge week listed for $38,500

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
We live in Colorado so I follow eBay closely for Colorado timeshare resales. tochoa25 whom I consider a trusted and longtime seller has this Grand Lodge week listed for sale for opening bid of $38,500 and Buy It Now for $51,999. In my experience tocha does have a tendency to list things a bit higher but does sell often showing 207 sales in the last 90 days.

I'm guessing this listing price is driven by the owner.

3 BEDROOM LOCKOFF, GRAND LODGE ON PEAK 7, FIXED WEEK 11, ANNUAL, TIMESHARE,DEED | eBay

This listing is tocha's highest price initial bid from the searchable information by $10K.
Searching tocha's sold listings the highest I see is $9,150 for HGVC Lagoon Tower, 13,440 Annual Platinum Season Points

I can't find many historical Grand Lodge sales from any seller on eBay and no winter weeks. Likely they sell on other timeshare websites...maybe someone has seen others?

Posting says this was originally sold by the developer for $153,000.
Certainly a prime Colorado ski week at a premier resort and 3BR lockoffs give excellent flexibility.
3BR Lockoff
Winter/Platinum season ski week
1-15/47-50

Certainly a great week that would deserve a high price...will be interesting to see if it sells at this price...6 days and counting. Or to follow any subsequent listings as it moves towards a market price.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
So did you bid on it? ;)

Dave

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Not interested as I don’t ski but for a skier this might be tempting, especially if it rents significantly more than the $2600 MF. Heck, there are people out there paying $38K retail for just an average timeshare. Someone interested might be wise to make an offer much less than $38K and see what happens.

That said, with today’s economy I am not looking to spend $38K, or anywhere close to that, on a timeshare.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
He seems to post things above what they are worth and when he doesn’t get any bids just posts again for a slightly lower price.

he had a Platinum Marriott Legends Edge week that I think he re-posted every week for 2-months because he wasn’t getting any bids. Don’t know if he ever managed to sell it or just gave up.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I saw the listing. I would rather buy another Westin Ka'anapali oceanfront center 2 bedroom lockoff for that price.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Good week. But worth nowhere near the starting bid.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good week. But worth nowhere near the starting bid.
Agreed. Common for this seller IMHO -- high starting bid and they keep reposting week after week slightly lowering the bid price for the same unit until it is sold. I assume this works for them as they do this with many of their listings... some are higher than what you could purchase via redweek. For example, that summer Marriott Streamside Evergreen has been reposted for weeks, and I think it was a higher bid price when it was initially posted.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Common for this seller IMHO -- high starting bid and they keep reposting week after week slightly lowering the bid price for the same unit until it is sold. I assume this works for them as they do this with many of their listings... some are higher than what you could purchase via redweek. For example, that summer Marriott Streamside Evergreen has been reposted for weeks, and I think it was a higher bid price when it was initially posted.

Yeah I think that week started out at like $999 and now its down to $99 with still no bids.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could be an aspirational listing.

On eBay, someone has listed a rental week at Bonnet Creek for $5,995.

The most expensive unit in sold listings is $2,800, but never know when someone may come along and just "buy it now."

jrb916

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Common for this seller IMHO -- high starting bid and they keep reposting week after week slightly lowering the bid price for the same unit until it is sold. I assume this works for them as they do this with many of their listings... some are higher than what you could purchase via redweek.
I noticed that on WM postings as they start higher & when one sells (sometimes after several postings) it may have only a handful or 1 bid. Most of them are stripped of credits & fees are on the higher side. Will be interesting to see how many times this one will be posted before it sells.

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
We did a presentation here last year. They wanted $36 000 for a mud annual studio week with the schpiel that it is buying membership for the day use. We asked what a winter week in a 2 bedroom would be and the cost was $150 000. So they are not wrong on the original price. Interestingly we bought a 'try out package for a 1 bedroom and we will be using it end of July. With discounts of adding on 3 days the cost is about $2600 so that was unfortunately no good deal. I guess if pay loads more for the ski week rental the mf's over time sounds a good deal. However, if you own here they have 'bonus time' days released 2 weeks prior and owners tell me that is why they bought into the mud weeks because prices are so good.

Still $38 000 - .

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the price is high, but not really that out of line that is deserves its own thread lol. He has this listed on Redweek for $38,500.

Just a couple things about this resort, it actually has four winter seasons which are:

Winter 1-6, 13-15, 47-50
Winter Plus 1-15, 47-50
Winter Value 13-15, 47-50
Week 51 and 52 are fixed

Most weeks are floating so there really aren't that many fixed weeks available although there seem to be more popping up recently. Like any high demand weeks at good resorts, you need to be on the phone immediately when the reservation window opens to get the week you want and you still might miss out. The floating 3 and 4 bedrooms get a weeks jump on everyone else when reserving their weeks.

The resort does have a great bonus time and day use programs, but those are only available to those how purchase from Grand Lodge or upgraded their resale ownership. So this week will not qualify for those programs.

I don't believe this is a very difficult trade if you are looking for efficiency or 1 bedroom. All units lock off into smaller units and I would assume most deposits are either the efficiency or 1 bedroom. Exchanging for a 2 bedroom will be more difficult but doable and a 3 or 4 bedroom I would think would be next to impossible.

If you were to rent this week from the resort I would expect it might be $1,000 to $1,200 per night plus taxes maybe more since it is prime spring break time. As for renting a 3 bedroom directly from and owner, I don't really have any data on that but based on similar weeks at other resorts $4,500-$5,000 does not seem out of line.

So, if you want a 3 bedroom at Grand Lodge during week 11 this could be a very good option for you, but not at the asking price. My feeling is something around 25K might not be a bad price since it is a fixed week and saves you from having to play the reservation game every year.

Last edited:

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
I think the price is high, but not really that out of line that is deserves its own thread lol. He has this listed on Redweek for $38,500.

Just a couple things about this resort, it actually has four winter seasons which are:

Winter 1-6, 13-15, 47-50
Winter Plus 1-15, 47-50
Winter Value 13-15, 47-50
Week 51 and 52 are fixed

Most weeks are floating so there really aren't that many fixed weeks available although there seem to be more popping up recently. Like any high demand weeks at good resorts, you need to be on the phone immediately when the reservation window opens to get the week you want and you still might miss out. The floating 3 and 4 bedrooms get a weeks jump on everyone else when reserving their weeks.

The resort does have a great bonus time and day use programs, but those are only available to those how purchase from Grand Lodge or upgraded their resale ownership. So this week will not qualify for those programs.

I don't believe this is not a very difficult trade if you are looking for efficiency or 1 bedroom. All units lock off into smaller units and I would assume most deposits are either the efficiency or 1 bedroom. Exchanging for a 2 bedroom will be more difficult but doable and a 3 or 4 bedroom I would think would be next to impossible.

If you were to rent this week from the resort I would expect it might be $1,000 to $1,200 per night plus taxes maybe more since it is prime spring break time. As for renting a 3 bedroom directly from and owner, I don't really have any data on that but based on similar weeks at other resorts $4,500-$5,000 does not seem out of line.

So, if you want a 3 bedroom at Grand Lodge during week 11 this could be a very good option for you, but not at the asking price. My feeling is something around 25K might not be a bad price since it is a fixed week and saves you from having to play the reservation game every year.
@grupp Thanks for this excellent reply! Very informative and helpful

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
The unit is advertised as a fixed week 11 (spring break) in a large unit at a desirable ski hill. That is a rare commodity. It is of significant value to the right person.

I don't know the rental value of such a unit, but I suspect it is at least a couple thousand over MF's which does support a hefty price, even if not the $38.5K asking price. If I wanted to ski there with family for a number of years into the future, I would pay 10x that differential to buy it.

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
5% less than previous listing for Starting Bid D8F74A74-26C2-433F-96DA-0CB262004186.jpeg

Last edited:

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I have bought from tocha once in the past. Was a perfectly fine expereince and things were handeled promptly. He is known/willing to take offers (especially about the time the listing is expiring). If I wanted to buy this from him, I would ask him a question via eBay, then move it to an email conversation.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

I think tochoa25 has had some sales lately that suggest some timeshares might be worth something. I watch certain timeshares and noticed people paying way more today than in the past. The one you posted as a buy it now of almost $52,000 + closing costs. He has a VI that has been up for a bunch of weeks with no takers that I keep seeing. I like the Diamante but really have no interest in another Cabo area timeshare. I also like the Pono Kai but really have no interest in Kauai.

Bill

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
I think tochoa25 has had some sales lately that suggest some timeshares might be worth something. I watch certain timeshares and noticed people paying way more today than in the past. The one you posted as a buy it now of almost $52,000 + closing costs. He has a VI that has been up for a bunch of weeks with no takers that I keep seeing. I like the Diamante but really have no interest in another Cabo area timeshare. I also like the Pono Kai but really have no interest in Kauai.
@easyrider I am noticing the same thing with TS sale prices overall rising

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you love to Ski and near within driving range or even flying range someone might jump on it, but not for 38,000 if they know what they are doing. If this was for Peak 8 there would be more interest. I know the ad says fixed week 11, but it looks like in the description it says Winter Platinum week 1-15/47-50 which might be kind of deceptive sounds like a floating week with that description.

A 3 bedroom could get you 3 weeks in a 1 bedroom. It would also get you the yearly maintenance fees to go with it. I own a 2 bedroom Lockoff at Peak 7 odd years Spring/Fall season. The maintenance fees on that are over 1600.00. If it’s a good year for snow I can get the 3rd week in April as my week 16 which lifts are still open and people are going to ski. My adult son lives in Denver and he was skiing the second week of May in 2022. Unless son uses the owners week I will rent it as you would have to pay me to go ski. With the contract being a lockoff I can book the suite side for one week and master side for a different week. Grand Lodge 7 and Grand 8 are absolutely both gorgeous resorts. Owners do have some pretty sweet benefits, bonus time, day use, parking and what seem exciting for at least 50% of population the resorts are pet friendly to owners. Resorts are Contract specific about owners and pets. Owners only each resort has its own HOA. No renter of owners week can bring their fur babies.
If your interested in some of the other benefits PM me and I’ll tell you what they are.

We were at Peak 7 in July for 9 days. I’m at Peak 8 right now for one week in suite(small one bedroom) and the next week in Grand Colorado which is a 2 bedroom. lovely and we were burning up in Nebraska.

This post is totally my own opinion but the information contained within is actual.

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
If you love to Ski and near within driving range or even flying range someone might jump on it, but not for 38,000 if they know what they are doing. If this was for Peak 8 there would be more interest. I know the ad says fixed week 11, but it looks like in the description it says Winter Platinum week 1-15/47-50 which might be kind of deceptive sounds like a floating week with that description.

A 3 bedroom could get you 3 weeks in a 1 bedroom. It would also get you the yearly maintenance fees to go with it. I own a 2 bedroom Lockoff at Peak 7 odd years Spring/Fall season. The maintenance fees on that are over 1600.00. If it’s a good year for snow I can get the 3rd week in April as my week 16 which lifts are still open and people are going to ski. My adult son lives in Denver and he was skiing the second week of May in 2022. Unless son uses the owners week I will rent it as you would have to pay me to go ski. With the contract being a lockoff I can book the suite side for one week and master side for a different week. Grand Lodge 7 and Grand 8 are absolutely both gorgeous resorts. Owners do have some pretty sweet benefits, bonus time, day use, parking and what seem exciting for at least 50% of population the resorts are pet friendly to owners. Resorts are Contract specific about owners and pets. Owners only each resort has its own HOA. No renter of owners week can bring their fur babies.
If your interested in some of the other benefits PM me and I’ll tell you what they are.

We were at Peak 7 in July for 9 days. I’m at Peak 8 right now for one week in suite(small one bedroom) and the next week in Grand Colorado which is a 2 bedroom. lovely and we were burning up in Nebraska.

This post is totally my own opinion but the information contained within is actual.
@jules54 Great info thanks much! What are the relevant differences between Grand Peak 7 and Peak 8?

Last edited:

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Owners do have some pretty sweet benefits, bonus time, day use, parking and what seem exciting for at least 50% of population the resorts are pet friendly to owners.
Unfortunately, the “Club“ benefits are only available if you purchase directly from the developer or pay to upgrade their resale week. So, this week would not qualify for these benefit. The current initiation fee is $12,000 if you want your resale week to have those benefit. See information from the Membership Plan below.

Peak 7 Membership Plan

II. SPECIAL MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
Membership in the Club offers a number of benefits, including:
Proprietary Points Overlay. The Club provides to its members the ability to maximize the use of their Vacation Week through use of Club Owner’s proprietary points overlay that allows use of Vacation Weeks in increments of as few as two (2) days in different seasons and in different Unit types than the Vacation Estate acquired by purchaser.

Resort Privileges. Club Members are entitled to free, year-round Resort Privileges of the Project and its amenities, including the swimming pools, hot tubs, owners’ lounges, locker rooms, and exercise and spa facilities.

Declarant Owned Inventory. Club Members have access to use of available Declarant owned Vacation Week inventory, and the on-site parking and spa areas retained by the Declarant.

Bonus Time. Club Members are entitled to bonus time use of any time made available for discounted owner rentals fourteen (14) days prior to the desired stay.

III. MEMBERSHIP AVAILABILITY AND CHANGES IN MEMBERSHIP A. MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Club membership is available to all purchasers in the Project who acquire Vacation Estates from Peak 7, LLC, a Colorado limited liability company (“Declarant”) or its authorized agent. A new Owner of a Vacation Estate who acquires a Vacation Estate through anyone other than Declarant or its authorized agent, must apply for membership in the Club. The Club will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to approve the application. If approved for membership, the new Owner must pay the resale initiation fee from time to time established by the Club Owner, as set forth in Paragraph D below.

Last edited: