• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Experience with First American Title Company

darreno

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anybody had experience with First American Title Company as a closing service?

I am looking at selling my Canadian timeshare and wanted to know if they were reputable and if they deal with foreign currencies at all.

Any other recommendations for closing service companies would also be appreciated.

I know another option is PayPal but do many people use PayPal to sell/buy timeshares?

Thanks for your help!

Continued success,

DarrenO

chalucky

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
They are located here in Orange County,CA.

Huge company, I think they are NYSE listed. Research them using Google.

Incidentally, they did the title insurance on my home residence.

BeantownFlyer

Reaction score
First American is one of the top title insurance companies in the country. Other would be LandAmerica.

nkldavy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Recently Used Them on a Resale

They seemed to be thorough as they found a previous improper transfer made so because there were not enough witness signatures. That's being rectified. Their process seems to have added about a month to the closing process.

Uncle Davey

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Both of my renters used First American Title Company to hold the escrow

It cost me $50 and the renters $50, and the assurance is what I wanted that my renters would pay and I would get the money 11 days after the end of the rental.

JROBIN

TUG Member
Reaction score
They advertised a Royal Holiday Club (RHC) week and the closing went very smoothly. They followed up with RHC and made certain that the transfer was completed in a timely manner, which is not easy because RHC is not known for being a well administered company.