• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Experience landing at LIH (Kauai)

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
We landed yesterday at LIH at about 3 pm on a UA 717 from HNL (originated at OGG for us) at ~ 70% occupancy and seemed to be the only flight coming in anywhere around that time. There was a small army of military or island police checking QR codes and proof or our covid tests (we had paper copies which were fine). The process was very well organized and was moving along briskly. We were at the front of the plane were through the whole process in about 5 minutes. Luggage came out also quite quickly.

We are in Poipu and services in the area are still quite restricted. The Marriott (MAW) has nothing open (no Marketplace, restaurant or pool bar; nowhere to get food onsite for anyone arriving late!) and the gym is open for a few hours in the morning. Concierge is not operating and the bell staff was here today Sunday but not yesterday when we arrived. The nearby Longs was closed by 5 pm on a Saturday (8-8 M-F). Take out restaurants available in the area, but limited hours.

Last edited:

critterchick

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why were they looking at your vaccination records? There's no quarantine exemption for them yet, is there (not that you were subject anyway since you had been on another island)?

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Why were they looking at your vaccination records? There's no quarantine exemption for them yet, is there (not that you were subject anyway since you had been on another island)?

Sorry; that was an error (clearly I have the covid vaccine on my mind!). I meant covid test results and I corrected it above.

Poobah

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had some friends arrive on 2/18 and they too said it all went smoothly. They are at the Marriott on Kalapaki for their three day quarantine. Even without any problems it was almost two hours by the time they got into their unit. Check in took awhile having to get the bracelet, app downloaded, etc. They did have to show their COVID tests results at check-in. They said the Portofino is not part of the bubble program so it is dinners at Dukes.
I guess the bottom line is: bring some patience with you when you land!
We arrive on March 1st and will be "bubbling" at The Point at Po'ipu.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mandatory 10 day quarantine is back for Kauai for anyone coming from the mainland (or anywhere out of the islands). Expected to last through March 2021.

Inter-island travelers physically in Hawaii for at least 72 hours can enter Kauai with a negative covid test within 72 hours.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Kauai.gov

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So no more resort bubbles?

The website seems to indicate that there is still a 3 day option for that, which is at some odds with what yesterdays email to me (from a resort) said. Best to read the info on the website above for the most current information for anyone traveling here. Am grateful to be on Kauai already!

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
The website seems to indicate that there is still a 3 day option for that, which is at some odds with what yesterdays email to me (from a resort) said. Best to read the info on the website above for the most current information for anyone traveling here. Am grateful to be on Kauai already!
I did read it and it seems like the same rules that were put in place before...

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's the same as it has been. 10 days if you do nothing. 3 day Resort Bubble. Or 72 hours somewhere else in Hawaii and then negative test 72 hours before departing (inter-island).

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Mandatory 10 day quarantine is back for Kauai for anyone coming from the mainland (or anywhere out of the islands). Expected to last through March 2021.

Inter-island travelers physically in Hawaii for at least 72 hours can enter Kauai with a negative covid test within 72 hours.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Kauai.gov

I don't think your statement is correct. The link you provide does not appear to have changed. In fact the site states:
Transpacific Travel “Resort Bubbles”

Travelers from out of state now have the option of a shortened three-day quarantine by participating in the resort bubble post-travel testing program. To qualify, travelers must do the following:
. . . (view site for info)

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't think your statement is correct. The link you provide does not appear to have changed. In fact the site states:
Transpacific Travel “Resort Bubbles”

Travelers from out of state now have the option of a shortened three-day quarantine by participating in the resort bubble post-travel testing program. To qualify, travelers must do the following: . . . (view site for info)

Yes, you (and wilma and rthib are correct) and I did not read far enough in the email that came from the resort encouraging which had sounded like a new change to the policy. And DH (an attorney) read it and had the same mis-reading as I did. Apologies to all.

Last edited: