• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exiting Wyndham?

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m a Platinum Wyndham owner with a large account. I am considering exiting Wyndham (actually pretty far down the road) but am having a bit of seller’s remorse and also think I am being nickeled and dimed.

Anyone currently or recently exit by selling all of their contracts (not ovation) with any advice.

Reply or pm me please. Tia

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
[This would be a good topic for a private message.]

Last edited by a moderator:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I see free Wyndham contracts and Wyndham contracts that sell for next to nothing. I have also seen people pay the points fee and closing costs to be rid of Wyndham. Ovation might not be too bad an idea, imo.

Bill

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see free Wyndham contracts and Wyndham contracts that sell for next to nothing. I have also seen people pay the points fee and closing costs to be rid of Wyndham. Ovation might not be too bad an idea, imo.

Bill
Take it eeeeeasy rider.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
You saying some are giving and or paying to get rid of deeds?

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
You saying some are giving and or paying to get rid of deeds?

Yes indeedy. Look in the Tug bargain bin and I bet there are a few Wyndham's for free in there. :D At least Wyndham will let a person out. I had a deeded contract, not Wyndham, that I actually paid the years mf and closing cost to be rid of it. I have also picked a couple of timeshare up the same way.

Bill

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes indeedy. Look in the Tug bargain bin and I bet there are a few Wyndham's for free in there. :D At least Wyndham will let a person out. I had a deeded contract, not Wyndham, that I actually paid the years mf and closing cost to be rid of it. I have also picked a couple of timeshare up the same way.

Bill
Eeeeeeeezy

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
very large points contracts do go for a small bit of resale value back to the seller from what I have seen.

but the buyers for that are somewhat limited given the abundance of free ~150k points packages available just about anywhere.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
It sounds like you already have something in-flight, but the Ovations process will give you a benchmark.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
If you have to pay to get rid of it, you’re better off giving it to Ovations because they will give you three years worth of points maintenance fee free for the annual retail bought points you bought. You have to specifically ask about Limited Edition by Wyndham. Apparently they don’t offer it right off the bag.

If you can make a few bucks off the resale market, that would be great. Keep in mind though, you have to pay the maintenance fees while the transfer is in process. Account for that cost. You would have to pay maintenance fees while the Ovations process is happening as well, but just decide if whatever you make is worth the trouble. Don’t pay to get rid of your timeshare if you can avoid it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have to pay to get rid of it, you’re better off giving it to Ovations because they will give you three years worth of points maintenance fee free for the annual retail bought points you bought. You have to specifically ask about Limited Edition by Wyndham. Apparently they don’t offer it right off the bag.

If you can make a few bucks off the resale market, that would be great. Keep in mind though, you have to pay the maintenance fees while the transfer is in process. Account for that cost. You would have to pay maintenance fees while the Ovations process is happening as well, but just decide if whatever you make is worth the trouble. Don’t pay to get rid of your timeshare if you can avoid it.

Thanks. Yes I am being paid (or offered at least). Devil will be in the details and so far the buyer has been cutting down the offer price in the details.

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score

Posted the following earlier on a sticky thread, not sure if that was the proper place to post, so here goes again...

I am helping my parents get out of their only contract and called the Ovation phone number earlier today. This contract was purchased RESALE (15 years ago give or take). After the rep looked up this contract, my parents were presented with two options:

1) Interval return (may not be correct wording), simply giving it back to Wyndham with approx. 8 week turaround.

2) 3 years of free usage. I was caught off guard since I thought only contracts purchased direct from developer were entitled to this. My father chose option 1 and Wyndham has began the process. They said to expect an email five weeks from today.

What am I missing here? I'm wondering if the phone rep could have made a mistake, or if there are any conditions to option 2? My parents simply want out and we don't want these points. It's a 105K annual contract. After stewing on this for a bit, I decided to post this because I'm not so sure that option 2 wouldn't have been a better deal if it wasn't a mistake. Wouldn't want them to give up the opportunity for three years of free points if there would be no conditions attached. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you already have something in-flight, but the Ovations process will give you a benchmark.[/QUOTE

Wyndham sets the resale value at $0 with ovations.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Posted the following earlier on a sticky thread, not sure if that was the proper place to post, so here goes again...

I am helping my parents get out of their only contract and called the Ovation phone number earlier today. This contract was purchased RESALE (15 years ago give or take). After the rep looked up this contract, my parents were presented with two options:

1) Interval return (may not be correct wording), simply giving it back to Wyndham with approx. 8 week turaround.

2) 3 years of free usage. I was caught off guard since I thought only contracts purchased direct from developer were entitled to this. My father chose option 1 and Wyndham has began the process. They said to expect an email five weeks from today.

What am I missing here? I'm wondering if the phone rep could have made a mistake, or if there are any conditions to option 2? My parents simply want out and we don't want these points. It's a 105K annual contract. After stewing on this for a bit, I decided to post this because I'm not so sure that option 2 wouldn't have been a better deal if it wasn't a mistake. Wouldn't want them to give up the opportunity for three years of free points if there would be no conditions attached. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

If the offer for three years usage with no maintenance fees is still on the table I would recommend taking it. Your parents wouldn't be able to add a guest name to any reservations made with the points but since they are free points who cares.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Thanks,
Mark

It’s possible since they bought it resale so long ago, it may not have been labeled as resale. That was pre-Wyndham, so that means Fairfield would have had to label it as resale. I say keep your mouth shut and take the free points. Lol

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s possible since they bought it resale so long ago, it may not have been labeled as resale. That was pre-Wyndham, so that means Fairfield would have had to label it as resale. I say keep your mouth shut and take the free points. Lol

My Dad unfortunately chose option one because we thought there would be strings attached to the free points. And the rep didn’t really go into explaining it either. Probably for good reason, i.e. they don’t want to give away free points! I think I’m going to call back tomorrow and ask them to go over the options again since the initial call was just made today. Perhaps that offer will no longer be on the table, but if it is and the points are free then it will be an easy choice.

I thought the same thing after the fact that these were Fairfield points and maybe we’re coded different in someway that’s allowing the three years free points to be an option.

I’ll call Wyndham tomorrow and report back. Thanks Jan and Richelle for your replies.