• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exit Timeshare company

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tahiti Village Resort
Anyone ever use Timeshare Freedom Group to exit their Timeshare? I contacted the company and the representative mentioned a guaranteed exit from all obligations and or your money back (written on their website)? Guarantee and money back sounds inviting! I own in Las Vegas, Tahiti Village Resort, and considering putting up the resort in RedWeek, ALL expenses paid by me (to include one year of maintenance fees), if the option cost less than litigation.

Last edited by a moderator:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Are there any of those "timeshare exit" & "timeshare cancellation" schemes that aren't hornswoggles & bamboozles ?

( Just wondering whether anything changed. )

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Anyone ever use Timeshare Freedom Group to exit their Timeshare? I contacted the company and the representative mentioned a guaranteed exit from all obligations and or your money back (written on their website)? Guarantee and money back sounds inviting! I own in Las Vegas, Tahiti Village Resort, and considering putting up the resort in RedWeek, ALL expenses paid by me (to include one year of maintenance fees), if the option cost less than litigation.

Don’t trust them or any company that requires you to pay upfront fees. Contact your management company and ask if they will take the deed back. They may charge a small fee, but some programs offer that option. You can also Try to give it away on the TUG Marketplace.

Best regards.

Mike

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
@LasVegasTSowner Below is a copy/paste that I posted about another TS Exit firm. It holds true for this one too.

”This is one of many “exit” companies that are out there preying on timeshare owners. At best, you will pay THOUSANDS of dollars upfront to a company that has been in business for a little more than two years and that is operating in an unregulated industry. All they give you upfront is a promise that they will get you out of your timeshare. They may get some owners out and it is likely that their “successes” are open deedback programs that some resorts offer to owners, a program that owners could do themselves for much less. At worst, they take your money and you still have your timeshare and mortgage.”

Timeshare Freedom Group Is not going to be any different. Some red flags for me include:
  • They claim to be in business for 10 years yet their website was created in 2017
  • They do not have a BBB file. There are a lot of Yelp and Trustpilot reviews. It isn’t uncommon for some of these companies to post fake reviews
  • They claim to have a money back guaranty. There is another “well known” timeshare exit company that is being sued by the Washington AG in part because they didn’t refund customers years after collecting the upfront fee despite their money back guarantee.
  • Speaking about their money back guaranty they claim on their website that they are so successful that they have only had “2-3 instances” of having to refund. That sounds ridiculous to me if they have supposedly been in business for 10 years with over 14000 exits (their claim on the website).
  • They are going to charge you THOUSANDS of dollars and you may very well still be stuck with your timeshare.
  • They claim to have multiple physical offices across the country, including the Chrysler Building in NYC. This isn’t an industry that people walk into offices so that smells real fishy to me.
You have the right idea to try to find a buyer yourself. In addition to Redweek you can list it here on TUG too. Even if you paid 3 years of maintenance fees it will still likely be cheaper than paying a relatively unknown company in an unregulated industry a big fee upfront with their “promise” to get you out.

My suggestion is to create an ad and really “sell” the resort. Talk about nearby shopping, dining, and entertainment. Include features of the resort like pools, fitness center, kids activities, etc... A good place to start is all fees paid including 2021 MF. You can always sweeten the offer if it isn’t moving, such as a $500 VISA gift card at closing. I would think someone would take it at that point, and it will be significant less than any exit company and you control the closing so you know it will happen. A recommended company called LT Transfers (about $250) will handle all paperwork to ensure you are completely free of the time share.

Good luck!

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is your timeshare part of Diamond International Resorts?

lanihaili

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Windjammer, Kaanapali Beach Club
(post deleted)

Welcome to TUG. Since ads or "want to buy" is not allowed in the discussion forums, you may contact any poster by clicking on their user name and sending a private message.
You may also post "wish" ads in the TUG Marketplace for timeshares you're interested in acquiring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tahiti Village Resort
Ok, great. Thanks for the interest. I will be posting the property in redweek, hopefully by this Sunday July 19th. Have to save up some money to pay for closing cost, and other fees associated with the property. I will keep you posted. Thanks