• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Existing owner of 15,000 Bluegreen Points that needs to rescind a new 20,000 point purchase.

sawblade5

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen 15,000 Points
On Wednesday, June 26, 2019. I bought 20,000 points at the Patrick Henry Square preview center in Williamsburg, VA to go to Gold Level and beat their so called hard points price freeze. Also with the promise of it being affordable after I find refinancing on the mortgages I got.

Now I ran into a snag in finding said refinancing and it will be impossible to keep up with the payments.

I can't find anything in my contract on how to rescind my purchase of the 20,000 points.

So what do I need to do to get out of this contract that I got 2 days ago?

Will Bluegreen revoke my Bronze level privileges with my current 15,000 points or evict me from the resort I am currently staying at?

I got a lot riding in this and hate to lose my 15,000 points I intend to keep, because I can't keep up with payments for that new 20,000 point purchase.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
read your sales contract you signed carefully, there should be a section hidden somewhere in there that provides the exact details on how to rescind your contract and where to mail the letter to etc.

rescinding whatever you signed 2 days ago will revert everything back to whatever you had prior to signing the contract.

dont delay, as the rescission period for Virginia is only 7 days (and weekends are included unless the 7th day is a sunday)

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
The instructions are right above your signature in bold type, do not delay. If you can't find it I will look in a FB group I belong to and see if I can find an address for you.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once you rescind everything will go back to the way it was before you signed for the new points. You will not be evicted and you will still have your account intact.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once you rescind think about buying resale for pennies on the dollar. It won't get you to gold but the gold benefits are not worth the $40,000 plus dollars it will cost you.

Just keep your cancellation letter simple, send a COPY of the contract and simply say you want to cancel, no need to give a reason. Send it certified with delivery signature since that is what Bg says they want you to do. Keep that receipt from the post office, if you ever need it for proof, send a copy, not the original.

Reactions: RX8

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I see another thread right below this one, you are not alone, read through it and you'll see that you will be OK once you send that letter.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Congrats on researching your way out.

Timeshares are great to have for making many memories with vacations but they are absolutely a horrible option if one has to finance it, or refinance an existing mortgage, in order to obtain it.

sawblade5

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen 15,000 Points
Congrats on researching your way out.

Timeshares are great to have for making many memories with vacations but they are absolutely a horrible option if one has to finance it, or refinance an existing mortgage, in order to obtain it.

TY, I love my 15,000 points I got. But these extra 20,000 points will not work if I can't afford to go on vacation to use em. Maybe down the road I might increase it if I need the points.

That leaves me a question if I buy points the Authorized Resale Agent Pinnacle, will it give me gold status if I buy my 20,000 points there or is there a better way? (I think I heard unauthorized resale points and a owner review point purchase might work.)

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
TY, I love my 15,000 points I got. But these extra 20,000 points will not work if I can't afford to go on vacation to use em. Maybe down the road I might increase it if I need the points.

That leaves me a question if I buy points the Authorized Resale Agent Pinnacle, will it give me gold status if I buy my 20,000 points there or is there a better way? (I think I heard unauthorized resale points and a owner review point purchase might work.)

Not sure what you mean by unauthorized resales. You can purchase resale and get most, if not all, of the privileges of buying direct. What all developers are good at is making tiers of ownership so they always have something to sell and hype with owners. The extra added perks are not worth thousands of dollars that it would cost over resale.

I am not familiar with Bluegreen and their gold status, hopefully one with experience will share. Not sure how much you were being charged but I did look at eBay for sold listings of 20K points. It ranged from $350 to $2500. The higher cost listings included all closing fees so total out of pocket was the bid price.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Rescission, by it's definition means to put your situation back to how it existed before this purchase was made. Like it never happened. Get the letter written and get it into the mail TODAY- USPS Certified.

You don't need to line another sales weasel's pockets. Points are points- regardless of where you buy them- or get them free! The only possible perk you might lose might be some nebulous 'VIP' status reserved for High Rollers who paid retail. Maybe worth something, but NOT $20,000!

Check eBay and the TUG Marketplace or Bargain Deals subforum and help someone else who wants(needs) out.

Jim

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Pinnacle is owned by Bg and therefore they call it the authorized resale agent. Yes, you can buy points from Pinnacle that will increase your metal status but you must look for listings that say "with charter benefits."

Lately you can buy cheaper from sales at the resorts than you can from Pinnacle. At Pinnacle they can currently sell as low as $1.88 per points for contracts with charter benefits. Sellers must pay a $2,000 sales commission upon sale so the prices get jacked up. Owners are reporting as low as $1.25 from the resort sales forces.

My question to you is why pay a minimum of $25,000 but more likely more than $40,000 to get what Gold level gets you? In my opinion you will never save enough with the so called "free weeks" or other benefits to ever break even with that kind of purchase. I only own resale pts with Bg and would never ever consider buying retail.

Since you already own qualified pts you can get bonus time at all resorts when available so ask yourself what added benefits you would get by going gold.