• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Executive Housing Strategies SCAM

Charles11png

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake Resort, Wyndham Palm-Aire
Hi everyone,

I received a call from someone from Executive Housing Strategies. He said he was affiliated with Wyndham Resorts but a third party company. He said they are a booking and concierge company that could rent out excess points for $2200 per 100k points. Sounded great and I agreed to a call, then they showed me to a website for Orlando chamber of commerce and their company website, all looking pretty legit. They said they would "register" me for the program and they would call me when they had a buyer, who would prepay for a week. I would have to respond to any offers within 48 hours. Then they hit me with the enrollment fee of $3k up front. Too many red flags so I refused. It would be worthwhile if they would actually deliver, but the contract has no guarantees and it started to smell like a scam. Who pays for rental listing services up front? I didn't agree to pay and eventually they got pushy and rude on the phone, so to me this is even more suspicious.

Has anyone else dealt with this company? I found on BBB and they are not certified but have 29 complaints since 2017. Sounds like they probably just rename the company every few years and start the scam all over. Most of the complaints have to do with a policy of having to make contact every 90 days or your account is suspended.

I'm specifically looking to see if anyone has anything good to say about them because if it's not legitimate everyone needs to know.

Also, does Wyndham sell owners info? I don't know how they got my name and number or how they knew I own Wyndham points.

Thanks.

Charles

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Hi everyone,

I received a call from someone from Executive Housing Solutions. He said he was affiliated with Wyndham Resorts but a third party company. He said they are a booking and concierge company that could rent out excess points for $2200 per 100k points. Sounded great and I agreed to a call, then they showed me to a website for Orlando chamber of commerce and their company website, all looking pretty legit. They said they would "register" me for the program and they would call me when they had a buyer, who would prepay for a week. I would have to respond to any offers within 48 hours. Then they hit me with the enrollment fee of $3k up front. Too many red flags so I refused. It would be worthwhile if they would actually deliver, but the contract has no guarantees and it started to smell like a scam. Who pays for rental listing services up front? I didn't agree to pay and eventually they got pushy and rude on the phone, so to me this is even more suspicious.

Has anyone else dealt with this company? I found on BBB and they are not certified but have 29 complaints since 2017. Sounds like they probably just rename the company every few years and start the scam all over. Most of the complaints have to do with a policy of having to make contact every 90 days or your account is suspended.

I'm specifically looking to see if anyone has anything good to say about them because if it's not legitimate everyone needs to know.

Also, does Wyndham sell owners info? I don't know how they got my name and number or how they knew I own Wyndham points.

Thanks.

Charles

Haven't been contacted by them or heard of them, but it happens all the time with my Mexican RTU TS. Generally the sales folks there seem to copy down customers' information when they leave the company; Wyndham has a bunch of sales representatives that are likely furloughed right now so something similar could be happening.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

Charles

There is a black market for timeshare ownership info. As you noted, knowing that someone has a specific membership can add "credibility" in a phone call or message.

I know that Diamond and Raintree both have leaks. In both cases one time I gave reservations staff a work telephone number to use as details of some reservations were being worked out. I've never used that phone number in any other contacts or information with the resorts.

Both times, not long afterward I started getting calls on my work number about those ownerships.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I think you mean Executive Housing Strategies?

This is an advertising and listing company. They charge big bucks upfront making promises that buyers are waiting to pay you to rent your timeshare. In looking at their website I don’t even see how one can search for a timeshare rental. They are in it for the upfront fee and could care less what happens after that. They have some glowing reviews on the BBB but anyone who cold calls and lies certainly wouldn’t think twice about posting false reviews.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Hi everyone,

I received a call from someone from Executive Housing Solutions. He said he was affiliated with Wyndham Resorts but a third party company. He said they are a booking and concierge company that could rent out excess points for $2200 per 100k points. Sounded great and I agreed to a call, then they showed me to a website for Orlando chamber of commerce and their company website, all looking pretty legit. They said they would "register" me for the program and they would call me when they had a buyer, who would prepay for a week. I would have to respond to any offers within 48 hours. Then they hit me with the enrollment fee of $3k up front. Too many red flags so I refused. It would be worthwhile if they would actually deliver, but the contract has no guarantees and it started to smell like a scam. Who pays for rental listing services up front? I didn't agree to pay and eventually they got pushy and rude on the phone, so to me this is even more suspicious.

Thanks.

Charles

First, the only rental company Wyndham accepts is Extra Holidays because it's their program. They do not work with anyone else. Second, the directory says the program is for the owner's use and enjoyment and not for commercial purposes. I did confirm with an executive that they are ok with owners occasionally renting out their points. The key point is that it's the Owner renting, not a commercial company, and it's "occasional". The easiest way to block a company from renting their points is to suspend the user's accounts they are renting from. You don't want to get caught in that mess. Finally, many of these companies ask for your user name and password so they can make the reservations. That's against the terms of use for the site. Sharing your login info to a third party can result in suspension or termination of the online account. If that happens, you'll have to call in every time you make a reservation. I want to say it's section 6, paragraph 3 of the terms of use that talks about sharing login info with a third party. The points manager and rental companies know this but don't tell you because it would scare you away. They are not the ones who have to clean up the mess when your account gets suspended. They just move onto the next sucker. Don't bother with anyone who promises to rent your points.

Charles11png

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

This is an advertising and listing company. They charge big bucks upfront making promises that buyers are waiting to pay you to rent your timeshare. In looking at their website I don’t even see how one can search for a timeshare rental. They are in it for the upfront fee and could care less what happens after that. They have some glowing reviews on the BBB but anyone who cold calls and lies certainly wouldn’t think twice about posting false reviews.
Yes, my mistake Executive Housing Strategies. They claim they do presentations with corporate clients who book rooms for conventions, hence their website wouldn't be the source of their leads. Overall I would say this is a really believable scheme with answers for a lot of questions but I just can't trust forking over a couple thousand dollars on hoping someone isn't full of nonsense.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Yes, my mistake Executive Housing Strategies. They claim they do presentations with corporate clients who book rooms for conventions, hence their website wouldn't be the source of their leads. Overall I would say this is a really believable scheme with answers for a lot of questions but I just can't trust forking over a couple thousand dollars on hoping someone isn't full of nonsense.

These advertising / listing companies toe the line of being a full blown scammer. They do offer a service, a crappy service of an ad on a website, so they are providing something for the thousands of dollars. They cross the line into scammer territory by cold calling, ignoring DNR laws, and lying to people to get their upfront fee.

These scammers have been using the “booking for corporate clients” lie for years. It is hard enough to book one room let along multiple rooms. Corporations just do not rent timeshares. It should be pointed out that this company rents nothing. Their website disclosures state that clients pay for an ad and all they do is forward offers. Nothing more.

What makes this company different than the other advertising companies, something I have never seen before, is that they have ZERO ads on their website. For all we know they collect the upfront fee and don’t even create the ad. This company’s success is determined how many upfront fees they can collect. They get all their revenue from the fee and have zero incentive to ensure something rents or sells. In fact, it would be an annoyance to have to forward an offer because it takes away from the cold calls for upfront fees.

This one smells real bad.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

This is an old scam pitch - it has been around for at least fifteen years.

It sounds plausible on the surface, but without going into the details, there is pretty much no market for corporations looking to rent timeshares for convention rooms, or for rental agencies to do presentations to those clients for room rentals.

That's not to say it doesn't happen. Personally I have rented timeshares where I have been attending a conference and there are timeshare rentals that are near enough to make that an option. I have clients who also do the same. We've even shared rooms on occasion. But when we do so, we are invariably going through VRBO, AirBnB, or direct listings on TUG or similar sites. But that's a pretty small market.

Charles11png

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, good to know I made the right choice. The "too good to be true" addage proves right again. When I was on the phone I did search Google, bbb, and TUG for this company, but really only found useful info on the BBB site. Hopefully whoever else they call will do the same and maybe even read through this thread. Shame there are people so unscrupulous out there.

Reactions: RX8

Charles11png

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Edited the original post for accuracy and in hopes of improving search engine hits. *thanks*

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its just another shark in the water. The Timeshare business is full of sharks and scammers looking to take your money. From the parking pass desk to the exit teams.

sbsdls

TUG Member
Reaction score
Executive Housing is definitely a SCAM! They called my yesterday and I was curious so I spoke to them and it turns... That for a small fee of $2999 they will find a renter for your timeshare, in my case it was Marriott vacation club. If you look at the Orlando Better Business Bureau website they have dozens and dozens of complaints and Against them. Take people's money and then they disappear.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Anyone can start a timeshare advertising company, including criminals. 98% of these companies are fly-by-night operations being run by who knows who and are simply stealing money from people.

In looking at their poorly designed website one can search properties but if you see one of the overpriced rentals you might be interested in there is no way to click on it to give an offer, or even ask questions. This just proves that they WANT the upfront fee and everything else, like forwarding real offers, is annoying to them and gets in the way of their real business which is cold calling for dollars.