• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchanging with VSE in II/RCI

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Is SSR 52+ TPUs?
When we had our HGVC RCI account, we could see Disney. Shoulder season and sporadic. Now w/ my Independent, I don’t even try. Requires too many TPUs. Plus RCI tinkers w/ TPUs.
RCI seems kind is shady, changing TPU’s, people being worried about posting here because RCI would manipulate resort trading status etc. seems like a lot of trouble for resorts that are mediocre within RCI. I like the resort choices with Interval. If Disney was in interval life would be grand.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
It would definitely be a points contract. If you look at the sightings, the points contract w/ Platinum RCI is pulling. Grandview w/ at least 80-100k.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
we have Vistana weeks that are enrolled in both RCI and II. We will likely not renew RCI, it is not worth it for us when I compare what I can get in II with the same deposit. The other problem in RCI is that I cannot see the inventory unless i deposit. This is a catch 22, I do not want to deposit and miss all the opportunities in Interval. But I know for a fact from the Sightings forum, even if I deposited my week in RCI, I would not have enough TP for anything half decent except the discounted last minute deals.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
we have Vistana weeks that are enrolled in both RCI and II. We will likely not renew RCI, it is not worth it for us when I compare what I can get in II with the same deposit. The other problem in RCI is that I cannot see the inventory unless i deposit. This is a catch 22, I do not want to deposit and miss all the opportunities in Interval. But I know for a fact from the Sightings forum, even if I deposited my week in RCI, I would not have enough TP for anything half decent except the discounted last minute deals.
So don’t enroll VSE units. Seems like HGVC gets good pulls

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I honestly want to dump my RCI. I haven’t had any luck.

tshd

Reaction score
RCI really isn't like II in week for week exchanges and some good finds last minute. You'd most likely need to combine weeks to get enough TPUs to book DVC as others have said. And you'd still need to book way in advance since I've rarely ever seen DVC in weeks inventory and then only SSR. You'd be better off buying a small DVC contract, since SSR and OKW are typically available last minute anyway or rent from an owner here or on Mouseowners.com You would need to plan ahead though if you are particular about which DVC resort you stay besides SSR/OKW and especially during holidays/special events. DVC used to be in II but I think since II was only weeks at the time and RCI and DVC were points based, RCI may have been a better fit. I personally would never deposit my DVC in RCI since there really aren't any comparable resorts in RCI inventory, so I feel like any inventory is probably just corporate owned excess inventory. Just my gut feeling though.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you buy a 98,000 RCI points annual contract for example, are you guaranteed the same number of points going forward?

Has RCI ever adjusted the RCI points grid? I know that this is very frequent at RCI weeks but I am not sure how it works on the points side.