• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchanging with VSE in II/RCI

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Are there any resorts that I can hold in both II and RCI at the same time? I’d like a trader that I can use to get DVC resorts last minute and now the new MVC priority through II. Is it worth it?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Anyone know which VSE resorts can trade into RCI.

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
Sheraton Broadway Plantation

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Sheraton Desert Oasis SDO and Sheraton Vistana resort SVR also trade in both RCI and II

quhines

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview (RCI Points)
Vacation Village @Weston (RCI Points)
HGVC Tuscany
Sheraton Desert Oasis is also Dual Affiliated

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Sheraton Desert Oasis SDO and Sheraton Vistana resort SVR also trade in both RCI and II
Can I keep them enrolled in both at the same time? Is SDO a good trader in RCI for DVC availability? I’d buy a DVC but rarely book at 7 months out so it’s pointless to spend that much money and have the same availability as an RCI trader would have at a few months out.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Do you have experience with RCI? Exchanging with RCI seems so much more difficult than II. It seems you have to book a week then deposit once it’s booked at 10-9 months in advance? Having a higher demand week booked makes a difference as to what you get In exchange?

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Can I keep them enrolled in both at the same time? Is SDO a good trader in RCI for DVC availability? I’d buy a DVC but rarely book at 7 months out so it’s pointless to spend that much money and have the same availability as an RCI trader would have at a few months out.

I've never tried to have my SVR unit in both RCI and II at the same time. Possibly if it was in RCI weeks, but definitely not in RCI points. IMO, I think SDO would be a better trader than SVR.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I've never tried to have my SVR unit in both RCI and II at the same time. Possibly if it was in RCI weeks, but definitely not in RCI points. IMO, I think SDO would be a better trader than SVR.
I would think the same thing. Since I own SVV already I don’t think SVR would be ideal, not to mention SDO May show better results in II. The goal for RCI Is strictly DVC.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You can enroll any of those 3 resorts in both if you wanted to although deposit in one or the other on any given year. They cannot be enrolled in VSE in order to deposit with RCI. I don't think any will get enough tpu's (trading power units) for DVC without combining multiple units unless you happen to catch a fairly late cancellation. I would expect those resorts to get 16-26 tpu's per unit and you probably need 30-45 for most DVC deposits.

Don't forget that you would have to pay for both the rci and II account unless you already have accounts you pay for. You can't deposit a voluntary resort in your corporate VSE account.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
You can enroll any of those 3 resorts in both if you wanted to although deposit in one or the other on any given year. They cannot be enrolled in VSE in order to deposit with RCI. I don't think any will get enough tpu's (trading power units) for DVC without combining multiple units unless you happen to catch a fairly late cancellation. I would expect those resorts to get 16-26 tpu's per unit and you probably need 30-45 for most DVC deposits.

Don't forget that you would have to pay for both the rci and II account unless you already have accounts you pay for. You can't deposit a voluntary resort in your corporate VSE account.
Hmm. SDO would be that low? Well that makes it sort of difficult. My ideal situation would be to pick up an EOY unit and deposit the one bedroom EOY. I guess I’ll stick to cheap Marriott getaways lol

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Hmm. SDO would be that low? Well that makes it sort of difficult. My ideal situation would be to pick up an EOY unit and deposit the one bedroom EOY. I guess I’ll stick to cheap Marriott getaways lol
Yes you get a blended value and they don't give you that much more for a 1 BR vs 2 BR so if you split and deposited both sides and then paid to combine, which currently is around $138 for one year and $207 for two years but in either case you would lose time on your exchange window, you would probably have enough. It's just not ideal to maintain an rci account to exchange a single VSE week and even less so for an every other year.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
You should consider a different trader for RCI. Generally Vistana resorts don’t get good TPU. If you just want DVC, renting might be the easiest way to go.

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
Do you have experience with RCI? Exchanging with RCI seems so much more difficult than II. It seems you have to book a week then deposit once it’s booked at 10-9 months in advance? Having a higher demand week booked makes a difference as to what you get In exchange?
nope, but I asked about it in a different thread and TUG members told me my 2BR SBP wouldn't give me enough TPU in RCI to even get me a 1BR at Disney's SSR. so, I'm sticking with II. (wow, so many acronyms. I've been on TUG too long :) )

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
nope, but I asked about it in a different thread and TUG members told me my 2BR SBP wouldn't give me enough TPU in RCI to even get me a 1BR at Disney's SSR. so, I'm sticking with II. (wow, so many acronyms. I've been on TUG too long :) )
Yeah I guess that’s feedback. Not enough TPU with vistana and I’d feel comfortable owning vistana lol

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
You should consider a different trader for RCI. Generally Vistana resorts don’t get good TPU. If you just want DVC, renting might be the easiest way to go.
What resort with a low MF will get good TPU for a Disney week? If I rent 3 times I may as well buy a small resale contact lol.

blondietink

Reaction score
It has become increasingly difficult to trade into DVC. However, with Riviera resort recently opened, they might dump some units from there into RCI to get the place filled and/or then create openings in SSR or OKW.

FamilyEsq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ESJ - Puerto Rico
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas North
Why don't you consider a Grandview points contract? You can pick up a 98k annual contract for free. The MF is approximately $830 annually. You should be able to book a 1 bedroom at DVC easily with 98k points. If you want to spend $1,500.00, you can purchase a 122k annual Grandview contract.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What resort with a low MF will get good TPU for a Disney week? If I rent 3 times I may as well buy a small resale contact lol.
I'm not too familiar with RCI, and I know some gems are out there but just no one wants to share. Why not consider Grandview Las Vegas points week. I believe you can get 122000 points for less than $800 annual fees and the entry price is reasonable for around $2500-3000. You can get a lot DVC for these points.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The only problem I see for the OP with Grandview points, is that it is rci only, and it requires an rci points account which would be another $110 ish per year with multi year membership. The OP is sometimes looking to exchange into DVC but doesn't necessarily want to always maintain the rci account.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I'm not too familiar with RCI, and I know some gems are out there but just no one wants to share. Why not consider Grandview Las Vegas points week. I believe you can get 122000 points for less than $800 annual fees and the entry price is reasonable for around $2500-3000. You can get a lot DVC for these points.
Yeah everyone is tight lipped on what to get. Meanwhile on the Interval/VSE/MVC side there is plenty of information sharing lol. I was reading a thread back from 2011 and even then everyone was saying “they don’t share what they own” lol. Why bother joining tug then haha

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yeah everyone is tight lipped on what to get. Meanwhile on the Interval/VSE/MVC side there is plenty of information sharing lol. I was reading a thread back from 2011 and even then everyone was saying “they don’t share what they own” lol. Why bother joining tug then haha
Well it makes sense from owner's prospective why they don't share. The more people get into these resorts and use as traders, the more devaluation will be at these resorts. So I understand why people just keep these to themselves in RCI.

schenriq

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own both SDO (Plat) and SBP (Gold+). Initially, we exchange with II alone but since we got a free (with Wyndham program fee) RCI acct., I have been depositing my SBP with RCI and renting out the SDO. SBP 1BR_B-side is worth TPUs in the mid-20s.

I will definitely combine the credits from both of them --if-- I need a DVC week. Never have done it though as I did the math and it would be more cost effective to use my Wyndham points for DVC. No split-fee and no combine-fee but a fixed grid of point requirement but then again no II access either. YMMV.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Well it makes sense from owner's prospective why they don't share. The more people get into these resorts and use as traders, the more devaluation will be at these resorts. So I understand why people just keep these to themselves in RCI.
Well them someone can just tell me secretly lol

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Is SSR 52+ TPUs?
When we had our HGVC RCI account, we could see Disney. Shoulder season and sporadic. Now w/ my Independent, I don’t even try. Requires too many TPUs. Plus RCI tinkers w/ TPUs.