• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchanging to Australia

JT62

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to get an exchange to Australia next summer...check in between August 7-9. I just started an ongoing search with RCI, but could also deposit a week with DAE.

I specifically need Sydney, so I am wondering how hard of an exchange this will be (if anyone knows).

Thanks

JT

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
Requesting a week with DAE should be your high priority as they usually have a good Australian inventory. If you mean specifically a Sydney timeshare you should email DAE to find out what are the chances they may have one in the city. We have exchanged with II into two places on the Australian Gold Coast north of Sydney as well as into one near Melbourne, Victoria. I know that Accor Premiere Vacation Club has T/S units in Sydney as well as in several other places around Australia. I have no info about the quality of these units but you may be able to get some info on www.apvc.com.au

K.

CarolF

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know that Accor Premiere Vacation Club has T/S units in Sydney as well as in several other places around Australia. I have no info about the quality of these units but you may be able to get some info on www.apvc.com.au

K.

The Accor Vacation Club is relatively new and has some of the better quality timeshares in Australia. They have "Grand Mercure Apartments, Pinnacle Apartments, Darling Harbour" in Sydney and trade through II.

Last edited:

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
But none are in Sydney.

I also think overall DAE is your best option.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
DAE is probably the best bet for Australia, but you might also want to look at the other indepedent that is active in Oz, Interchange, www.interchange-timeshare.com.au Like DAE it has free membership and a request first system.

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Manly National Apartments

DAE got me an exchange into Manly National Apartments within 2 days of my request. You don't have to make a deposit with DAE in order to place a request. This timeshare is in the seaside resort of Manly, just a short ferry ride Sidney. It is not a luxury resort (it's an apartment), but we enjoyed staying there and found it very pleasant and convenient. My review is the one from October 14, 2005.

geekette

Reaction score
Another vote for DAE. plus, you don't have to deposit until they find you an exchange.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Call them and they will personally talk with you with PERSONAL knowledge about the resorts - unlike RCI VC's.
Donita herself told us about Manly apts and that was exactly how it worked...and staying there was great for Sydney. Like Judy we got our exchange within 2 days.