• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchanging through II with HICV

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holliday Inn Club Vacations
Does anyone have any experience exchanging through II with Holiday Inn Club points? Can you access the inventory and see stuff available like in RCI or do you have to call them? How is the trading power?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Does anyone have any experience exchanging through II with Holiday Inn Club points? Can you access the inventory and see stuff available like in RCI or do you have to call them? How is the trading power?
II isn't an option for most HICV owners. Only if your deed or contract is at a specific resort can you use II. The 3 you have listed do not qualify for use with II. Williamsburg, the lake Tahoe resorts, David Waley's and New Orleans are the ones associated with II. Like RCI with HICV points there isn't trading power; If you have enough points for the size and season (based on a travelers demand index) and the week has been deposited then you can exchange for it. If you purchase trust points associated with one of those than you would be able to access II.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
I have both RCI and II. They are comparable in their feature set. Personally I think II has more upscale resorts. I've been a little disappointed in how HICV trades in RCI point wise. For a two bedroom at resorts I was looking at it was 189,000 points but WM only requires 12,000 for the same property. I would put 12,000 WM equal to about 160,000 HICV points. The nice thing is you get both RCI weeks and Points with HICV.

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
I have both RCI and II. They are comparable in their feature set. Personally I think II has more upscale resorts. I've been a little disappointed in how HICV trades in RCI point wise. For a two bedroom at resorts I was looking at it was 189,000 points but WM only requires 12,000 for the same property. I would put 12,000 WM equal to about 160,000 HICV points. The nice thing is you get both RCI weeks and Points with HICV.
For II I dont like the fact that you dont get a rebate like you do with RCI depending on your club level

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
II isn't an option for most HICV owners. Only if your deed or contract is at a specific resort can you use II. The 3 you have listed do not qualify for use with II. Williamsburg, the lake Tahoe resorts, David Waley's and New Orleans are the ones associated with II. Like RCI with HICV points there isn't trading power; If you have enough points for the size and season (based on a travelers demand index) and the week has been deposited then you can exchange for it. If you purchase trust points associated with one of those than you would be able to access II.

I'm surprised they put New Orleans in II as a new development.

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just bought 30,000 trust points deeded at Lake Tahoe so once my account gets updated I will have access. So will I be able to log onto II and search inventory just like i can now in RCI or do I have to call a counselor?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I just bought 30,000 trust points deeded at Lake Tahoe so once my account gets updated I will have access. So will I be able to log onto II and search inventory just like i can now in RCI or do I have to call a counselor?
You should have portal access through HICV the same way you do with RCI.

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You should have portal access through HICV the same way you do with RCI.
Ok that's great. Looking forward to messing with II.