• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchanging Into Interval

TBipp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House and Windward Pointe, Key West, FL
The Banyan Resort, Key West, FL
We would like to exchange our Week 6 Key West into Week 6 St. Maarten in 2021. We received our CUP for Week 6 2021 today. I immediately went to II to request an exchange. When I enter an exchange request in II, only my 2020 weeks show up and not my 2021.

I tried to enter an OGE and the following message appeared: "The following resort(s) are not available during the selected travel window, or have been removed based on your relinquishment." Is this message because my 2020 weeks are already reserved?

I'm unsure of how to proceed at this point. I don't want to put my points into EEE at this time because if we do not get a St. Maarten week, we probably will keep our KW week.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
As I understand, you would have to prepay 2021 to then deposit into II.
Or you use 2020 and purchase EPlus to eventually trade into 2021. That’s how I am having to handle our 2020 that I could not use.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Is there a benefit to depositing in II? I always wait until I see something I like then release my points to interval, unless I have leftover points I'm not using

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a benefit to depositing in II? I always wait until I see something I like then release my points to interval, unless I have leftover points I'm not using

I can see a case where you know you will not be able to use the points this year, but might next year. Drop them into II and get some extra time out of them.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I’ve only deposited if I couldn’t use the week and the points would become restricted or if I decide I may as well get different resorts for a change. Was able to get Marriott Aruba ocean club with an exchange.

mrichards

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside at Atlantis
I’ve only deposited if I couldn’t use the week and the points would become restricted or if I decide I may as well get different resorts for a change. Was able to get Marriott Aruba ocean club with an exchange.
How were you able to get Marriott? I deposited to II last year and want to use it for next year, with Marriott Aruba Ocean Club being my number one choice.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
How were you able to get Marriott? I deposited to II last year and want to use it for next year, with Marriott Aruba Ocean Club being my number one choice.
One was on ongoing search and the other was found here in sightings, I then went in and searched using exchange and I booked a week available and used my deposited week.

TBipp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for your help. I paid for my 2021 week so it is available for exchanging into Interval in February 2021. When the resort was unavailable, I attempted to place an ongoing search and now I receive this message, "The following resort(s) are not available during the selected travel window, or have been removed based on your relinquishment."

Does this mean the resort is never available during that travel window or its just not available yet? And, does anyone know what "been removed based on your relinquishment" means?

I'm on hold right now hoping to find the answer and if I get one, I will let you all know.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your help. I paid for my 2021 week so it is available for exchanging into Interval in February 2021. When the resort was unavailable, I attempted to place an ongoing search and now I receive this message, "The following resort(s) are not available during the selected travel window, or have been removed based on your relinquishment."

Does this mean the resort is never available during that travel window or its just not available yet? And, does anyone know what "been removed based on your relinquishment" means?

I'm on hold right now hoping to find the answer and if I get one, I will let you all know.
Were you trying to get a Hyatt week with an II exchange? That would explain it.

TBipp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm exchanging my Hyatt week for an II exchange. I just got off the phone and they said because I only put in for 1 week, and one resort, the request is invalid. One must put in at least a 3 week period for popular resorts. However, that did not work either so back on the phone again.

TBipp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have learned that resorts can opt out of being on the Interval wait list. If one looks for a resort and it is unavailable for the week(s) you want, the only way you can get that week is to go online and continually look as they cannot be wait listed.

bobby111

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
II exchange’s are a little frustrating nowadays. I used to get just about anything with very little effort on my part - they wanted the Hyatt weeks so badly. Now with the changes in ownership, it is much more difficult to get what you want with the II exchange. You have to be more flexible. Or rent out your deeded week and rent where you want go. That is what I did one year for 4th of July one year. I wanted Marco Island, Sanibel or Captiva. I waited 12 months - gave up and rented a week from an owner at a beautiful resort on Marco Island. I think it was actually a RCI property - but it was beautiful. We rented for just a little more then our MF in Key West. Rented the Key West week and paid for the Marco Island. Definitely more trouble, but we got what we wanted.