• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchanging HRC

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
Hello!

I have started to be on the lookout for a good deal on a 2b platinum unit at HRC Piñon Pointe, and I was wondering if it would be the right resort and type of unit for me.

Below is my thinking with this unit, and I would like for someone to maybe confirm if I am on the right track, or if I should look for another option.

I am currently a HICV owner, and I have had access to the standard RCI with a fix week in Destin that I just sold. So I have a lot covered with what I currently own. But I am missing more options on the luxury/boutique resorts. I have studied the HRC system, and I think is a very fair system to use with some limitations compared to HICV. So with HRC Piñon Pointe is to exchange within the HRC system, as I could see myself using 2/4 days stays at San Antonio, Coconut Plantation, and Siesta key (very hard I have read), at the lowest MFs. However the main thing is to have access II.

I have seen screenshots that with the 2000 points I would have a lot of options and flexibility with II, like being able to exchange for 4 studios or 2 one bedroom units with those points. So, would this be a good starting resort for what I am looking for or is there something better?

Also, I really like the Westin Lagunamar, and that is the reason I narrow it to HRC being the best option. Lagunamar is Voluntary resort and MFs appear to be high. I did not like Vistana's other offerings either. So I would like to know how is the availability of Westin Lagunamar on II for a high season. If you have had any experience exchanging here, or any tips if not always available.

Thanks!

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Hello!

I have started to be on the lookout for a good deal on a 2b platinum unit at HRC Piñon Pointe, and I was wondering if it would be the right resort and type of unit for me.

Below is my thinking with this unit, and I would like for someone to maybe confirm if I am on the right track, or if I should look for another option.

I am currently a HICV owner, and I have had access to the standard RCI with a fix week in Destin that I just sold. So I have a lot covered with what I currently own. But I am missing more options on the luxury/boutique resorts. I have studied the HRC system, and I think is a very fair system to use with some limitations compared to HICV. So with HRC Piñon Pointe is to exchange within the HRC system, as I could see myself using 2/4 days stays at San Antonio, Coconut Plantation, and Siesta key (very hard I have read), at the lowest MFs. However the main thing is to have access II.

I have seen screenshots that with the 2000 points I would have a lot of options and flexibility with II, like being able to exchange for 4 studios or 2 one bedroom units with those points. So, would this be a good starting resort for what I am looking for or is there something better?

Also, I really like the Westin Lagunamar, and that is the reason I narrow it to HRC being the best option. Lagunamar is Voluntary resort and MFs appear to be high. I did not like Vistana's other offerings either. So I would like to know how is the availability of Westin Lagunamar on II for a high season. If you have had any experience exchanging here, or any tips if not always available.

Thanks!

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
Not sure if you wrote something, but I can not see it.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We exchange into Lagunamar every year in interval . We have been able to reserve in spring summer and fall fairly easily but have not tried winter so can't speak to that. I imagine it would be more challenging. We own with Vistana but always use our Hyatt points to exchange in II as we save our Westin SOs for Hawaii and it is a better value to use Hyatt points

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
We exchange into Lagunamar every year in interval . We have been able to reserve in spring summer and fall fairly easily but have not tried winter so can't speak to that. I imagine it would be more challenging. We own with Vistana but always use our Hyatt points to exchange in II as we save our Westin SOs for Hawaii and it is a better value to use Hyatt points
Thanks for your response and for confirming availability on Lagunamar with a Hyatt unit!
I see you also own at Pinon Pointe. Would you consider this to be a good to great trader, or if you have to do it again, would you look for a different trader?

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for your response and for confirming availability on Lagunamar with a Hyatt unit!
I see you also own at Pinon Pointe. Would you consider this to be a good to great trader, or if you have to do it again, would you look for a different trader?
Well we just bought another Pinon Pointe week so I guess that answers your question
Right now it is a great trader
Not sure how Marriott will change things up but we are beyond happy right now

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
Well we just bought another Pinon Pointe week so I guess that answers your question

Great! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef

Congrats on your new Hyatt purchase. How many Hyatt’s do you own?

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
I wanted to do a follow up to my original post. I did not go for HRC unit or HRC Pinon Pointe. I decided to go with Worldmark, mostly because it opened up the west coast resorts to what I already have with HICV, it is a very flexibility system, and it works well as a trader in II with good MFs.

I am happy to say that yesterday my II account was setup, and this morning I logged in to try exchanging, and I am able to exchange 2 studio units in WM for 2 1br units in Lagunamar (WLR) for a red season. So I am happy about that, as that was one of the resorts that I wanted to trade for without buying into it.

I will still consider HRC in the future, as the resorts in the system are on the high end and have desirable locations.

Hope this info helps someone that was trying to figure out trading options for II.

Last edited: