• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchanging HRC in II w/ CUP Points

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I have to trade this years week however I want to travel 2021-2022. I see that I can trade into 2 bdrm and then purchase Etrade. Can I setup an OGS as well instead or will this cause me to lose my points?

First time trading HRC

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
You can move your CUP points to EEE. That way you extend the life of those points by two years, but the move is irreversible. Once points are in EEE, they can only be used for II exchanges.

Another option is to start an OGS without moving points to EEE. Your points will remain in CUP until there is a match, or until your CUP points expire, whatever comes first. This way you keep your options open since points remain in CUP, but their life before expiration is short.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
@echino Thanks. Looks like I will need to move them now soon since it’s week 11.

since one request will not use all my points, will O need to pay for 2 separate trades as well as E trade?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
@echino Thanks. Looks like I will need to move them now soon since it’s week 11.

since one request will not use all my points, will O need to pay for 2 separate trades as well as E trade?

If it's week 11, then it's too late to move CUP point to EEE. The deadline is 4 months before your deeded week.

Your only option is to use your CUP points to exchange. You can start an OGS, and when there is a match, your CUP points will be used to confirm an exchange. If OGS does not match before CUP points expire, then a couple of days before the deadline just go ahead and manually confirm an exchange to any available week in II and then purchase an ePlus.

Islnd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just curious what is ETRADE ?

Also, I used some CUP points in HRC and have leftover points that (1) are not enough to get into other HRC units and short by about 20 points to get a 1bdrm at II in Red Time.

My question is can I buy 20 XTRA Points to use in II? If not, I guess my leftover CUP points go into II and I have two years to use if I can accumulate fast enough within II in the next two years or else I lose them. Correct?

Thanks Much

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
In II, you can purchase ETrade to exchange an additional 3x. That’s how you can extend your exchange