• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchanging Flex in II

The Haileys

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Sheraton Flex Sheraton Vistana Villages - Bella EY
Is there a FAQ specifically for trading Flex in II? I kinda get how to trade a week - deposit, pay, search, and hope for the best, which I why I haven't pursued it any further. But it appears that with Flex, it's a point exchange - click Vacation Exchange, search, find a resort and pay. What I don't understand is the points. We own 81K Home Options. Many of the resorts show 44K for the exchange. Would that mean I would pay for the other resort with 44K of my 81K Home Options (plus exchange fee)?

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Is there a FAQ specifically for trading Flex in II? I kinda get how to trade a week - deposit, pay, search, and hope for the best, which I why I haven't pursued it any further. But it appears that with Flex, it's a point exchange - click Vacation Exchange, search, find a resort and pay. What I don't understand is the points. We own 81K Hope Options. Many of the resorts show 44K for the exchange. Would that mean I would pay for the other resort with 44K of my 81K Home Options (plus exchange fee)?
Sounds like when they verify the amount of options in your account with vistana it would deduct 44 K leaving you with 37K left over SO to book within vistana

Last edited:

quhines

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview (RCI Points)
Vacation Village @Weston (RCI Points)
HGVC Tuscany
That will be exactly how it works.

SGould

TUG Member
Reaction score
My issue is when I go to vacation exchange my Westin Flex is not an option to choose just my week ownership. I do not understand how to search and exchange with Flex.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
My Hyatt exchanges in points not week. In my corporate account I indicate I want to exchange. Then I have to indicate how many points I want to use to start the exchange. I always add Eplus cause you just never know.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
My issue is when I go to vacation exchange my Westin Flex is not an option to choose just my week ownership. I do not understand how to search and exchange with Flex.
Depends on your week ownership. Is it a voluntary week purchased on resale or mandatory? Did you buy flex resale or through developer? One may be in a corporate account while the other has to be in a separate account. If they are both in a corporate account it could just be they haven’t been added to your interval account. It happened to me when I bought mandatory resale. It never showed up, I contacted vistana and they were able to link the ownership to my current interval account. Took a few days then it showed up.

lorenmd

TUG Member
Reaction score
so as an aside. if i buy sheraton flex on the resale market what restrictions do i have in II? what restrictions do i have booking directly with vistana? thanks

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
so as an aside. if i buy sheraton flex on the resale market what restrictions do i have in II? what restrictions do i have booking directly with vistana? thanks
Like all resale they don't count toward status. Flex doesn't become StarOptions at 8 months. They remain flex options. I don't think there would be any additional restrictions when using with II.

I am not sure if the rules about banking and borrowing change for resale flex owners. I would imagine not but some other systems are starting to sell their trust points with additional restrictions for resale trust points so you may want to have that clarified if it matters to you.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
No restrictions on trading into II.
Booking with SFlex in Vistana will be limited to those home resorts in SFlex. No SO.
Since there are no SO on resale you can’t bank Flex points to a different year - you would have to trade through interval.

lorenmd

TUG Member
Reaction score
No restrictions on trading into II.
Booking with SFlex in Vistana will be limited to those home resorts in SFlex. No SO.
Since there are no SO on resale you can’t bank Flex points to a different year - you would have to trade through interval.
so if there are no SO on resale are there only Flex options? a resale of 44k flex options for $49. will get me a large one bedroom at SDO at 12 months through vistana correct? if i only want it for SDO i guess it would work but can i book hawaii through II at 12 months like they said i could?

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
The Flex HomeOptions chart is the same as the SO chart. 44k SFlex Options would get you a large 1BR only in Gold or Gold Plus season at 12 months. You would need 81k to get a large 1BR in plat season. Note that the Sheraton Kauai Resort is now part of SFlex, so you could book directly there at 12 months via Flex; however, you would probably want at least 81k to secure a 1BR (studio units are 67,100). You might be able to get something for 44k Flex options in II, but I have no experience in doing so.