• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchange to Europe

timesharer

Reaction score
When Dontia was with DAE, she actively obtained weeks for members.
For example, she had close relationship with some partners/resorts in Austria and could get weeks from them instead of passively waiting for these weeks to be deposited. Does DAE still provide this kind of service to fulfill member' requests?

Also, I noticed there are some weeks listed on the www.dialanexchange.com web site, but not on the www.daelive.com web site? Are the Europe deposit weeks given to the www.dialanexchange.com (Europe office) members first? If that is the case, it would be difficult for US members to get exchanged to the Europe weeks.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I would like to know the same info. I am signed up with DAE but have never deposited before. But I have some very good weeks I can deposit now, if I can be made to understand how and when inventory shows up for Europe. I'm looking to go in Sept and Oct 2011...and I'm mostly interested in Eastern Europe, France and Italy. Are there any incentives...like bonus weeks...for depositing a week first with DAE before requesting an exchange? TIA for advice!

Ask DAE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks for the inquiries. We do source weeks from both trading partners domestically and abroad as well as actively sourcing from our members when we have a request for a week we know a member owns.

Our site is www.daelive.com. The other site you mention in the thread is our UK Office site. We both have the same posted inventory available worldwide, but they do source many of the European weeks for us.

We do offer two deposit incentives. One is called Primetime Rewards. This rewards you for depositing what is on our list as "Primtetime" (Weeks in most demand from the member base at the time). If you deposit one of these weeks more than 6 months in advance you can earn a $1 exchange or a $99 last minute 7-day getaway.

Here are the current qualifications:

1. The deposit must be received further than 6 months from check in
2. It must be a 1 bedroom or better accommodation
3. It must be located:

Hawaii, All year
California Coastline, All year
San Francisco, All year (studios accepted)
Las Vegas, All year
Florida Keys, All year
Sedona, All year
Whistler, All year
Anaheim, All year
Cape Cod, Summer
New York, New York, All year
Quebec, Spring and Summer
Oregon Coast, Summer
Washington Coast, Summer
New Orleans, All year