• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchange into Whistler?

michael13

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw there are 17 Whistler properties in II but I can’t find any post talking about trading into those properties. Does anyone ever seen ski weeks in Whistler available in II? Maybe ski weeks in Whistler just too hard to get from trading?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Embarc makes bulk deposits which sometimes includes ski weeks in Whistler.

js203

TUG Member
Reaction score
You both have the same profile pic and for a minute I thought you were answering your own question lol !

Bill4728

Reaction score
Embarc trades almost mostly in RCI as do most of the other TS resorts in Whistler

You can sometimes see trades into Whistler in II when people like me, who own both the Mountainside (owned by Shell/Wyndham) and Embarc ( owned by DRI & HGVC) , trade as an individual in II.

Good luck

Please Note Embarc is AKA Club Intrawest

Last edited:

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Generally, I don't typically see Whistler weeks in II, mostly RCI. Other alternate sources for exchanging into Whistler is through Trading Places International (TPI). They actually have March week showing in their inventory right now. Also, if you happened to own a Grand Pacific Resorts resort, their internal exchange network (GPX) will occasionally have Embarc Whistler ski weeks too. However, I'm not sure that arrangement will continue with the HGVC acquisition - although there is a relationship between GPR and HGVC

robotilt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I traded a ski week in park city for a ski week in whistler a couple years ago. Mountainside resort. Would go again, but not this season, to much risk that canada will shut border again.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
I've traded into the Clocktower in March which is beside the gondola. It's a VI resort and I traded in from Diamond Resorts.

michael13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Embarc trades almost mostly in RCI as do most of the other TS resorts in Whistler

You can sometimes see trades into Whistler in II when people like me, who own both the Mountainside (owned by Shell/Wyndham) and Embarc ( owned by DRI & HGVC) , trade as an individual in II.

Good luck
Thanks for the info!

I did some search for RCI resort list and I do see several Embarc resorts in RCI but that's doesn't include the Whistler one. I guess Embarc Whistler traded exclusively in II? If this is the case I guess there is still a good chance to secure an Embarc Whistler week through II exchange?

Bill4728

Reaction score
The Embarc resort is the third resort listed for Whistler BUT listed as it's original name "Club Intrawest".

When DRI bought out the CI developers, they were forced to change the resort's names and choose Embarc. BUT it still is listed in many websites as Club Intrawest.

Jo Jo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Am I correct in assuming that Embarc is affiliated with both II and RCI? Should this be the case, … is one recommended over the other => given my interest is primarily trading into properties (ideally Hilton or Marriott) located in SE US (I.e. Florida & SC)?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
given my interest is primarily trading into properties (ideally Hilton or Marriott) located in SE US (I.e. Florida & SC)?

Using II or RCI to trade into Marriott or HGVC in FL or SC will be fairly difficult unless Orlando is all you need. You may want to consider a resale HGVC purchase or a Marriott legacy resale … which would give you better odds. In my view, HGVC probably offers more flexibility.

I am not an expert on Embarc but believe it mostly trades in II now. Per the post below, things are in flux and that could change.

Bill4728

Reaction score
At this time, I personally would not buy Embarc because they were bought by Diamond a few years ago, then Hilton Grand vacations (HGVC) bought Diamond and there is a new round of "what now?" .
Hilton is a great company but I'd stay away of buying Embarc unless you want to gamble a little. Embarc may work out great with HGVC and buying now may be much cheaper than when things are clearer.

Jo Jo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree with all … I am not looking to buy Embarc, as I already own In addition to a few Marriott properties. I have been enjoying the Embarc properties here in Canada, as they are very nice. Being recently retired, I am hoping to stretch Embarc value via joining II or RCI for more trips south (primarily Orlando).

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I am just adding that there are many condo rentals for Whistler at places like vrbo.

Bill

Bill4728

Reaction score
Am I correct in assuming that Embarc is affiliated with both II and RCI? Should this be the case, … is one recommended over the other => given my interest is primarily trading into properties (ideally Hilton or Marriott) located in SE US (I.e. Florida & SC)?
NO you're not right in assuming the Embarc trades in II and RCI. The official policy at Embarc is they trade in neither II or RCI but have their own in house trading company. BUT if you are a member of II, you can reserve a (sunday check-in) week at one of the three original Club Intrawest resorts and deposit that week in II. As far as RCI, RCI supports the in house trading company but I'm unsure of the rules.
IMHO, do not buy Embarc with the idea of trading in II or RCI.

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
Actually, things have changed now that they have added Destination Xchange as the "internal" exchange company. Embarc members can still trade in II using points however the II membership has to be bought separately and direct from II. Also, Interval has to check with Embarc for the points in the member's account, can take up to a week (no longer "instant" and directly connected). Members can also upgrade to gold or platinum levels no matter how many points they own, by simply paying for the "upgrade" in II itself.

Jo Jo

TUG Member
Reaction score
NO you're not right in assuming the Embarc trades in II and RCI. The official policy at Embarc is they trade in neither II or RCI but have their own in house trading company. BUT if you are a member of II, you can reserve a (sunday check-in) week at one of the three original Club Intrawest resorts and deposit that week in II. As far as RCI, RCI supports the in house trading company but I'm unsure of the rules.
IMHO, do not buy Embarc with the idea of trading in II or RCI.

i am planning on joining II for the first time since owning Intrawest/Embarc via resale … approximately 12 years ago. I would like to trade into Marriott properties (either 1 bdrm or studio) for off season (ie. April/May or Sept/Oct/Nov) in Orlando or South Carolina. Appreciate member’s recommendation for the Whistler and/or Tremblant deposits I should be making (ie. do I need to deposit a studio or 1bedroom, along with what months) ? As my wife and myself are both retired, we can be really flexible on the weeks we pick up via II. Thx.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
i am planning on joining II for the first time since owning Intrawest/Embarc via resale … approximately 12 years ago. I would like to trade into Marriott properties (either 1 bdrm or studio) for off season (ie. April/May or Sept/Oct/Nov) in Orlando or South Carolina. Appreciate member’s recommendation for the Whistler and/or Tremblant deposits I should be making (ie. do I need to deposit a studio or 1bedroom, along with what months) ? As my wife and myself are both retired, we can be really flexible on the weeks we pick up via II. Thx.

You will be better off reserving a peak ski week in Whistler and renting it out, then using cash to rent your desired week from owners. Or maybe doing a direct exchange here on TUG.

Jo Jo

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will be better off reserving a peak ski week in Whistler and renting it out, then using cash to rent your desired week from owners. Or maybe doing a direct exchange here on TUG.

Interested in your reason for suggesting this route … (I) Embarc not trade well on II vs (II) II member/transaction fees getting “up there” vs (iii) ?

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
Actually, things have changed now that they have added Destination Xchange as the "internal" exchange company. Embarc members can still trade in II using points however the II membership has to be bought separately and direct from II. Also, Interval has to check with Embarc for the points in the member's account, can take up to a week (no longer "instant" and directly connected). Members can also upgrade to gold or platinum levels no matter how many points they own, by simply paying for the "upgrade" in II itself.

This was not true for me, unless the rules changed after April 21st, when I made my latest Embarc Palm Desert deposit into II. I reserved the week online with Embarc, then deposited it online into II, and it took only a day or so to confirm the deposit. (But, as I said, this may have changed in the last month.)

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
This was not true for me, unless the rules changed after April 21st, when I made my latest Embarc Palm Desert deposit into II. I reserved the week online with Embarc, then deposited it online into II, and it took only a day or so to confirm the deposit. (But, as I said, this may have changed in the last month.)
That is because you were "grandfathered" from the period pre-2007(?) - when we were switched to RCI and then back to Interval. What I said applies to the vast majority of Embarc members now. Lucky you that it only took a day. Many members in our Facebook group confirm much longer waits.

Jo Jo

TUG Member
Reaction score

Which property (Whistler vs Palm Desert) in peak season trades better in II?

Bill4728

Reaction score
This will be hard to believe BUT the Embarc Whistler resort trades GREAT in II even with low season weeks deposited. I can only guess that II get so few deposits that they value them a great deal.

Jo Jo

TUG Member
Reaction score
This will be hard to believe BUT the Embarc Whistler resort trades GREAT in II even with low season weeks deposited. I can only guess that II get so few deposits that they value them a great deal.

Totally agree … I am seeing several Caribbean properties (including Marriott Aruba Surf & Ocean clubs, and Harborside) between now and EOY for my October studio deposit.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Whiski Jack resorts (and some resorts that used by Whiski Jack before they severed from Raintree) show up occasionally in RCI. I've done an RCI trade into Ironwood. You can see them if you look for Whistler Area resorts in the RCI directory.