• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchange Interval for DVC

jojuvan

Reaction score
We have owned a nice Wyndham resale contract for about 2 years. A big selling point for that was being able to exchange into RCI for DVC. Now that DVC is partnering with II, we are wanting to purchase another resale contact that will allow us to exchange into Interval. So my questions are:

1. What would be the cheapest way to join Interval? (Marriott, Vistana, Welk...etc.)?
2. How does the points/exchange system work for Interval in comparison to RCI? - For example, we have 308,000 Wyndham points. I can use 105,000 Wyndham points traded into RCI for a week at DVC. How does this scenario work with Interval?
3. What if I have an actual week with a timeshare company (say Marriott)? Do I have to use those actual week dates to book a DVC for that same week?

BONUS QUESTION: How long will DVC be offered still in RCI? I still see them popping up through July at this point. Will they be available through 2023?

We typically would be booking a 1 bedroom DVC, so we just need enough points to cover that through Interval.

Thank you!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I don't own II points or Marriott points or Vistana points. I do own floating weeks that I deposit into II and trade into Disney. I trade Sheraton Broadway Plantation (mostly) for the best exchanges. I have yet to trade into Disney since the change to II. I don't want summer weeks. The two-bedroom SBP lockoffs in summer season are the best. Vistana deposits a generic week with a combined trading power of what season you own. We own floating weeks 9-43 and 47. It doesn't matter if you own a week 9 or 43 or 27, the trading power is exactly the same.

Marriott resorts, I deposit prime summer weeks, which I reserve through Marriott for my season. We own Marriott's Willow Ridge in Branson. Great trading power for the lockoff units. I pay I think $90 extra for each week to "lock off" my unit for two sides of the lockoff and deposit each separately. Works great, but studios pull best with ongoing searches.

I have a very limited knowledge of trading power because I haven't bought a bunch of different Marriott and Vistana weeks. I know Sheraton Desert Oasis (we own two of those) and Sheraton Broadway Plantation (we own a lot of those), and Marriott's Willow Ridge, all of those trade in II for Disney. But that could change at any time.

Disney deposits in II in the past (before DVC went to RCI) have been tough to get for certain seasons. There are summer dates sitting online right now, but I don't go to Disney in summer. I think fall will be very tough to get and will require a 2 bedroom to get a 1 bedroom, if Disney even gives II fall weeks. Owners are having a tough time getting them. January and May will be easy.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Blue Ridge Village also trades into Disney, but what a ridiculous price to pay for a Disney exchange with the fees + special assessment they are charging owners after Bluegreen took over.

Ski-Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Grandview LV - Vacation Villages
@rickandcindy23 advice is bang on. I cannot speak to the ability to trade into DVC as I have not paid any attention. Our kids are grown so that is no longer within our interests.

I can echo rickandcindy 23 on Sheraton Desert Oasis ("SDO"). I own three weeks there, although I have yet to visit Arizona. It is a great trader. Reasonable to buy and low MF, but trades well.

In 2022 I have traded my small 1 bedroom SDO units for:
  • Prime February ski week in a 2 bedroom the Sheraton Steamboat
  • May week in a 2 bedroom Marriott OceanWatch, Myrtle Beach
  • October week in a 3 bedroom at Marriott Surfwatch, Hilton Head

jojuvan

Reaction score
@rickandcindy23 advice is bang on. I cannot speak to the ability to trade into DVC as I have not paid any attention. Our kids are grown so that is no longer within our interests.

I can echo rickandcindy 23 on Sheraton Desert Oasis ("SDO"). I own three weeks there, although I have yet to visit Arizona. It is a great trader. Reasonable to buy and low MF, but trades well.

In 2022 I have traded my small 1 bedroom SDO units for:
  • Prime February ski week in a 2 bedroom the Sheraton Steamboat
  • May week in a 2 bedroom Marriott OceanWatch, Myrtle Beach
  • October week in a 3 bedroom at Marriott Surfwatch, Hilton Head
Awesome! There is one for sale. Float weeks 28-35, 1 bedroom. MF $900/year. So this will get me 1 week trade to II, correct? I could get a 1 br dvc with this at any week of the year, correct? Based on availability? And just 1 week, right? No more than that?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Awesome! There is one for sale. Float weeks 28-35, 1 bedroom. MF $900/year. So this will get me 1 week trade to II, correct? I could get a 1 br dvc with this at any week of the year, correct? Based on availability? And just 1 week, right? No more than that?
No, don't buy that one. It's not prime season for Phoenix/ Scottsdale. Buy a unit that floats 1-52.

jojuvan

Reaction score
No, don't buy that one. It's not prime season for Phoenix/ Scottsdale. Buy a unit that floats 1-52.
Should I be looking for any sheraton unit that floats 1-52? If it's weeks 28-35, would that not be good because of trading power?

There is a vistana fountains that says float weeks 23, floats weeks 5-35. 2 bedroom. Is that one good?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Should I be looking for any sheraton unit that floats 1-52? If it's weeks 28-35, would that not be good because of trading power?

There is a vistana fountains that says float weeks 23, floats weeks 5-35. 2 bedroom. Is that one good?
The trading power of a 28-35 week will be low. YOu want to be looking for a SDO week that is 1-52. Not any Vistana or Sheraton 1-52, but specifically a Sheraton Desert Oasis.

Sheraton Vistana Resort - Fountains may have issues down the road. In the past, DVC used to have regional blocks preventing other Orlando resorts from trading in. So there is a chance that Vistana Resort - Fountains won't work for trading into Disney.

Heartlandfamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVC
BONUS QUESTION: How long will DVC be offered still in RCI? I still see them popping up through July at this point. Will they be available through 2023?
Thank you!

When DVC announced the switch to RCI it stated booking through RCI was available through 2023 for already deposited points. No way to know how many weeks will actually show up in 2023 if any since the cutoff for deposits was Dec 31 2021.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think you necessarily need a branded timeshare to trade into DVC. If you look at the sightings thread, many have seen the DVC deposits to date without a branded timeshare (like Blue Ridge Village, but that's not a good deal b/c of the special assessment.)

Heartlandfamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVC
I don't own II points or Marriott points or Vistana points. I do own floating weeks that I deposit into II and trade into Disney. I trade Sheraton Broadway Plantation (mostly) for the best exchanges. I have yet to trade into Disney since the change to II. I don't want summer weeks. The two-bedroom SBP lockoffs in summer season are the best. Vistana deposits a generic week with a combined trading power of what season you own. We own floating weeks 9-43 and 47. It doesn't matter if you own a week 9 or 43 or 27, the trading power is exactly the same.

Marriott resorts, I deposit prime summer weeks, which I reserve through Marriott for my season. We own Marriott's Willow Ridge in Branson. Great trading power for the lockoff units. I pay I think $90 extra for each week to "lock off" my unit for two sides of the lockoff and deposit each separately. Works great, but studios pull best with ongoing searches.

I have a very limited knowledge of trading power because I haven't bought a bunch of different Marriott and Vistana weeks. I know Sheraton Desert Oasis (we own two of those) and Sheraton Broadway Plantation (we own a lot of those), and Marriott's Willow Ridge, all of those trade in II for Disney. But that could change at any time.

Disney deposits in II in the past (before DVC went to RCI) have been tough to get for certain seasons. There are summer dates sitting online right now, but I don't go to Disney in summer. I think fall will be very tough to get and will require a 2 bedroom to get a 1 bedroom, if Disney even gives II fall weeks. Owners are having a tough time getting them. January and May will be easy.

Thanks for this info, I’ve been considering a 2 bedroom lock off at Willow Ridge but I am concerned about trading power. Have you traded with Willow Ridge for other prime locations? Like other MVC properties or Hyatt?

Ski-Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Grandview LV - Vacation Villages
The trading power of a 28-35 week will be low. YOu want to be looking for a SDO week that is 1-52. Not any Vistana or Sheraton 1-52, but specifically a Sheraton Desert Oasis.

Sheraton Vistana Resort - Fountains may have issues down the road. In the past, DVC used to have regional blocks preventing other Orlando resorts from trading in. So there is a chance that Vistana Resort - Fountains won't work for trading into Disney.

Agreed. I have a two of the SDO 1-52 units and a platinum. I forget the platinum weeks, but it is opposite of that 28-35 referenced above. I do not recollect ever seeing much diff in trading power of my 1-52 vs platinum. I remember trying to match them off one time. Point being, the 1-52 seems to pull good trades in II. If booking home weeks at SDO, the platinum shows the diffrence.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am very new to II but like others have said I deposited a unit from a smaller system the lock off side to a 2brd VV@ Williamsburg yesterday that we would not be using- it was able to see Saratoga Springs I bedroom for this fall- Sept-October...If I hadn't just taken an RCI Disney trip, I would have jumped on it, the unit was given to me through tug marketplace $1 with this years dues paid so my cost this year is minimal....Check the tug marketplace for II traders I looked for a 4 bedroom EOY lockoff- at a location that we would be happy to use at the home resort and lockout and bank to trade on the opposite years.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I am very new to II but like others have said I deposited a unit from a smaller system the lock off side to a 2brd VV@ Williamsburg yesterday that we would not be using- it was able to see Saratoga Springs I bedroom for this fall- Sept-October...If I hadn't just taken an RCI Disney trip, I would have jumped on it, the unit was given to me through tug marketplace $1 with this years dues paid so my cost this year is minimal....Check the tug marketplace for II traders I looked for a 4 bedroom EOY lockoff- at a location that we would be happy to use at the home resort and lockout and bank to trade on the opposite years.
You picked up an annual or EOY?

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
You picked up an annual or EOY?
EOYE- 4bdr lockout. I booked a week in august locked it off and deposited the other side into II. The intention is to use the II week for 2023 in another location..
The EOY keeps the maintenance fees within reason for us...

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
EOYE- 4bdr lockout. I booked a week in august locked it off and deposited the other side into II. The intention is to use the II week for 2023 in another location..
The EOY keeps the maintenance fees within reason for us...
That’s amazing! What week? I wish I was in top of that haha I would have been on it

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be the naysayer: I think it is unwise to buy a week specifically for trading into DVC. Too many things can change including required trade power and even affiliation. Buying anything with the intention to trade into the same high-demand resort system/area regularly is a recipe for eventual disappointment.

If on the other hand you need more timeshares *and* you want to try II in general, that might make more sense.

Angel1123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you deposit a DVC studio week thru DVC and possibly pull a 1BR exchange thru II or is that not advisable. I’ve been spoiled with Club Wyndham deposits into DVC RCI exchanges. Own DVC and Wyndham. I love exchanging for my DVC stays and renting my DVC points for a win-win!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can you deposit a DVC studio week thru DVC and possibly pull a 1BR exchange thru II or is that not advisable. I’ve been spoiled with Club Wyndham deposits into DVC RCI exchanges. Own DVC and Wyndham. I love exchanging for my DVC stays and renting my DVC points for a win-win!
I don't know why you would want to try that. Wyndham worked for Disney. I think II is still an unknown for most deposits. Don't buy something just to trade. Anything can happen in the future.

Yes, Blue Ridge Village does work, but who wants those MF's? It's not worth it, unless I can get a 2 bedroom for a 2 bedroom. No 2 bedrooms so far on II. Not a single one showing.

By the way, Marriott's Willow Ridge are 2 bedrooms and you pay a fee to reserve a lockoff unit. I think the fee is $90. You cannot buy a lockoff unit, only a two bedroom. It's worked okay in the past. We are never guaranteed the ability to do that. After all, the resort has mostly 2 bedrooms, not one bedrooms/ studios.

Also, yes, I have used WR for Marriott's Ko Olina and Marriott's Maui Ocean Club. I haven't been working very hard at it. I like my Marriott preference for Newport Coast and just traded in for 6/3 with my last one bedroom at WR. That is a gem of an exchange.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score

DVC is a points based system so unless something has drastically changed an owner deposits a specific amount of points not a particular size unit... with to be honest I haven't really paid attention as I have never had enough DVC left over points to deposit ever lol I am always borrowing...

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
As a DVC owner, you can't use your DVC points to trade back in to DVC.

jenmcnitt

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have owned a nice Wyndham resale contract for about 2 years. A big selling point for that was being able to exchange into RCI for DVC. Now that DVC is partnering with II, we are wanting to purchase another resale contact that will allow us to exchange into Interval. So my questions are:

1. What would be the cheapest way to join Interval? (Marriott, Vistana, Welk...etc.)?

We typically would be booking a 1 bedroom DVC, so we just need enough points to cover that through Interval.

Thank you!

I have a similar question. What did you end up deciding to do?

jojuvan

Reaction score
I have a similar question. What did you end up deciding to do?
Nothing as of yet. I did lots of research on interval and I left even more confused on how to get a resale contract that is of enough value to trade in for dvc. In the meantime I'm still seeing dvc availability though January 2023 in rci, so I'm hoping there will be some in March when we are looking to go!

rmclain73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nothing as of yet. I did lots of research on interval and I left even more confused on how to get a resale contract that is of enough value to trade in for dvc. In the meantime I'm still seeing dvc availability though January 2023 in rci, so I'm hoping there will be some in March when we are looking to go!

Why not just buy resale DVC points? Why go through the hassle of having to trade and worry about what happens in the future between II and DVC?