• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

exchange granted now what?

travelbrite

Reaction score
I deposited my 2 br Marriott Aruba Surf club unit in which i received a bonus week and put in a few requests.
I request St. Kitts (one specific week) and Spain, 2 places a larger travel date window. I just got confirmed for St. Kitts, so now what are my options I think i have 24 hours to accept it or decline it? If i decline it there are no guarantees i will get the spain weeks. Has anyone declined their 1st confirmation and held out for something else?

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Easy decision...

I deposited my 2 br Marriott Aruba Surf club unit in which i received a bonus week and put in a few requests.
I request St. Kitts (one specific week) and Spain, 2 places a larger travel date window. I just got confirmed for St. Kitts, so now what are my options I think i have 24 hours to accept it or decline it? If i decline it there are no guarantees i will get the spain weeks. Has anyone declined their 1st confirmation and held out for something else?

As Clint Eastwood asked in Dirty Harry....."Do you feel lucky?":shrug:

If you have been offered exactly what you actually requested, why on earth would you even consider now declining it, for the mere possibility of your other choice being maybe (...only maybe) being offered later? :confused:

It's your decision, of course, but it sure seems like a "no brainer" to me...

Last edited:

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
:eek: Are you kidding?! Except it!!! Then save for your plane ticket? That is not an easy trade in my book.

travelbrite

Reaction score
i may decline it because i can get that same unit in Nov. with a bonus AC. I got an AC when i deposited my week and was planning to use it this Nov. I just checked and it looks like there will be availability at the St Kitts in Nov, so now i can expand my Spain travel window.

travelbrite

Reaction score
i did decline it and put in for Spain only, since that is where i really want to go. I will try to get st. Kitts using my bonus AC, as it looks like it will be available. With 2 properties and 7 weeks to choose from, hopefully Spain will come thru.

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
Become a member and check the sightings board- valuable info there now which may be of help to you...

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
i did decline it and put in for Spain only, since that is where i really want to go. I will try to get st. Kitts using my bonus AC, as it looks like it will be available. With 2 properties and 7 weeks to choose from, hopefully Spain will come thru.

While some resorts in Spain are generally available it depends which 7 weeks you have chosen. Summer is very competitive mostly because of millions of European tourists. Of the two Marriotts in Spain I would recommend Playa Andaluza because of superior location and its newer facilities. Keep in mind that most Spanish beaches are a step below what you generally find in Florida.

K.